MAIN FORUM

Comments

• bmarksespn1

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #19

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking

Did I miss something? I went about 2 months without playing dfs. I’ve been back for a couple of days now and everything was as I remembered it. But as I looked over the nba slate for tomorrow (2/28/17), I noticed that the max entries on DK has changed for low stakes($4 nba 300k four point play) usually it’s 150 entry max, but now it’s showing 20, same for $3 gpps on the turbo and late slates. I’ve looked everywhere for more info this with no luck. It didn’t change for NHL or PGA. Anyone have info this?

• ElSlappo

This seems to be brand new today, yesterday was the usual 150 entry limit I believe

• Whacko

Kinda looking into this myself, not real thrilled about the changes without any reason.

It really doesnt affect me all to much except I liked to use certain contests to test variance on my models.

Maybe this is just a test to see what kind of participation they will have.

Lets see if any information rolls out regarding the reasoning behind it.

Is it just for NBA? Can we expect this for MLB.
    Really curious about it.

• MalphiteGod420

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking

Wondering why the max entries is now 20 on a lot of these popular tournaments such as the Quarter arcade and the And 1 instead of 50.

• steelcitydozer

@Whacko said...

Maybe this is just a test to see what kind of participation they will have.

That is my best guess .I bet it will fill

• mrmogz

@MalphiteGod420 said...

Wondering why the max entries is now 20 on a lot of these popular tournaments such as the Quarter arcade and the And 1 instead of 50.

Ya I just noticed that too. Very interesting, even the 4PP is 20 max tonight.

• ocdobv

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #1

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking

Seems random since you still still fire 75 lineups into a field of 2614 in the $9 sky hook.

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #57

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking

Odd I haven’t noticed this before. Would be a huge turn off. I don’t max enter any contest but I prefer 50-60 lineups

• gje627

Could it be an attempt by DK to discourage collusion and other group play and also increase the skill element? I imagine our friends mazwa and ragingphillip (and other notable “team” players) will be most be impacted.

While I personally like the higher max entry limit, I am also in favor of mixing things up.

In this regard, for NBA, MLB, and NHL, with games played every day during each league’s respective season, I think it’s a great idea for DK to designate one or two days a week where the maximum entry limits are lowered for the big contests.

In theory, this would at least give the lower entry, lower bankroll players a fighting chance to win a decent paying contest, at least once or twice a week.

• elementasrat

Interesting how DK isn’t allowing 150 entries in the $4 GPP but still allow it in the $20 which is the one I’m planning on entering…. ugh.

• flip4flop

Dear god yes please lower it from 150. I wouldnt mind seeing 20-50 being the limit. Dont care if the prize pools are smaller.

• MalphiteGod420

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking

For me personally I really hate how they did this. I’m down this year and wanted the opportunity to get my money back, and 20 entries a day just isn’t enough. It was much easier for me to just do 50 entries in the $1 and .25 and now I’d have to only do 20 entries in those tournaments and then signup for like some 3 entry max tournaments, which is a real pain and more time consuming, especially if you have to last minute edit your lineups its a real pain if you only have a handful or less of entries in several different tournaments. Horrible decision by DK….

• billholler

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    @elementasrat said...

Interesting how DK isn’t allowing 150 entries in the $4 GPP but still allow it in the $20 which is the one I’m planning on entering…. ugh.

That makes no sense. Even the $444 entry Power Dunk allows for 35 entries. WTF are they doing?

• Jett

@MalphiteGod420 said...

Absolutely love this. I never understood why DK doesn’t have a MASSIVE single entry tournament. Wouldn’t you want everyone’s BEST lineup? Would be pretty cool

• MPDR1983

@billholler said...

That makes no sense. Even the $444 entry Power Dunk allows for 35 entries. WTF are they doing?

Rich get richer poor stay poor

• draped

@elementasrat said...

try the 27$ single entry. I much prefer that tourney when I decide to pay up for buy-ins.

• Lathum

I just wrote FD to see if they will be following suit, and let them know if it stays this way I will likely be taking all my play to DK as it massively levels the playing field for the casual player.

• ocdobv

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    • Ranked #1

RG Tiered Ranking

RG Tiered Ranking

See https://www.draftkings.com/lp/2017-shootaround-week In the fine print: “Alongside Shootaround Week, most NBA contests $5 or less to enter will have a maximum entry limit of 20”.

In the future I’d like to see them run multiple versions: 3 Max, 20 Max, 150 max, etc. No reason it needs to be 1 way or the other since people obviously have preferences both ways.

• fenway2015

they should limit the amount of entries to a contest. the sharks with hundreds of entries are ruining the DFS industry. let the sharks try to win a GPP with a single entry as that takes skill instead of using computer programs with hundreds of entries.

• KillaChap

I find it hilarious that people are complaining about sites limiting the entries after complaining about too many multiple entries. You just can’t win with some people.

• billholler

RG Overall Ranking

RG Overall Ranking
    @fenway2015 said...

they should limit the amount of entries to a contest. the sharks with hundreds of entries are ruining the DFS industry

Not a shark but my hundreds of entries are more commonly referred to as donations.

• IrishCarBomb9

I personally really like a limited number of entries at around 20 max to level the playing field from the sharps who have huge bankrolls and can max enter 150 lineups without blinking an eye. I’m a casual player who spends $50-100 a night depending on the slate and usually that means I will only have about 15-20 lineups and when you play against guys who play 150 entries you really need to get lucky to min cash so this is great for a player like me. Definitely levels the playing field which will attract similar casual players.

• elementasrat

@KillaChap said...

I find it hilarious that people are complaining about sites limiting the entries after complaining about too many multiple entries. You just can’t win with some people.

I’m just pissed because I got my bankroll up to a point where I’m comfortable in higher stakes and NOW DK decides to limit MME at the lower stakes.

• draped

@fenway2015 said...

they should limit the amount of entries to a contest. the sharks with hundreds of entries are ruining the DFS industry. let the sharks try to win a GPP with a single entry as that takes skill instead of using computer programs with hundreds of entries.

if you do that you are also taking a HUGE chunk of $$$ out of the industry. You guys realize that a very large portion of the money that goes into DFS is from these sharks right? IF you limit them then you are going to be limiting the rake of the sites which limits their profits which means lower price pools and less money in the prize pools in general. and the sharks will still win their fair share.

instead of complaining just play the SINGLE ENTRY GPPs. They are there for a reason and I take full advantage of them.

EDIT: also its hilarious when people come on here and say they could easily make money entering 150 lineups. its much harder making 150 lineups profitable than it is to make 1. So a bit of advice if you aren’t profitable making 1 lineup you wouldn’t be making 150. These guys taking a lower ROI at 150 lineups but increase their buy-ins to make up for it.

• firepimp

Fanduel has a 500k Enourmous Monster game. $444 dollar buy in, 1252 contestants allowed. Looked through it being nosey and one gentleman/lady has put in 40 entries into it. That’s $17,760 dollars worth of entries alone. Wowwwwww.
    1st place is $100k, 2nd $50k 3rd 30k, 4th 20k, 5th 10k. Last place 100-259th get 800 bucks.

Thats just insane to me to have that much of a bankroll which I know it is possible in this day and age and to be that ballsy to go 40 entries into it. I like to play a 50 dollar or 100 dollar entry now and then but nope nope and hell nope I’m not riding or dying even if I have the bank roll to throw 20k at a tournament lol.

• Wander_Bread

@IrishCarBomb9 said...

I personally really like a limited number of entries at around 20 max to level the playing field from the sharps who have huge bankrolls and can max enter 150 lineups without blinking an eye. I’m a casual player who spends $50-100 a night depending on the slate and usually that means I will only have about 15-20 lineups and when you play against guys who play 150 entries you really need to get lucky to min cash so this is great for a player like me. Definitely levels the playing field which will attract similar casual players.

Couldn’t agree more. 150 entries in one of the bigger GPPs for someone with a huge bankroll (probably because they have won some larger tournaments utilizing the max entries) just gives them such an advantage to a more casual player – and we all know that a lot of the casual players play for 2 reasons:
    1) Make the games more interesting – for me this has replaced betting on individual NBA games.
    2) Chance of winning a big GPP.

I think DK is realizing this and is trying to level the playing field a bit to attract more players in these GPP’s who normally would not touch them.

JMO

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get a FREE 3-month subscription to our FanDuel Premium content (a ~$90 value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 3 months. That’s a ~$90 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

Sign up for FantasyDraft through one of our links and say you were referred by “GRINDERS” to receive a cashback bonus of 4% on all entry fees (up to $5,000) for 90 days after your first deposit. You’ll also receive a comped 3-month subscription to our FantasyDraft Premium content, an additional ~$90 value FREE!

Learn More
  • Draft

Create your account using Draft promo code “GRINDERS” and receive a free $3 Entry as well as TONS of exclusive Grinders-only perks.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.