MLB FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:05 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -175 ) at Atlanta ( 157 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:40 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -142 ) at Houston ( 128 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Nick_Schwam

Everyone gonna have the Dodgers stack 😂

I’ll be playing the showdown instead of full roster.

• superjon

Any idea why FD has Kyle Wright as the only pitcher available? Don’t we know who the other teams are putting on the mound?

• yisman

Man, Altuve is such trash.He finally started hitting, but then he forgot how to throw, so he’s costing them more runs than he’s getting them.

This after he couldn’t hit all season.

• zovyn

@superjon said...

Any idea why FD has Kyle Wright as the only pitcher available? Don’t we know who the other teams are putting on the mound?

It’s not unusual. They’ll add the other pitchers once their source has them as ‘starting’. In the meantime, uncheck the box that says “only show probable pitchers” at the bottom left (above the indicator legend) on your lineup selection page and it’ll give you access to everybody else. Sorry if you know that already. :)

• ifthethunder

Maybe Brusdar Graterol comes in and throws a strikeout or two? Feel free to throw out your punt relief pitcher ideas. Could be the way to win something on this 2 game slate.
    ~

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@ifthethunder said...

Maybe Brusdar Graterol comes in and throws a strikeout or two? Feel free to throw out your punt relief pitcher ideas. Could be the way to win something on this 2 game slate.
    ~

Not exactly groundbreaking, but feeling like the majority of my line ups will be Glasnow/Greinke and different combos of hitters. Feel like both should get 10+ (hopefully). Greinke says his arm is fine, and other than giving Laureano a couple freebies, was fine in his last start. Going relievers would certainly make you different, Not sure it makes a ton of sense here. Rather just save salary with Rios, Pache, or someone from HOU or TB.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

Kyle Wright makes more sense than a reliever. Just going like a step or two further. He’s going to be the lowest owned pitcher on the slate.

What’s the worst that happens? He does have 2 negative starts, which of course is worse than 0, and he’s more expensive than a 4K zero, but he’s more likely to get points and finish at worst, in the 4-8 range, right? Up 2-0, does Atlanta pull him immediately, at the first signs of trouble? Or let him work through it and save their pen a bit? He’s been lucky with the BABIP, but he does have 5 straight quality starts. Even if they’re against lesser offenses than he’ll face tonight. It’s possible, although maybe unlikely that, in this shortened season, that it took him a few starts to get going and he’s “figuring it out” at an optimal time. He’s a legit fairly highly regarded prospect (4th with the Braves, 95th in all of baseball), so him finding success wouldn’t be some major revelation.

• monarch

@ifthethunder said...

~

I like Will Smith in the SD slate

• zovyn

Sooooo… it’s 90 minutes before the main FD slate initially locks and Kyle Wright is still the only listed available pitcher. Makes me wonder how high his ownership % is going to be… :P

• Sleazygreazy

You guys think Belli will be popular on DK? I think last night woke him up and he’s been relatively low-owned last few slates. I’m going 100 percent and am expecting him to score at least 14 DK fpts

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

@Sleazygreazy said...

You guys think Belli will be popular on DK? I think last night woke him up and he’s been relatively low-owned last few slates. I’m going 100 percent and am expecting him to score at least 14 DK fpts

Yes.

All Dodgers, not named Taylor (bottom of the order), Turner (people will go for cheaper Rios), Pederson (PH risk) will easily be 40%+ owned. Some maybe more than 50%. I think. Maybe I’m way off.

• Sleazygreazy

DK baseball format is freaking awesome compared to FD, but it makes me change my mind so much and move things around a lot more than on FD. FD to me is more gambling, pen15 on the table – these are my guys. I love getting cute and DK allows that….I’m off Belli now LOL

• land_of_the_lock

@Sleazygreazy said...

DK baseball format is freaking awesome compared to FD

I just switched over to DK after the recent fanduel debacle. I’ve played here a bit before, mostly nba, but I think I’ll be trying to make it my new home.

Not sure I like having to pick two pitchers, especially on this small of a slate. But, guess I’ll get used to it.

• SkateFiend

@zovyn said...

Sooooo… it’s 90 minutes before the main FD slate initially locks and Kyle Wright is still the only listed available pitcher. Makes me wonder how high his ownership % is going to be… :P

The pitchers will be shown on the mobile app. On desktop you might have to uncheck the “show only probable pitchers” option on the bottom.

• zovyn

@land_of_the_lock said...

I just switched over to DK after the recent fanduel debacle. I’ve played here a bit before, mostly nba, but I think I’ll be trying to make it my new home.

Not sure I like having to pick two pitchers, especially on this small of a slate. But, guess I’ll get used to it.

You won’t have much time to get used to the MLB format, we’re wrapping this sport up here shortly… :P

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

I guess I did overestimate the Dodgers a little bit. Kind of surprised. Seager is at 47, but rest are low 30’s or less. Surprised Rios isn’t higher, not that we absolutely needed discount bats.

• Volkster6

Rout will be on. Wright won’t get out of this inning. Good thing I switched from Urias and Dodgers stack to be less chalky after reading this forum today lol… darn. Sucks when your pitcher is -5 and already facing the 7th batter in the 1st inning with 18 pitches. Zero chance to win

• SkateFiend

FD scoring is still broken.

• Volkster6

Sorry.. I was way off. Points are way worse lol

• RatedDAL

Glad Joc got me those points before he gets lifted. Also glad I wasn’t swayed by Pandas solid Wright logic.

• Volkster6

Wow. This could not have been a better start (and worse start for me) than any Dodgers could have predicted. My guess is they’ll win the series now for sure.

• zovyn

My 2-6-7-8 – Seager-Belli-Pedo-Rios stack is doing pretty well after 1 inning, I see… :)

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

@Volkster6 said...

Rout will be on. Wright won’t get out of this inning. Good thing I switched from Urias and Dodgers stack to be less chalky after reading this forum today lol… darn. Sucks when your pitcher is -5 and already facing the 7th batter in the 1st inning with 18 pitches. Zero chance to win

Did I talk you into Wright shares, like I talked myself into them?!

• Volkster6

@Pandamonious said...

Kyle Wright makes more sense than a reliever. Just going like a step or two further. He’s going to be the lowest owned pitcher on the slate.

What’s the worst that happens? He does have 2 negative starts, which of course is worse than 0, and he’s more expensive than a 4K zero, but he’s more likely to get points and finish at worst, in the 4-8 range, right? Up 2-0, does Atlanta pull him immediately, at the first signs of trouble? Or let him work through it and save their pen a bit? He’s been lucky with the BABIP, but he does have 5 straight quality starts. Even if they’re against lesser offenses than he’ll face tonight. It’s possible, although maybe unlikely that, in this shortened season, that it took him a few starts to get going and he’s “figuring it out” at an optimal time. He’s a legit fairly highly regarded prospect (4th with the Braves, 95th in all of baseball), so him finding success wouldn’t be some major revelation.

So far the worse is -14.70, and he was pulled in the first inning after facing the entire order. Lol – sorry Panda, I’m not ragging – I’m crying

• sneaksox

Glad I took the under on Wright K’s/innings…wow

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.