NBA FORUM

Comments

• bmarksespn1

Did I miss something? I went about 2 months without playing dfs. I’ve been back for a couple of days now and everything was as I remembered it. But as I looked over the nba slate for tomorrow (2/28/17), I noticed that the max entries on DK has changed for low stakes($4 nba 300k four point play) usually it’s 150 entry max, but now it’s showing 20, same for $3 gpps on the turbo and late slates. I’ve looked everywhere for more info this with no luck. It didn’t change for NHL or PGA. Anyone have info this?

• billholler

@zline34 said...

I’m talking about the top players max entering. Nobody else. you’re acting like the 146k people have the same chance at winning. 70% are fish.

I think you’re missing the point. DK is pulling a significant amount of money out of the 4 point and their own pockets by drastically reducing the total number of entries while the tournament itself is barely filling in time. The typical week day 4 point that has for the most part paid 50k for 1st this season is usually filled about 2 hours before first tip off and that is with a much larger total number of entries. Taking free income out of an already struggling industry is just asking for death.

• pickles

@zline34 said...

I’m talking about the top players max entering. Nobody else. you’re acting like the 146k people have the same chance at winning. 70% are fish.

Again, just because you dont see “big names” doesnt mean the tournament has gotten any easier win…because it absolutely hasnt. The scores needed to place high and/or win it likely wont change at all.

• BRORANNOSAURUS_FLEX

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #9

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x4

2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

So I’ve max entered the four point play pretty much all season and after playing 20 entries all this week I have to say… I like it. 150 lineups are an absolute pain to manage during NBA, and this has allowed me to build better lineups and react to late breaking news much quicker.

• ocdobv

@elementasrat said...

I’d say an average difference of 6.3125 points is pretty significant. Not sure how it compares to the usual differences though…

It’s usually like that. and I listed 2 prior days with 150 caps where the difference was 6.5 and 9.0.

• ocdobv

@BRORANNOSAURUS_FLEX said...

So I’ve max entered the four point play pretty much all season and after playing 20 entries all this week I have to say… I like it. 150 lineups are an absolute pain to manage during NBA, and this has allowed me to build better lineups and react to late breaking news much quicker.

It’s not a requirement to enter the max. You could have been building 20 lineups each night.

• crazypaul

@ocdobv said...

It’s not a requirement to enter the max. You could have been building 20 lineups each night.

You’re right, but now by entering 20, he’s still on the same level playing field

• jjwd

@crazypaul said...

You’re right, but now by entering 20, he’s still on the same level playing field

Someone give us a definition of “level playing field”.

• BRORANNOSAURUS_FLEX

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #9

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x4

2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@ocdobv said...

Of course I could have been playing 20 lineups a night, but I wasn’t. That’s the point, and I probably never would have. I’ve been successfully playing 150. Why would I have switched?

I could sit here and complain about the change (which probably isn’t even permanent) but instead I’m sharing my experience and results.

• quake211

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

@jjwd said...

Someone give us a definition of “level playing field”.

I think we can all agree that guys who max enter are experienced players who are more skilled than others. So lets say on a given night, there are hypothetically 500 guys who max enter the $4. For all the new/casual players, you’re facing 75,000 entries from the top “sharks” with 150 entries each. And you can be sure those guys are eating up a HUGE % of the prize pool.
    With 20 max instead of 150, the new/casual players are only facing 10,000 lineups from the sharks and a much smaller % of the prize pool is going to those MME guys. This is a much more “level playing field” in my opinion.

• jjwd

@quake211 said...

So lets say on a given night, there are hypothetically 500 guys who max enter the $4. For all the new/casual players, you’re facing 75,000 entries from the top “sharks” with 150 entries each.

If that’s true, then 81% of the entries in the tournament tonight are max entry “sharks”… you might want to rethink those numbers. I’m not trying to be a jerk in this thread, just pointing out that people generally overestimate the effect of mass entry, especially in huge tournaments. It leads to unfounded resentment and knee jerk assertions, which is bad for DFS imo.

• billholler

I have never seen a non-NFL tournament for $3-4 with even 100 guys that max entered, let alone 500 of them.

• kroto

ok chill guys party is over, tomorrow is 150 max lol

• billholler

@kroto said...

That’s BS!! I’m not playing ;)

• KindGuy

The only reason people are mad about DK limiting max entries is because they want the ability to enter 150 lineups knowing that others (mostly lower skilled fish) won’t. I don’t believe that being able to enter more lineups makes it much easier to win a GPP. However I do believe that sharks max entering helps to further magnify the gap. Isn’t that what the goal of multi entry is in the first place? To multiply your already positive ROI?

• TNYooper

Thought it might have only been part of that weekly promotion they were doing. I’d rather it be 150. I know it gives the person doing 150 a slightly better chance of winning the big prize, but I’d also guess that it increases the number of dud submissions. More overall submissions also equals to higher grand prizes.

• quake211

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

@jjwd said...

If that’s true, then 81% of the entries in the tournament tonight are max entry “sharks”… you might want to rethink those numbers. I’m not trying to be a jerk in this thread, just pointing out that people generally overestimate the effect of mass entry, especially in huge tournaments. It leads to unfounded resentment and knee jerk assertions, which is bad for DFS imo.

Don’t get me wrong this was strictly a wild guess with the larger $400K-$500K tournaments in mind, hence the “hypothetical”. I’d be really curious to know what the numbers in the past have looked like, but can’t find the data on past results anywhere.
    Looking at the $20 tournament tonight there are 55 people who max entered, so 8,250 out of 28,900 entries are coming from those guys. We’ll see what the #‘s look like in tomorrows $4..

• makeitra1n

You know what I would love?variety.say you want to max the 4 for 600.you should be able to.say you can’t blow 600 but 150 is possible you should be able to as well,like previous years big $1 gpps.or say you want a 20 entry max contest or a 50,there should be an avenue for it.we have 3 entry max contests and 5 entry max for the rebound on fd so there’s no excuse for the sites.

But who cares about all that we all know the sites only care about making money and nothing else

• deejones49

@kroto said...

I guess it is time to withdraw lol

• truredman

• Hogwired

the 20-max $4 was great…but back to catering to the big bankrolls

• rannas23

I’m with makeitra1n…..why can’t they just simply provide both types or more variety types of entering these big contests. Would they not fill if there were multiple different types? Some for the 20 max, some with the 150 max, some with 50 or 75 max, some with 100 max. It seems like during football season there are so many options. Surely they can find a middle ground to 3 entry max’s to 150 max and give more people more options. I do think 2 slate games should be split into 2 contests and not such a big field. I know it would lower the top prize but more times than not those top prizes have to share 3 to 4 ways in the big contests size.

• quake211

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

113 people max entered (150 lu’s) in the $4 tonight

• billholler

@quake211 said...

113 people max entered (150 lu’s) in the $4 tonight

Winning LU had 6 entries. 2nd place had 2 entries. Hate seeing those max entry guys taking down everything.

• zline34

@billholler said...

Winning LU had 6 entries. 2nd place had 2 entries. Hate seeing those max entry guys taking down everything.

You don’t get it.

• billholler

@zline34 said...

You don’t get it.

Nope, my best LU didn’t finish in the top 5000.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.