NFL FORUM

Comments

• jkidd1084

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

Curious where these went. They were up right away last week and filled pretty quickly. Wanted to make sure I got in before they fill up. They ran a few on THU slate, but it’s Wed and there’s nothing listed . Am I blind or is there an issue with the event?

• db730

RotoGrinders Media Director

RG Overall Ranking

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

Good question. Didn’t see any posted for Sunday main and I’m doubtful they would have filled.

• jkidd1084

@db730 said...

Good question. Didn’t see any posted for Sunday main and I’m doubtful they would have filled.

The 300/500 filled way quicker than I expected last week. Even the 5 was filled by Wednesday I believe. Because of that, I’ve been checking very frequently to make sure I don’t miss them, and I haven’t seen them.

• jstevens2k11

I posted on the NFL Week 3 topic about this too, no response tho. Bc of how quickly they filled Ive been looking since Sun/Mon and havent seen anything. They actually took away the Promo Ad/picture at the top of the main FD page too. Strange..

• jstevens2k11

Live FD support chat..

Johnny: Thanks for reaching out. Please give me one moment to review your request and account.
    Me: I haven’t seen any Playboy Mansion Live Final contests be posted yet for this week. Did this promo stop, or if not, when will these contests be posted? Thank you!
    Johnny: Here is the link to the promotions page: https://www.fanduel.com/playboy-football
    Johnny: On the landing page you will find the qualifiers
    Me: Correct. When you go to that page, and click any of the qualifiers, they state “This contest has started”….all of them are last weeks qualifiers
    Johnny: Thank you for pointing that out, as the page typical states when we end qualifiers. One moment
    Johnny: There are no more qualifiers at this. If our team elects to create more, they will post them on the promotions page

• jkidd1084

@jstevens2k11 said...

Live FD support chat..

Johnny: Thanks for reaching out. Please give me one moment to review your request and account.
    Me: I haven’t seen any Playboy Mansion Live Final contests be posted yet for this week. Did this promo stop, or if not, when will these contests be posted? Thank you!
    Johnny: Here is the link to the promotions page: https://www.fanduel.com/playboy-football
    Johnny: On the landing page you will find the qualifiers
    Me: Correct. When you go to that page, and click any of the qualifiers, they state “This contest has started”….all of them are last weeks qualifiers
    Johnny: Thank you for pointing that out, as the page typical states when we end qualifiers. One moment
    Johnny: There are no more qualifiers at this. If our team elects to create more, they will post them on the promotions page

Nice customer service. Very aware of their product and offerings… so pathetic ha

• zpruitt3

Very disappointed in Fanduel overall in Q3 2016

• Scott121422

Knows the College Sportz

• Blogger of the Month

They had one for Thursday’s games to last week. DK finals pages are so much better than FD. I like how you can look at the contest on DK.

• tristanwolf

So now they’re moving it from the mansion. FD is really going down the shitter past 2 months.

• jkidd1084

@tristanwolf said...

So now they’re moving it from the mansion. FD is really going down the shitter past 2 months.

where did you hear that? really disappointing… glad I (unsuccessfully) threw 4 figures into contests week 1 for something that doesn’t even exist..

• noddy

@tristanwolf said...

I’m pretty sure they can’t do anything about this.

• jkidd1084

Just saw the email from them now… I’m pretty disgusted.

I normally just play the smaller buyin Q’s on each site. Having been to the mansion a few times for these events, I was super excited to see that they were hosting another. I deposited and fired upwards of 80 lineups, including the $500 and $300 buyin. I don’t expect anything back, but I feel very wronged having been coaxed into a deposit I wouldn’t have made otherwise and entries I wouldn’t have played had it been a winner take all for just 15k or for a smaller live final that is not hosted at the mansion.

Blah..

• scottmsteiner

@jkidd1084 said...

Just saw the email from them now… I’m pretty disgusted.

Seriously? You’re upset about not going to the mansion although they are still planning an upscale event? #firstworldproblems

• jkidd1084

@scottmsteiner said...

Seriously? You’re upset about not going to the mansion although they are still planning an upscale event? #firstworldproblems

It’s the novelty of it. I can go to an upscale event any time. I can’t go the mansion whenever I want. It’s a bait and switch and pretty blatant false advertising.

If you were a huge Aston Martin fan and put 4 figures into a drawing to win it, and then after you put the money up (and paid rake to the exact person bait and switching you), you were told that the car would be a Porsche instead, wouldn’t that bother you a little bit? I don’t want a Porsche. I wasn’t entering the drawing in the first place if the prize was a Porsche. I was seeking, specifically, my dream car.

I fired a ton because I desired to go to the Playboy Mansion, not because I desired to simply go to a live final.

..A company with a billion dollar valuation is pulling a bait and switch / blatantly false advertising. Personally, I think that’s an issue.

• scottmsteiner

@jkidd1084 said...

It’s the novelty of it. I can go to an upscale event any time. I can’t go the mansion whenever I want. It’s a bait and switch and pretty blatant false advertising.

Really? Shit happens. It’s not a bait and switch. The new owners of the Playboy Mansion don’t want the event. THEY left FanDuel high and dry…now they are trying to make good by providing an event at another location. If you don’t like that then don’t enter anymore qualifiers.

• jkidd1084

@scottmsteiner said...

Really? Shit happens. It’s not a bait and switch. The new owners of the Playboy Mansion don’t want the event. THEY left FanDuel high and dry…now they are trying to make good by providing an event at another location. If you don’t like that then don’t enter anymore qualifiers.

As such a big company, you would think they would do due diligence and get those details ironed out before they start advertising the event. The sale of the mansion happened many months ago. Looks to me like they were making assumptions, and, clearly advertised an event with NOTHING in writing. Step one should be getting a contract with the mansion in writing. Step one should not be advertising a non-existent event and accepting thousands in rake for it.

Don’t know why I’m arguing with a blatant troll.

• dpadilla

I agree that fanduel didn’t do this on purpose, but there’s no excuse to advertise an event that they hadn’t finalized yet. And changing the location of the event completely changes the event.

• scottmsteiner

@jkidd1084 said...

Don’t know why I’m arguing with a blatant troll.

You’re not arguing with a troll, you are arguing with a human being.

Neither you or I work for FD, so neither you or I have information in relation to the contract that FanDuel has with the Playboy Mansion. Yet you are quick to assume that FanDuel is to blame. I know I’m going out on a limb here…because everyone likes to blame the sites…maybe FanDuel got the raw end of the deal and wasn’t notified of an issue until after the contest was announced. I know, shame on FanDuel, they should have known better.

• CP1

• x2

2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

I agree with this. When you win a q a portion of what you “win” is the trip package. At least for me the trip package holds weight as far as how likely I am to enter a contest. In my opinion the only reason that this live final even exists (when there is a separate live final also in LA) is the draw of the mansion. I also entered the 500 q last week and feel like I entered something that I otherwise wouldn’t have entered which is frustrating.

• crazypaul

@scottmsteiner said...

Many people, including myself, choose to enter the Playboy Qualifers not only for a shot at a decent payday, but the allure of visiting one of the most historic pop-culture venue’s that is not otherwise available to visit.

I completely understand that this may not be Fanduel’s fault, however some of the blame needs to be placed on them for promoting an event and accepting funds towards it when a contract for the venue had not been signed.

• jstevens2k11

Its a lose/lose situation for FD but saying they aren’t to blame isn’t correct either. They promoted a game where we as players/consumers paid money to try and win, and the top prize might not have been actually winnable (i doubt ill never know for sure, so this is just an assumption). It wouldn’t surprise me if somewhere in the fine print of the game/site it says they are allowed to do this, whether you agree or not (again, assumptions..)

• jkidd1084

@crazypaul said...

Link

Qu

This.

I emailed them outlining exactly why I was displeased. Their response, as if they didn’t even read a word of what I said, was essentially a copy & paste of the generic email they already sent everybody.

I asked them to take a look here and post a response to our concerns. Just disgusted with them as a whole.

• jkidd1084

Deleted post .. just realized they left everything worded identically, but removed the word mansion from it. It’s simply the “Playboy” party now at an unknown venue.

• tristanwolf

the revised ad on FD is still dumb. any casual player who reads it is still gonna think it’s at the mansion.

• dpadilla

Does anybody have the links for the Q’s that ran before they changed the venue? I’m trying to get an idea of how many ran and how much revenue they generated. Thanks

• jkidd1084

@dpadilla said...

Does anybody have the links for the Q’s that ran before they changed the venue? I’m trying to get an idea of how many ran and how much revenue they generated. Thanks

I don’t have links, but I’m pretty sure they ran a $5, $25 and $300 on the Thursday slate, a $5 $25 and $500 on the Sunday slate, and a $12 Sun/Mon one. Believe there were 7 winners last week.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler