INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• marker0357

OK, I admit that I’m a DFS degenerate. Now, since that is out of the way, has anyone played any of these Madden games on DK? I’ve only played the free ones myself, without much luck I must admit. What the heck is this all about? I see there is even a Holiday tournament now posted. I suppose these are simulated games using the Madden game platform but are there any strategies to employ? I’m not a gamer, never was so my experience is very limited. I’m just looking for some basic insight into how to approach these games.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Click and pray… I can’t bring myself to play “paid” Madden sims. I play the free ones and leave it at that.

All I will say is never play a lineup you would in “real DFS” lol

• joephoto

I looked at todays Madden promo contest.
    NO James Robinson for JAX.
    NO Jonathan Taylor for Ind.
    NO A.J. Brown for Tenn.
    Guys I might have used are not on rosters, and they are Starters. Go figure.

• marker0357

Exactly my point. The games don’t seem to reflect real game results for either current year or last year. It’s just weird that players who would be one-offs like Ross are at a higher salary than say Boyd. I’m having trouble applying logic. I thought maybe I was missing the cheat codes.

• BigRay

If you are playing, you should check out these depth charts. They are crazy. For instance, for TB Fornette is the 1st and 2nd down back and McCoy is the 3rd down back. very detached from reality.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/playbook/21436368/draftkings-madden-stream-depth-charts-for-all-teams

• ifthethunder

I’ve been playing them all along. Got 5,000 Crowns for Madden Ironman, and 5,000 for multi-sport esports too.

Highly recommend you use this link:

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2020/6/29/21309140/madden-streams-information-page

It gives you the current depth charts, ratings, who the slot WRs are (important for “Weather Wednesday”), and such as.
    ~

• ifthethunder

@BigRay said...

If you are playing, you should check out these depth charts. They are crazy. For instance, for TB Fornette is the 1st and 2nd down back and McCoy is the 3rd down back. very detached from reality.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/playbook/21436368/draftkings-madden-stream-depth-charts-for-all-teams

And Le’Veon Bell is both RB1 and 3rd down back for the New York Jets.
    ~

• marker0357

It looks like it’s going to be really difficult to separate fact from fiction. What you do in actual DFS is possibly quite different than what you would do in sims. That sounds like a recipe for disaster in mixing the 2 up.

• yisman

I am not allowed to play the paid Madden sims, unfortunately.

I’m better at the Madden contests than I am at real NFL DFS.

• DraftKings_CM

• DraftKings Representative

We have you covered! Check out https://www.draftkings.com/lp/2020-madden-holiday-season for the full holiday season calendar, game results, and all-new promotions.

Player ratings and rosters are from Week 1 with all the injuries and COVID-19 opt-outs available. In December, Madden adjusted the X-factors and Superstar traits of several players, but their ratings remain unchanged.

You can also visit the DKNation depth charts page at https://dknation.draftkings.com/playbook/21436368/draftkings-madden-stream-depth-charts-for-all-teams for the depth chart of each team as well as a full list of X-factors, Superstar traits, and specialty roles.

The Madden Streams info page (https://dknation.draftkings.com/2020/6/29/21309140/madden-streams-information-page) also contains weather and other important game information.

– DraftKings Community Team

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

Its ridiculous. I get having them when there were no sports but come on now. I played one paid contest a few weeks ago and will never play again. And yes I lost. I didnt have Derrick Henry and his 50 burger at like 80% ownership lol. I guess people like them but I just dont get it. They are definitely way more tilting. End rant.

• marker0357

we’ll see how this goes. I watched one of the games earlier and wasn’t impressed when I saw a scripted run by Big Ben on first down nowhere near the goal line. I don’t care how many times the game is simulated, that just didn’t seem likely at all to me. LOL

• FuzzyOzzy

@marker0357 said...

we’ll see how this goes. I watched one of the games earlier and wasn’t impressed when I saw a scripted run by Big Ben on first down nowhere near the goal line. I don’t care how many times the game is simulated, that just didn’t seem likely at all to me. LOL

The Madden game engine is trash. The AI is horrible in decision making and does all sorts of bonkers, makes no sense, stuff. They can’t even program in proper 2/4 minute drill plays. I get some people like them, but to use the term “simulation” is not at all accurate. There is a solid reason that many of us prior Madden players have hoped beyond hope that EA loses the exclusive license to the NFL.

• marker0357

After watching the sim games yesterday (first time ever), I have a few comments.

- The graphics etc. are actually pretty cool and the introduction of external factors like weather is also interesting – The coach reactions, in-huddle player actions, and all of the extraneous background is pretty cool and adds to the experience – I don’t like the min quarters (I think they are like 8 min ea, if I’m not mistaken) – If the game flow and play selection are based upon simulations, I would say that they are off a bit relative to real-life situations. It’s more like a gamer provided technical collaboration instead of someone familiar with football. That may be fine for gaming but when trying to cross-over to DFS, it really needs to be more accurate.

I’ll give it a few more days while this Holiday tournament is playing so that I can get a better feel and fair sample size before deciding if it’s worth my time or to just stick with real-game DFS, props, and customary online gambling.

IMO, you really need to watch the sims in progress to get a feel for how it relates to actual game flow if you’re going to have an opinion.

• NarrowJ

I can’t stand the Madden Streams/Sims.

Can’t remember who it was, but my quarterback ran backwards 77 yards and out of his own end zone for a safety which got me negative 7.7 points.

Also the play calling is dumb. Like someone said about Ben Roethlisberger with a scripted run at the goal line. But usually it’s more something like being down by a score with a minute left and they run it 3 times at midfield. Makes zero sense.

• ifthethunder

@NarrowJ said...

I can’t stand the Madden Streams/Sims.

Can’t remember who it was, but my quarterback ran backwards 77 yards and out of his own end zone for a safety which got me negative 7.7 points.

Also the play calling is dumb. Like someone said about Ben Roethlisberger with a scripted run at the goal line. But usually it’s more something like being down by a score with a minute left and they run it 3 times at midfield. Makes zero sense.

I’ve watched them a lot. And common-tated, because what the heck.

Anyways, the dumbest thing I ever saw was a team in a tie game with a time-out left run the ball on 3rd, inside the 30 yard line. And then just watch 20 seconds tick off the clock…boom, O.T. baby!

E.A. apparently put far more effort into the graphics than the A.I.

But perhaps, their intent is to provide a product that two people play head-to-head, not a simulated NFL game run by the computer?

P.S. Someone needs to buy Microsoft tablet guy a jacket or sweater.
    ~

• marker0357

KC 17 LAC 7

Mahomes 1 PA TD, 285 PA YDS, -1 RU YDS, 1 INT, 1 Fumble, 1 2 pt Pass

LMAO. Either they have some seriously flawed AI feeding the sims or they have some 8 yr old at the controls. No offense meant to 8 y.o.‘s. I’ve seen enough to know I won’t be spending anymore cash on these sim games.

• jayzee666

I agree, these SIMs are inaccurate. I have actually cashed in some of these tournaments! That never happens in real life!

• JH822547

I am way too into these now.

Love the three game classic slates with late swap.

• hautalak

• x2

It was only the quarter but just took down my first sim! I was salty from the “early” outcome but luckily the later games saved me.

Thanks for DK achievements or I wouldn’t have played!!!

• JH822547

Was that the OBJ career game when Mayfield threw him three bombs for TD’s?

• hautalak

• x2

@JH822547 said...

Was that the OBJ career game when Mayfield threw him three bombs for TD’s?

No but I think I remember that one! This time is the Asiasi TE connection with some Gurley, Russ, and DK.

• ToughMonkeys

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #30

RG Tiered Ranking

I won thousands on these. Just like real DFS you got to do your homework.

• JH822547

Come on Monkeys, give us simple folks a couple of tips.

• JH822547

Classic moment last night

https://youtu.be/PO3PHVjUnB4?t=34528

• yisman

@JH822547 said...

https://youtu.be/PO3PHVjUnB4?t=34528

Pretty insane. WR4 vulture in a snow game.

I never use Lee because he rarely sees snaps or touches.

Of course, this is one of the reminders of how it doesn’t reflect real life.

In real life, Lee signed a one year deal with NE and then opted out of the season.

Like Funchess for GB. Never played for the team.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).