MAIN FORUM

Comments

• slicktornewman

Anyone else have a problem depositing to any gaming sites as of today using a Mastercard? I tried loading my DK account and horseplayer account this evening with my Scotiabank Mastercard and both transactions were declined and my card blocked. When I reached out to Scotia’s fraud department, I was told as of today, Mastercard has made a decision not to accept any gaming transactions. If true this is outrageous IMO. I’m in Ontario and last I checked DFS and wagering on horse’s are both legal here and Mastercard should be honoring all transactions that are legal.

• DraftKings_CM

• DraftKings Representative

Anyone else have a problem depositing to any gaming sites as of today using a Mastercard? I tried loading my DK account and horseplayer account this evening with my Scotiabank Mastercard and both transactions were declined and my card blocked. When I reached out to Scotia’s fraud department, I was told as of today, Mastercard has made a decision not to accept any gaming transactions. If true this is outrageous IMO. I’m in Ontario and last I checked DFS and wagering on horse’s are both legal here and Mastercard should be honoring all transactions that are legal.

In Canada there are six major banks, each with their own policies related to gaming transactions. Scotia is on our unconfirmed list, we have seen transactions declined and we have also seem them accepted. We wish we had a better answer for you, unfortunately the result is out of our control; your bank has the right to decide their own policies.

We can share that we have generally positive results with TD and BMO in Canada, we know of some players who establish accounts with a bank that is more likely to be approved.

If you have further questions or need additional guidance, please email our support team at support@draftkings.com.

- DraftKings Community Team

• slicktornewman

Thanks for the reply and generally speaking the big 5 or 6 if you include Bank of Canada, all say they don’t support gaming transactions and that’s been their policy for a long time. I’ve known their stance on gambling for a while but up until Monday I haven’t had a transaction decline for that reason. It disgusts me when the banks try to control how adults live their life. I’m all for any company blocking someone from conducting illegal activities but as I stated in my original post, nothing I’m attempting to do is remotely illegal. Such an archaic take on gaming/gambling.

• Jvanspro

CNt you just use PayPal?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler