NBA FORUM

Comments

• bmarksespn1

Did I miss something? I went about 2 months without playing dfs. I’ve been back for a couple of days now and everything was as I remembered it. But as I looked over the nba slate for tomorrow (2/28/17), I noticed that the max entries on DK has changed for low stakes($4 nba 300k four point play) usually it’s 150 entry max, but now it’s showing 20, same for $3 gpps on the turbo and late slates. I’ve looked everywhere for more info this with no luck. It didn’t change for NHL or PGA. Anyone have info this?

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@windchimesrrude said...

Would lower limits such as this make multi-accounting and team play more of a problem?

Presumably could make it more prevalent, but at the same time less of a problem, given how many fewer entries such activities are able to cover.

Overall, I’ve been in the camp that 150 is too high a max, but 20 is a bit on the low side. 50-100 seems right to me.

And I much prefer a flatter payout structure at the top, given how truly random it can be for teams finishing between 1-10. All those entrants had great lineups, and a rebound or assist (NBA), or shot or block (NHL), or single reception (NFL), or one run (MLB), just shouldn’t be the difference in tens of thousands of dollars. I’m down for 2nd place being 75% of 1st, and 10th always 10%, or more, of 1st.

• PigskinaBlanket

RG Overall Ranking

• x3

2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Its different per contest. 130 max entry in the $20

• billholler

@NickDG23 said...

Get used to it!!! these limited entry tournaments filled. they’re probably here to stay. Draft kings will use this as an argument of a dfs being a “skill“game.

Simple math again for those that don’t math too gooder…..60,000 LESS ENTRIES in the 4 point is almost $200,000 in prize fund after rake that is being removed. If you are only entering 5 lineups each night just like you always have, you are risking the same amount of money as you were last week in an effort to win LESS money.

• crazypaul

@billholler said...

If you are only entering 5 lineups each night just like you always have, you are risking the same amount of money as you were last week in an effort to win LESS money.

With a higher percentage to win

• billholler

@crazypaul said...

With a higher percentage to win

If your lineups are good, you are going to win less money. If your lineups are garbage, your losses will be the same.

• NESBears120

I love the idea, heck I wouldn’t care if every tourney was single entry

• billholler

@NESBears120 said...

I love the idea, heck I wouldn’t care if every tourney was single entry

Single entry tourneys on DK have a hard time filling with 2500 entries with the exception of the $1 tourneys. Single entry only tournaments would guarantee the death of DFS.

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #75

RG Tiered Ranking

I feel 50-75 would be a nice middle ground for all

• wahoolady

Relieved to find a lower limit in contests with the cheapest entry fees. Some of us need to rebuild a bankroll that has diminished since mass entry became the norm. I also like seeing variance so players who enter 50,100, and more contests are able to continue doing that.

Doing much better now with the considerably less max entry per person.. cash lines seem to be dropping too. I like it… as a guy who likes to play 3-5 $4 and usually 20, .25c GPPs.

• ttucowboy84

I think this a great move by DK. Reducing max entry from 150 to 20 definitely levels the playing field. I also think DK made this to encourage mega model folks and pros with huge bankroll to enter higher entry fee GPPs where the 150 max entry is still in play (i.e. $20 gpp). Of course, they can still enter the $4, but they aren’t going to be as effective with 20 bullets instead of 150 (which subsequently levels the playing field for the rest of us). Props to DK for listening to the majority of their customer base. As someone who can count on one hand the number of times I’ve entered 10+ entries in one contest, I hope the 20 max entry experiment becomes permanent.

• crazypaul

@ttucowboy84 said...

I also think DK made this to encourage mega model folks and pros with huge bankroll to enter higher entry fee GPPs where the 150 max entry is still in play (i.e. $20 gpp).

This is probably the exact reason they did it.

Low volume players are more likely to increase their daily spend if they can max enter at 20 rather than enter only 5 lineups knowing they cant max enter at 150. The “pros” with bigger bankrolls are still going to max enter this, as well as the $20 contests and DK knows they will move their remaining daily spend to other contests rather than enter less because they need to enter a lot to remain profitable.

Over all this does not hurt the pros, helps the smaller bankroll guys, and makes the $4 GPP more fun for all.

• billholler

@crazypaul said...

Low volume players are more likely to increase their daily spend if they can max enter at 20 rather than enter only 5 lineups knowing they cant max enter at 150. The “pros” with bigger bankrolls are still going to max enter this, as well as the $20 contests and DK knows they will move their remaining daily spend to other contests rather than enter less because they need to enter a lot to remain profitable.

You seriously think a player that spends $4-20 a day is suddenly going to spend $80 just…well….just because that’s all the bigger bank rolls can spend? The 4 pointer has been reduced by 40%. To continue with these 20 entry limits means they have to reduce the total number of entries by 40% across the board. Then we will be left with a DK that looks identical to Yahoo.

• ocdobv

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

@866 said...

Doing much better now with the considerably less max entry per person.. cash lines seem to be dropping too. I like it… as a guy who likes to play 3-5 $4 and usually 20, .25c GPPs.

Cash lines are dropping because the last few nights have been low scoring. Despite what you are imagining from this tiny 4 night sample, there hasn’t been that much difference in cash lines between the $4 and $20 gpps.

Monday: $4 paid 25% with cash line of 249. $40 paid 25% with cash line of 252.25.
    Tuesday: $4 paid 28% with cash line 265.75. $20 paid 24% with cash line 269.75
    Wednesday: $4 paid 27% with cash line of 239.50. $20 paid 24% with cash line of 251.50
    Thursday: $4 paid 28% with cash line of 252. $20 paid 28% with cash line 258.

These differences aren’t that different than the differences with 150 cap in the under $5s.
    Saturday 2/25: $4 paid 28% with a cash line of 292.50. $40 paid 27% with a cash line of 299.
    Friday 2/24: $4 paid 27% with a cash line of 272.75. $40 paid 24% with a cash line of 281.75

In my opinion, all this does is eliminate 1 excuse that some have. Is that enough to make it an overall positive change? I don’t think so, but maybe the sites have more info and different objectives. Good players should be able to adapt either way.

• joonyari22

• Blogger of the Month

@crazypaul said...

This is probably the exact reason they did it.

Over all this does not hurt the pros, helps the smaller bankroll guys, and makes the $4 GPP more fun for all.

• KindGuy

@ocdobv said...

Cash lines are dropping because the last few nights have been low scoring. Despite what you are imagining from this tiny 4 night sample, there hasn’t been that much difference in cash lines between the $4 and $20 gpps.

Monday: $4 paid 25% with cash line of 249. $40 paid 25% with cash line of 252.25.
    Tuesday: $4 paid 28% with cash line 265.75. $20 paid 24% with cash line 269.75
    Wednesday: $4 paid 27% with cash line of 239.50. $20 paid 24% with cash line of 251.50
    Thursday: $4 paid 28% with cash line of 252. $20 paid 28% with cash line 258.

I’d say an average difference of 6.3125 points is pretty significant. Not sure how it compares to the usual differences though…

• jdelsas

Loving the 20 max rule so far for the $4 tournament. Prize pools are still pretty nice for the big GPP and it levels the playing field for people who don’t want to max out at 150 lineups every night. And, the fact it’s still filling about 30 min before lock on some nights, it shows there is a good demand for this type of structure.

• billholler

@jdelsas said...

And, the fact it’s still filling about 30 min before lock on some nights, it shows there is a good demand for this type of structure.

We already had this discussion. It filled 8 minutes before lock Wednesday and 25 minutes yesterday. That is with 60,000 LESS entries.

• jjwd

This thread proves that the change was made for partially psychological reasons. If you think 150 entries gives you a big edge in a 92.6k entry tournament… LOL. But perception is reality. A lot of guys think that the playing field is now leveled. I’m not a math wiz but your odds of binking that tournament are probably the same as before. Odds of cashing in it are probably similar as well.

• zline34

@jjwd said...

This thread proves that the change was made for partially psychological reasons. If you think 150 entries gives you a big edge in a 92.6k entry tournament… LOL. But perception is reality. A lot of guys think that the playing field is now leveled. I’m not a math wiz but your odds of binking that tournament are probably the same as before. Odds of cashing in it are probably similar as well.

Just no. I haven’t seen one top name in any 20 max the last few days. You would always see at least a couple in the top 20 people. This is a new game now. 150 lineups is a huge edge if you’re a decent player. You will rarely see a top name take down the $4 tournament now. I guarantee it.

• billholler

@zline34 said...

Just no. I haven’t seen one top name in any 20 max the last few days. You would always see at least a couple in the top 20 people. This is a new game now. 150 lineups is a huge edge if you’re a decent player. You will rarely see a top name take down the $4 tournament now. I guarantee it.

That’s just foolish. Hadn’t seen any “top player” take down the 4 point all season. You are just singling out the last 3 days because it fits your argument. Since I actually follow them, I can assure you that more 4 pointers have been taken down this season by guys with 20 or less entries than by max entry players. Now with the 20 entry max, there is just less money because of a significantly lower number of entries.

P.S. Please don’t give me the MiniLeap from Monday night as an example. I know the winner had 150 entries and won 100k

• jjwd

@zline34 said...

This is a new game now. 150 lineups is a huge edge if you’re a decent player. You will rarely see a top name take down the $4 tournament now. I guarantee it.

150 entries in a 92.6k entry tournament is 0.16% of the total entries. You’re also talking about a 4 day sample. Your confident sentiments (without any factual backing) prove my previous point.

• billholler

@jjwd said...

150 entries in a 92.6k entry tournament is 0.16% of the total entries. You’re also talking about a 4 day sample. Your confident sentiments (without any factual backing) prove my previous point.

Although I think we are arguing the same point, the typical week day 4 pointer has 146k entries.

• jjwd

@billholler said...

Although I think we are arguing the same point, the typical week day 4 pointer has 146k entries.

Ha ha! 146k, that’s insane. Precisely the reason I don’t play that tournament, even though I can afford to max enter. All these guys who think max entry is magic, take out a 600 dollar loan and get rich fellas! Easy peasy.

• zline34

@jjwd said...

Ha ha! 146k, that’s insane. Precisely the reason I don’t play that tournament, even though I can afford to max enter. All these guys who think max entry is magic, take out a 600 dollar loan and get rich fellas! Easy peasy.

I’m talking about the top players max entering. Nobody else. you’re acting like the 146k people have the same chance at winning. 70% are fish.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).