STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

  • MrKautz

    If you’re doing 150 mme gpps for NFL. In the most smashiest spot ever, what’s the highest max exposure you would go on a player? I’ve been battling with this idea in my head over the course of this NFL season so far, and I feel I’m being a little gun shy on going over 50% exposure on guys I really like.

  • britdevine

    • 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

    All depends on your risk tolerance. I don’t think there is a wrong answer to this question.

  • superjon

    Yep, it all comes down to risk tolerance. For me, 150 line ups should be about diversification.

    Cast a wide net. Eliminate players that you know have no shot of being in the winning LU (low floor/low ceiling).

    Create a core of maybe 10 or 15 players, and set their max exposures between 20 and 40 percent.

  • Njsum1

    @britdevine said...

    All depends on your risk tolerance. I don’t think there is a wrong answer to this question.

    Of course this is true. You can go 100% on a player, if you don’t mind losing literally ALL or almost all of the money you have in play on a given Sunday. Such a play can also win you a ton of money.

    However, I do think there is sort of a right answer here (not an absolute right answer), for someone with a MODERATE to HIGH risk tolerance, and I would say it’s 45% for a pass catcher, and maybe 65% for a pass catching 3 down running back.

    A pass catcher can simply get a bad game script, maybe sees extra coverage, and the QB decides to hit the open guy instead of forcing it in, and he’s toast. I’d say that would happen roughly 50% of the time. Then take off 5% for the chance he gets injured. That’s how I got 45%.

    For a pass catching 3 down back game flow/script really isn’t a problem, yet he could just get shut down, or the offense is just having trouble moving the ball. I’d say that could happen in a smash spot around 25% of the time, then take 10% off for injury. That’s how I got to 65%. Not exactly scientific, yet solid enough.

    Disclaimer…I don’t make 150 lineups. Yet these are the percentages I’ll use for 20

  • X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).