• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

12:08 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 118 ) at Atlanta ( -131 ) —- T: 7.5
    2:08 PM EST : Miami ( 170 ) at Chi Cubs ( -190 ) —- T: —
    3:10 PM EST : Chi White Sox ( 0 ) at Oakland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:08 PM EST : St. Louis ( 144 ) at San Diego ( -160 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:08 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 0 ) at LA Dodgers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• truegrinder

Helpppppp. I was awful yesterday. Bauer straight killed it. Tanaka ate one. Bjays went home after game 1. No idea where to start today. Fade Castillo and go back to the Braves? Cubs????

• biga0787

White Sox is where I’m going. Not sure if I want to take darvish or a cheaper guy like anderson

• DraftQueen

Today’s slate has a few mediocre starters, a few rookies and some ex-aces. I like finding two guys for DK that won’t get pulled at the first sign of trouble. The five top priced in DK are the more trusted vets while the bottom five are rookies or inning by inning guys. For a GPP I guess you can pick one of those and hope they cruise thru five, but I just feel like an Anderson or Sixto or Dunning is so risky because they can get pulled in the second inning. Meanwhile, Darvish, Castillo and Woodruff are in an elimination game, so that could tighten their leash a bit.

Kershaw, Wainwright and Davies are the ones I think they’ll leave out there even if they get into trouble. Obviously if they continue to stink that’s not good but the idea is that under normal circumstances they get a few more innings after a bad inning which is 10+ points for these guys. Davies is my favorite with their depleted pen, followed by Wainwright. I’ll likely pair one with Darvish.

I didn’t even include Fiers, he’s unplayable. If you’re looking to save money I’d rather find a $5k reliever like Gomber.

• BigRay

I think I am going to roll with Anderson/Kershaw. Then throw in some LAD/CWS/STL.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Reds gettin’ no respect.

• RatedDAL

I think Castillo gets lit up today. That being said im probably not going with Atlanta bats. That way I can be upset with myself for fading both.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

Who else is nervous of Kershaw’s playoff history?

• RatedDAL

@Pandamonious said...

I’m running a Hiura/Gyorko mini stack so I am.

I really want to see a winner take all game for the Dodgers in the WC against the 8 seed Brewers. Wanna see how tight they get.

• ifthethunder

Yu Darvish and Ian Anderson are in my initial lineup. I’ll have to pick another one or two to spread things out. Also it looks like rain in Chicago, so that’s another concern.
    ~

• biga0787

@Pandamonious said...

I think you have to be. He has been awful in the playoffs in the past. His velocity is down. Not saying he can’t wiggle through. The brewers have been bad.

• feezyg

@DraftQueen said...

Today’s slate has a few mediocre starters, a few rookies and some ex-aces. I like finding two guys for DK that won’t get pulled at the first sign of trouble. The five top priced in DK are the more trusted vets while the bottom five are rookies or inning by inning guys. For a GPP I guess you can pick one of those and hope they cruise thru five, but I just feel like an Anderson or Sixto or Dunning is so risky because they can get pulled in the second inning. Meanwhile, Darvish, Castillo and Woodruff are in an elimination game, so that could tighten their leash a bit.

Kershaw, Wainwright and Davies are the ones I think they’ll leave out there even if they get into trouble. Obviously if they continue to stink that’s not good but the idea is that under normal circumstances they get a few more innings after a bad inning which is 10+ points for these guys. Davies is my favorite with their depleted pen, followed by Wainwright. I’ll likely pair one with Darvish.

I didn’t even include Fiers, he’s unplayable. If you’re looking to save money I’d rather find a $5k reliever like Gomber.

Since I’m the resident Chicago expert, I’ll help you guys out. My White Sox are gonna handle Oak today. You can play Dunning with confidence, i cannot pinpoint the bats except to say Abreu and Tim Andy. I haven’t ran the numbers because at this point do we really have to? Fiers gonna get bombed….

• RatedDAL

I know Oakland used the pen a lot yesterday but do we really expect Oakland to expect Fiers to go 6? I think he gets yanked the first sniff of trouble.

• SteeloCity

Anyone have consistent success with MLB showdowns? What’s the strategy?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@RatedDAL said...

I know Oakland used the pen a lot yesterday but do we really expect Oakland to expect Fiers to go 6? I think he gets yanked the first sniff of trouble.

For what it is worth, Oakland hasn’t even officially announced a starter.

Neither have the Sox for that matter.

Although it’s likely to be Fiers, it’s not like they have better options. He’s probably OK. He’s going to get hurt by the long ball more than anything else. He doesn’t walk a ton of people. He’s unlikely to give up long stringed together innings. So, what I’m saying is he’s unlikely to be in actual “trouble.”

• gunthie176

@RatedDAL said...

they didn’t use their pen a lot yesterday, they just absolutely used up their main guy, Hendricks. rest of the pen should be good to go.

• gunthie176

@SteeloCity said...

Anyone have consistent success with MLB showdowns? What’s the strategy?

i’m never against using a RP that you’re pretty sure is going to pitch an inning. it’ll probably be worth 3-4 points only, but saving $ translates to upgrading from an 8 hole hitter with no power to an extra top of the lineup guy. that will give you a lot of differentiation.

• biga0787

My question is on FanDuel darvish and Kershaw are about 75% of total ownership. Don’t you get a ton of leverage playing an Anderson or someone like that? Darvish probably mows the marlins down in a must win game. How do you get different after that?

• monarch

@gunthie176 said...

i’m never against using a RP that you’re pretty sure is going to pitch an inning. it’ll probably be worth 3-4 points only, but saving $ translates to upgrading from an 8 hole hitter with no power to an extra top of the lineup guy. that will give you a lot of differentiation.

Yesterday it was two relievers and I believe they combined for close to 20 points. Today they priced those guys up outside of Raisel Iglesias for some reason who will probably be at least 20 percent owned.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

OK, now it’s officially Fiers and Dunning.

• monarch

@truegrinder said...

Helpppppp. I was awful yesterday. Bauer straight killed it. Tanaka ate one. Bjays went home after game 1. No idea where to start today. Fade Castillo and go back to the Braves? Cubs????

If we help you will have to forgo your name as the true grinder

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

OK, now it’s officially Fiers and Dunning.

Ump?

I am on Anderson/Darvish unless you can talk me out of it.

• feezyg

@Pandamonious said...

For what it is worth, Oakland hasn’t even officially announced a starter.

Neither have the Sox for that matter.

Although it’s likely to be Fiers, it’s not like they have better options. He’s probably OK. He’s going to get hurt by the long ball more than anything else. He doesn’t walk a ton of people. He’s unlikely to give up long stringed together innings. So, what I’m saying is he’s unlikely to be in actual “trouble.”

Oakland’s lineup may be a dumpster fire, but they actually can out some pretty good pitchers out there. Maneaea and Montas to name a couple, you saw Bassit you know Hendricks. I don’t think they have the guts to pitch Fiers unless they do that opener nonsense and he pitches 3 innings IF he makes it 3.
    If he pitches, he is gonna get rocked or it’s because they won yesterday and are gonna save it all for Game 3.

• monarch

So many absolutes with the stat guru Feezy.

Anyways I think they roll Fiers out and he will probably go five or six and hand it off to the bullpen. Manaea and Montas have more electric stuff but cannot be trusted here. I think Bob Melvin saves them for the ALDS vs Houston

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Ump?

I am on Anderson/Darvish unless you can talk me out of it.

Ted Barrett

Considered a pitchers ump by EV Analytics.

Looks like more of a run suppressor, more than a K booster or anything.

For what it’s worth ALL the umps today are pitcher leaning umps.

• monarch

Will Little 22.2% K rate is nice. 8.57 runs

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.