NASCAR FORUM

Comments

• ifthethunder

10/30/20 (Trucks) 8:00 PM NASCAR Hall of Fame 200

10/31/20 (XFIN) 3:38 PM Draft Top 250

11/01/20 (Cup) 2:09 PM Xfinity 500

- Founded in 1947, Martinsville Speedway is the only track remaining from NASCAR’s original schedule that is still hosting the Premiere Series. Known as the “Half-Mile of Mayhem”, the shortest track on the Cup Schedule is known for producing non-stop action throughout the race. At the end of the race, the winning driver is presented with the iconic grandfather clock trophy, while the rest of the field, as Kevin Harvick said, is left with “bent fenders and hurt feelings.” –

P.S. The Cup race is on 11/01/2020. Ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© Enterprises, LLC, regrets the error. Which has been corrected.
    ~

• ifthethunder

P.S. I made a DK contest for this. ($1, and re-sizeable…so it’s guaranteed to run.)

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/95478327
    ~

• winnerchickendinner

Like JJ Yeley for both the xfinity and cup race………. yeah

Truex Jr. and Keselowski are both locked in

Sam Mayer crashed here last year in Trucks

• ifthethunder

@winnerchickendinner said...

Like JJ Yeley for both the xfinity and cup race………. yeah

Truex Jr. and Keselowski are both locked in

Sam Mayer crashed here last year in Trucks

DK Trucks contest offerings are so scanty. And why? It’s Friday, for cripes sake. There’s no football, basketball, or anything else really going on.
    ~

• winnerchickendinner

@ifthethunder said...

DK Trucks contest offerings are so scanty. And why? It’s Friday, for cripes sake. There’s no football, basketball, or anything else really going on.
    ~

Yeah but 20k for the top prize is nice considering trucks doesn’t get much traffic. Got 15th place last week for a wonderful $60.

• ifthethunder

Yeah but 20k for the top prize is nice considering trucks doesn’t get much traffic. Got 15th place last week for a wonderful $60.

I don’t enter the big stuff for trucks or XFIN, I’m mainly in dime time, quarters and those ticket satellites. So not only are there not 2 ticket contests in trucks, there are none for XFIN or Cup. So that’s my lack of angle.
    ~

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

I haven’t played trucks in what feels like forever. Since NASCAR was about the only game in town back in June/July, I believe. Never did super well with trucks, but here I am…

Anyway, if I figure anything useful out as I d®ive in, I’ll share.

• winnerchickendinner

@ifthethunder said...

I don’t enter the big stuff for trucks or XFIN, I’m mainly in dime time, quarters and those ticket satellites. So not only are there not 2 ticket contests in trucks, there are none for XFIN or Cup. So that’s my lack of angle.
    ~

I see what you’re saying. Trucks have at least ran races here at Martinsville before compared to xfinity so researching should be easy. Looking at how drivers have done on other short tracks should help as well.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

So, tonight I take it the plays are:

Rohrbaugh, Fogleman, Timmy Hill, Bohn, Bayne, Truex, Rhodes, Hocevar, Friesen, Sauter, Gilliland, Mayer, Creed, Moffitt?

Anyone else?

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

Rohrbaugh, Fogleman, Timmy Hill, Bohn, Bayne, Truex, Rhodes, Hocevar, Friesen, Sauter, Gilliland, Mayer, Creed, Moffitt?

Anyone else?

I made two lineups, most of those are scattered into ‘em.

Good luck, people!
    ~

• marker0357

I always play Crafton. Always.

• winnerchickendinner

@Pandamonious said...

Anyone else?

Davis for tonight. Also Kligerman. I got Hill for tomorrow.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

I made way too many line ups, considering my history with trucks and time I was able to put into this.

• ifthethunder

2 of 6 upside trucks one lineup, 5 of 6 the other! At least I won in Madden Sims…

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/95392362?uc=2320534564#/
    ~

• marker0357

I like Gaulding & Hill

• winnerchickendinner

Got Allgaier leading alot of the laps and being the fastest car today. 100%

• Wooden_Bones

Got Allgaier leading alot of the laps and being the fastest car today. 100%

I’ll take Chastain to lead more laps and for $1k less. Not to say Allgaier isn’t a solid play.

• winnerchickendinner

@Wooden_Bones said...

I’ll take Chastain to lead more laps and for $1k less. Not to say Allgaier isn’t a solid play.

I got both actually lol

• ifthethunder

I made 3 XFIN lineups, 2 cashed thanks to having Harrison Burton in them.

For today, there’s still plenty of room left in this contest. (Although it may be that there’s only 8 of us reading these threads.)

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/95478327

P.S. There are a few spots left in BIF’s $2 NFL contest, too.

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/95272530
    ~

• yisman

bobpockrass
    ·
    16m
    No 2x failures in prerace tech today (typically don’t have as many of those issues at Martinsville).

• yisman

I punted with Suarez and I’m not happy about it.

I could go JJ and Byron or Suarez and Truex

• ifthethunder

I meant to check in with Bob, but was too obsessed with golf. Looks like I got away with that, re: tech issues.

Anywho: 5 lineups, no wrecks. Yet.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/95438202?uc=2325372516#/
    ~

• yisman

there actually was overlay in a very rare occurrence, although not much

like $80 worth in a cash game and it only happened because they did a $1 single entry with a $1500 prize pool

got to 1420 by lock

• ifthethunder

@yisman said...

there actually was overlay in a very rare occurrence, although not much

like $80 worth in a cash game and it only happened because they did a $1 single entry with a $1500 prize pool

got to 1420 by lock

BTW, I just checked my PGA achievements. I’m at 123/130, which checks out with when I last looked a week or so ago. I should be at 124/130 tomorrow, which means there was room to miss 2 contests and still get Ironman.

Could you tell me where you are with tennis and EPL? EPL is so random (to me) figuring out when they have games scheduled. And I’d hate to chase Ironman in a sport I’m not very good at…especially if I’m already out of it.
    ~

• yisman

tennis I play once a week for that achievement. It says I’m 20/22.

PGA I may have cost myself big time as I figured late showdown I could do after I did EPL at 8:45 AM. Somehow the “late” showdown today was before 9 AM. WTF PGA?

I’m 118/125 but I just missed today, so I’ll still be at 118 after the update tomorrow.

That’s daily. Weekly I’m 21/23.

• ifthethunder

@yisman said...

tennis I play once a week for that achievement. It says I’m 20/22.

PGA I may have cost myself big time as I figured late showdown I could do after I did EPL at 8:45 AM. Somehow the “late” showdown today was before 9 AM. WTF PGA?

I’m 118/125 but I just missed today, so I’ll still be at 118 after the update tomorrow.

That’s daily. Weekly I’m 21/23.

Yeah, it does sound like you’re screwed for the 25,000 PGA Ironman. In weekly PGA for the 5,000, I’m also at 21/23.

In EPL, I have: Weekly Ironman: Reward:7.5K Crowns: 7/32

Fantasy Soccer Ironman: Reward: 17.5K Crowns: 18/110
    ~

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).