Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Thursday, 10/15
    8:08 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -235 ) at Atlanta ( 195 ) —- T: 9.5

Friday, 10/16
    6:07 PM EST : Houston ( 115 ) at Tampa Bay ( -135 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• zovyn

Played Choi and Ozuna every night until tonight. Oops. Going to start focusing on my LOL lineup tweaks. :)

• BiGtIGeRs

@zovyn said...

Played Choi and Ozuna every night until tonight. Oops. Going to start focusing on my LOL lineup tweaks. :)

• zovyn

Team Suning for the upset win over JDGaming tomorrow – you heard it here first! :)

• SkateFiend

Dave Roberts says Dustin May will start the next game.

• yisman

I scored 31.15 on DK classic

smh, like a bad joke

DFL

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/94387179?uc=2289176707

Kershaw with a Dodgers stack

for HOU showdown, captain Bregman so I didn’t cash in double ups

For LA showdown, captain Kershaw and no Wilson so I didn’t cash

disgusting

and this filled somehow with 2/8 and 25 seconds remaining https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/94426496?uc=2289400324

• scorer79

@yisman said...

I scored 31.15 on DK classic

smh, like a bad joke

DFL

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/94387179?uc=2289176707

Kershaw with a Dodgers stack

for HOU showdown, captain Bregman so I didn’t cash in double ups

For LA showdown, captain Kershaw and no Wilson so I didn’t cash

disgusting

and this filled somehow with 2/8 and 25 seconds remaining https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/94426496?uc=2289400324

I only cashed my nickel lineup on FD used to see if I could fit Kershaw. The rest of my $1 and $2 SD and main entries missed.

• zovyn

@zovyn said...

Team Suning for the upset win over JDGaming tomorrow – you heard it here first! :)

Ayup.

• yisman

@scorer79 said...

I only cashed my nickel lineup on FD used to see if I could fit Kershaw. The rest of my $1 and $2 SD and main entries missed.

everything was full on FD except the nickel so I did two lineups in there. Didn’t cash either of those.

• Volkster6

Tomlin is supposed to go through the lineup twice no matter the pitch count, runs etc at least. O’Day then apparently comes in. Braves likely want to save the arms given their series lead. I’d stick with Tomlin only.

May will likely go as long as he can as long as he is doing well. Bullpen is dead and Roberts knows this. Granted if May gets blown up it only helps LUs that have likely already played Snell/Valdez or one of them at least so moving off May even though he hasn’t pitched more than 2 innings lately for someone like Gonsolin doesn’t make sense.

Snell or Valdez will either both pitch 6/7 innings if going well, or get pulled early if blown up given the way that series has gone. Both however deployed a bullpen game yesterday so both should be safe there.

Lately LUs have mixed the games together with lots of 4-3-1 or 5-1-1-1 or 3-2-1-1-1 builds searching for the home run. I think 5-3 and 4-4 stacks make the most sense tonight in any MME setting for leverage. Most players play not to lose instead of trying to win, so stacking a team in a 2 game slate is still shied away from more often in smaller slates.

Thoughts?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Volkster6 said...

Thoughts?

I’m just about to start really looking at the slate, but this makes sense. Just hard to predict runs. I’ve had a lot of success with typical 5-3 and 4-4 stacks in the playoffs, up until the last couple slates. Maybe just not having the right combo, but lately it seems more like individual success is getting magnified, and if you miss a HR, you’re in trouble.

Once I actually look at over closer, I’ll give a more detailed response.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

Everything about Snell is making me nervous.

Sample size. Options. Those types of things, put him firmly in play of course.

The numbers though are a little worrisome, despite a decent start in game 1.

We’re looking at a career 4.73 ERA against the Astros, with a solid, but below his level 8.6 K/9.

A career 4.07 ERA and 10 K/9 in open air stadiums vs. 2.55 ERA in domes with a 10.9 K/9

In 11 starts with Perez behind the plate he has a 2.38 ERA, but in 13 starts with Zunino it’s up to a 4.53 ERA.

So, he’s worse than average in everything going up against him. He is slightly better in day games, which this will be with the game in SD, but the difference is mostly negligible.

IF, Snell is going to be the highest owned pitcher on the slate, I don’t mind being underweight here, and going higher on Astros stacks. Chances are even with an OK performance though, Snell is in winning line ups, as really the only thing stopping him is Dustin May or a shocking performance from Tomlin.

• SteeloCity

@Pandamonious said...

We’re looking at a career 4.73 ERA against the Astros, with a solid, but below his level 8.6 K/9.

A career 4.07 ERA and 10 K/9 in open air stadiums vs. 2.55 ERA in domes with a 10.9 K/9

In 11 starts with Perez behind the plate he has a 2.38 ERA, but in 13 starts with Zunino it’s up to a 4.53 ERA.

So, he’s worse than average in everything going up against him. He is slightly better in day games, which this will be with the game in SD, but the difference is mostly negligible.

IF, Snell is going to be the highest owned pitcher on the slate, I don’t mind being underweight here, and going higher on Astros stacks. Chances are even with an OK performance though, Snell is in winning line ups, as really the only thing stopping him is Dustin May or a shocking performance from Tomlin.

You don’t think Valdez is in the winning LU then?

• Volkster6

I played 20 LUs today to work on my MME. I have a spread of 5 LUs for each pitcher, mixing and matching all them together with a 5-3 or 4-4 stack.

I did not home run hunt today because I feel as though that’s what the majority of the field will be doing today. Word is that the shadows in SD will affect the hitters, but if they can connect the ball will launch.

In Texas, if the roof is open it’s actually a detriment to the hitters.

Both per Roth which I trust to be accurate.

• emnj69

@Pandamonious said...

what should make you VERY nervous about snell is I played him in my one and only line up and in the playoffs in mlb I never get anything correct lol

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

Valdez only has a .131 ISO allowed to RHB’s, but does have 40.9% HC allowed. The GB rate is an absurd 64.4% to RHB’s too.

Brosseau has a .385 ISO and only 35.7% GB rate against LHP
    Renfroe has a .380 ISO and 33.3% GB rate against LHP
    Zunino has a .273 ISO and 27.3% GB rate against LHP

All 3 look like solid one-offs, with Renfroe being most likely to get PH for though.

Obviously Arozarena has been insane so far and does have a .529 ISO against LHP, and a HR against Valdez, he does have a 50% GB rate, so that isn’t in his favor. Adams has a .236 ISO against RHP, but also a high 53.6% GB rate.

Last mention is Lowe who finally broke through a bit last night, actually has a nice .323 ISO and just 33.3% GB rate against LHP, despite hitting LH.

Valdez is arguably the best pitcher on the slate, when just looking at this season, and will definitely be my highest owned, but in hedge plays, or just looking for that one-off, I think all these guys are in play. With Zunino probably my favorite, just for positional scarcity.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@SteeloCity said...

You don’t think Valdez is in the winning LU then?

No, I think he is. I think Valdez is the highest scoring pitcher. Then it’s just between Snell and May, as I don’t think anyone from ATL ends up the highest.

• cheezpizza

@Volkster6 said...

Tomlin is supposed to go through the lineup twice no matter the pitch count, runs etc at least. O’Day then apparently comes in. Braves likely want to save the arms given their series lead. I’d stick with Tomlin only.

Nothing confirmed for Tomlin to pitch at all, that ive seen. Only that Minter is starting and that its a bullpen game.
    If you use Tomlin, you deserve your negative point total.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

The biggest question for me with May is, how deep can he pitch? Dodgers need him to go long here I think. I can’t imagine this is one of those 1-2 inning starts here, but nervous it will be.

His numbers against RHB’s are strong. ( .078 ISO allowed, 27.8% HC, 68.1% GB’s). Against LHB’s, he’s average or worse, but luckily the Braves only have 3.

Without knowing what the Dodgers will do, it’s hard to really pinpoint any Braves, other than Freeman obviously. Worth noting Acuna, Swanson, and d’Arnaud are actually better against RHP.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

Oh, and I like the Dodgers.

So, the majority of my full stacks will be Valdez/May – Astros/Dodgers

I’ll have some Snell of course. Don’t plan on guessing right with Tomlin, as Tomlin isn’t that good to begin with.

I’ll probably work in some Braves. More as mini-stacks. I mentioned the Rays, I liked as one-offs. I think there’s enough uncertainty with this slate, a mixed bag line up, like Snell/Valdez, with 1 or 2 Astros could work and win.

• superjon

No idea what to do with pitching, so just made my lineup starting with hitters first. Ended up with 3 Braves and 2 Rays, so went with Snell.

• Volkster6

Play here with the PLO/PLR the Braves are doing could be to simply change the pitcher but keep the stacks as is

• ifthethunder

I’m playing some scrub in a few couple ticket contests (Andre Scrubb). Good luck people!
    ~

• SkateFiend

@Pandamonious said...

The biggest question for me with May is, how deep can he pitch? Dodgers need him to go long here I think. I can’t imagine this is one of those 1-2 inning starts here, but nervous it will be.

His numbers against RHB’s are strong. ( .078 ISO allowed, 27.8% HC, 68.1% GB’s). Against LHB’s, he’s average or worse, but luckily the Braves only have 3.

Without knowing what the Dodgers will do, it’s hard to really pinpoint any Braves, other than Freeman obviously. Worth noting Acuna, Swanson, and d’Arnaud are actually better against RHP.

Dave Roberts will likely pull him at the first sign of trouble. It’s an elimination game, after all.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@SkateFiend said...

Dave Roberts will likely pull him at the first sign of trouble. It’s an elimination game, after all.

Probably right, but the pen is worked over, and not elite to begin with.

Should went Snell/Valdy.. & 5 from LAD vs Tomlin. These shadows wow.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.