NBA FORUM

• bmarksespn1

Did I miss something? I went about 2 months without playing dfs. I’ve been back for a couple of days now and everything was as I remembered it. But as I looked over the nba slate for tomorrow (2/28/17), I noticed that the max entries on DK has changed for low stakes($4 nba 300k four point play) usually it’s 150 entry max, but now it’s showing 20, same for $3 gpps on the turbo and late slates. I’ve looked everywhere for more info this with no luck. It didn’t change for NHL or PGA. Anyone have info this?

• MikeMineo

@ThatStunna said...

Well, the tournaments are smaller so they’re easier to win

Tournament sizes were never the primary complaints among people on here. No one was ever complaining for the sites to host smaller contests — there are always a variety of contest sizes. It had to do with max entry limits.

There have been smaller contests every night for years — often “NBA Shot #2” or something with only a couple thousand users, or 10-20k users.

This new format is absolutely nothing new in regard to contest sizes.

If someone wants to play smaller tournaments so they could say they won a tournament, they are extremely easy to find and always have been.

• billholler

@MikeMineo said...

This new format is absolutely nothing new in regard to contest sizes.

The beaten dead horse is going to get beat some more……..Once again, if they wanted to experiment with lower entry limits, why do it on their most popular NBA tournament? I guarantee you they could fill 2 different 4 point tourneys (1 with 20 max, 1 with 150 max). Then they do something crazy like make extra money.

• MikeMineo

Maybe so that when people complain to tech support about max entry limits, as they often do, they can point to these contests to show there’s little to no difference in cashing line or overall likelihood of winning the whole thing.

The sharks are going to put forth their absolute best lineups. And the fish.. well, there’s no more fish anymore.

It’s no different. But go ahead and get excited if you want. Format does nothing for me. I prefer having the option to put in 50-100 lineups, but whatever.

• Kidbx175

• billholler

@elementasrat said...

Keep in mind that the Amazon outage probably played a part.

I’d expect it to fill earlier going forward.

20 minutes to lock again and still not filled.

• billholler

It filled with 8 minutes and 39 seconds left. The usual 4 point with 60,000 extra entries usually fills more than an hour before lock and they end up adding a $3 Sharpshooter.

• curt777

Well at least now I only have 17 lineups with Rodney Hood

• Ree4erMadness

@whoisjohngalt said...

Also interesting how someone can have 10’s of thousands of dollars on the line on any given night, yet apparently that isn’t enough and still feels need to dumpster dive in .25 cent games.

THIS

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #69

RG Tiered Ranking

Tomorrow’s DK $4 NHL $40k is limited to 20 entries like the NBA $4 events….if this continues for MLB I will only play FD. Annoying that the $20 are unaffected.

• shamrock77s

Why?
    There is obviously quite a bit of data that DK has reviewed that has shown what we have known all along, that lower $ value GPP’s will still fill below 150 entry limits. The fact that they are no longer allowing 150 entries into a tournament at this price point is a good thing for the industry and for people who don’t have the bankroll to play $600 every night in a single tournament.

• Messiah717

I fail to see the problem and I doubt you will get much sympathy from most people who don’t feel like going up against mass lineup entries in every contest.

• pickles

I think this is part of the shootaround week thing they are doing so its probably a one time deal. If not, most of my action will go to FD. Not a fan of this at all.

• KindGuy

@pickles said...

I think this is part of the shootaround week thing they are doing so its probably a one time deal. If not, most of my action will go to FD. Not a fan of this at all.

Why? You can’t stand being on a level playing field?

• KindGuy

@Roma315 said...

Tomorrow’s DK $4 NHL $40k is limited to 20 entries like the NBA $4 events….if this continues for MLB I will only play FD. Annoying that the $20 are unaffected.

You and Bill Holler need to get a room.

• Olhausen

I definitely have no problem with this as I rarely do more then 10 lineup’s a night. However I think 30-50 would be a fair number for all.

• Whacko

I highly believe They are testing various things out before MLB.
    Maybe this NHL test is part of the grand scheme….

• NickDG23

@draped said...

if you do that you are also taking a HUGE chunk of $$$ out of the industry. You guys realize that a very large portion of the money that goes into DFS is from these sharks right? IF you limit them then you are going to be limiting the rake of the sites which limits their profits which means lower price pools and less money in the prize pools in general. and the sharks will still win their fair share.

instead of complaining just play the SINGLE ENTRY GPPs. They are there for a reason and I take full advantage of them.

EDIT: also its hilarious when people come on here and say they could easily make money entering 150 lineups. its much harder making 150 lineups profitable than it is to make 1. So a bit of advice if you aren’t profitable making 1 lineup you wouldn’t be making 150. These guys taking a lower ROI at 150 lineups but increase their buy-ins to make up for it.

Get used to it!!! these limited entry tournaments filled. they’re probably here to stay. Draft kings will use this as an argument of a dfs being a “skill“game.

• zline34

God I love the 20 Max entry. This is going to be great for my bankroll.

• Whacko

I will continue with my belief this so called shootaround week is actually a testbed for DK to get an idea for the upcoming MLB season.
    I would not be surprised if we see cut limits there… and I am willing to bet they will do something just to add more intrigue by messing again with roster construction rules..
    I fear they will tweak something nobody seen coming….
    The Skill narrative will be tweaked to appease politicians…

• jokerswild22

20 entry max is officially my favorite contest. Let is stay.

• windchimesrrude

2013 PFBC Qualifer

• 2013 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

Would lower limits such as this make multi-accounting and team play more of a problem?

• makeitra1n

@windchimesrrude said...

Would lower limits such as this make multi-accounting and team play more of a problem?

Have you seen mazwa or ragingphillip???have they taken the last few nights off or is the lack of 300 lineups hurting them?

• mccoolio

I think lowering the entry limits was a phenomenal idea.

• boohaa

@windchimesrrude said...

Maybe, but now they need to open 30 accounts to go 600 deep instead of just 4.

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #69

RG Tiered Ranking

To clarify I am not a max entry player but I do prefer 40-50 entries

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).