• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Saturday, 10/17
    4:38 PM EST : Atlanta ( 135 ) at LA Dodgers ( -150 ) —- T: 8
    8:37 PM EST : Houston ( 109 ) at Tampa Bay ( -120 ) —- T: 8

Sunday, 10/18
    8:15 PM EST : Atlanta ( 121 ) at LA Dodgers ( -141 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Volkster6

Definitely the last two game slate of the season. Momentum is with the Dodgers and Astros of course, but dfs doesn’t care about that… except Seager. He should be 100% in LUs

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

We actually have 4 real starting pitchers!

• RatedDAL

@Pandamonious said...

We actually have 4 real starting pitchers!

Although I’m only considering Fried and Buehler. Morton probably the shortest leash by far. I don’t want any part of Game 7 pitchers.

• ryanprzy

@RatedDAL said...

Although I’m only considering Fried and Buehler. Morton probably the shortest leash by far. I don’t want any part of Game 7 pitchers.

I don’t know, man. The Dodgers have pulled Buehler early quite a bit and they’re in a do-or-die situation which isn’t much different from a game 7. And Morton and McCullers have been better than Buehler/Fried this postseason.

I like all four starters equally on this slate so I’m probably going to use them that way.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

@ryanprzy said...

I don’t know, man. The Dodgers have pulled Buehler early quite a bit and they’re in a do-or-die situation which isn’t much different from a game 7. And Morton and McCullers have been better than Buehler/Fried this postseason.

I like all four starters equally on this slate so I’m probably going to use them that way.

I’m pretty split too. I actually like Morton the most, I think, as the veteran. Then I like Fried the next most, as Dodgers just aren’t as dangerous against LHP as a whole. TB/HOU should be fairly tight. as in game 7 nerves. McCullers obviously has the highest ceiling on this slate, but arguably the lowest floor, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he has the highest ownership.

So for me it’s actually probably, Morton/Fried up top. Then McCullers, then Buehler if having to choose.

• RatedDAL

I think Morton has the lowest floor personally. Imagine Houston up 1-0 top 2, runners on 1st and 3rd 1 out scenario and convince me Tampa isn’t panicking and bringing anyone including Yarborough or Glasnow in?

I think its imperative Tampa gets as big a lead as possible. I know that’s me being the Master of the Obvious but still.

I don’t even consider that Mortons worst case scenario. I do think as a vet he could be solid but if he isn’t the leash is extremely small.

Buehler is my favorite. I think the Dodgers understand Game 7 is gonna need to be a big bullpen game and since they gotta win 2, this will be Buehlers longest outing of the season.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

@RatedDAL said...

I think Morton has the lowest floor personally. Imagine Houston up 1-0 top 2, runners on 1st and 3rd 1 out scenario and convince me Tampa isn’t panicking and bringing anyone including Yarborough or Glasnow in?

I think its imperative Tampa gets as big a lead as possible. I know that’s me being the Master of the Obvious but still.

I don’t even consider that Mortons worst case scenario. I do think as a vet he could be solid but if he isn’t the leash is extremely small.

Buehler is my favorite. I think the Dodgers understand Game 7 is gonna need to be a big bullpen game and since they gotta win 2, this will be Buehlers longest outing of the season.

This makes some sense. With Lance’s tendency to “go off the rails” sometimes, HOU could have the same mentality towards him. TB definitely has the better bullpen has a whole, so I see where you’re coming from. Better bullpen, more reason to shorten the leash. I don’t think you can argue that Lance has the greatest likelihood of getting blown up though?

See where you’re coming from with Buehler, but he’s been rocky, and arguably has the toughest match up.

• RatedDAL

I can see Lance getting blown up. Thats why on my Buehler team (FD) I have a Rays-Astros game stack.

I had 2 entries in the Monster both rolling Buehler but I chickened out. Last day of full rosters, I didn’t want him ruining both my teams. Definetly like more bats from the late game.

• superjon

100% Reddick

in my 1 lineup

• RatedDAL

1-2-3 on 8 pitches. 0 Ks though. Guess just going through the big bats quickly id better than the alternative.

• zovyn

Seager does not care about lefty vs lefty. :)

• jayzee666

And just like that, the reaper makes his presence known! Making a statement early today!

• RatedDAL

Fried going down hard.

• yisman

Rays lineup coming out after lock hurt

would’ve used Turner at 3B….

• RatedDAL

Just like I said.. just go with the early game pitchers.

Wow Buehler gets out of bases loaded no out jam.

• Volkster6

@yisman said...

Rays lineup coming out after lock hurt

would’ve used Turner at 3B….

Surely you can project who will start at this point Yisman, but I feel the pain.

Question – how do you establish who will own who now that the first game has started? For example Buehler is 62% and Fried is 31%. These two make up 155/166 in my GPP; and one guy has Jansen which leaves 10 LUs that have a combo of McCullers/Morton or Fried/Buehler.

I’m trying to weigh the swap edge off McCullers. Not considering anything other than that. I have a 5 man Houston stack with McCullers, and that’s likely the right Lu to play… but not if you’re chasing.

Anyone????

• Yeoman

@Volkster6 said...

I’m trying to weigh the swap edge off McCullers. Not considering anything other than that. I have a 5 man Houston stack with McCullers, and that’s likely the right Lu to play… but not if you’re chasing.

So you’d play Morton, but with the same five-man HOU stack? Play for Houston blowing up the Rays’ bullpen after Morton leaves? I guess that’s plausible if you’re far enough behind—it certainly won’t be owned.

Or would you swap to a Houston reliever?

• RatedDAL

89 pitches after 6 shutout innings. Gtfoh Roberts, give Buehler the ball.

Dodgers deserve to lose.

• Volkster6

@Yeoman said...

So you’d play Morton, but with the same five-man HOU stack? Play for Houston blowing up the Rays’ bullpen after Morton leaves? I guess that’s plausible if you’re far enough behind—it certainly won’t be owned.

Or would you swap to a Houston reliever?

I would swap to Morton and a Rays stack. Currently I am 20 or so points out of the cash line and 38 points out of 1st. It’s a tight GPP of course.

I’d like to know the rough amount of people that have Morton. This will let me know the rough amount of people that have Houston stacks, which I can pivot off.

I have Buehler Barnes Muncy and Pollock so am really in a decent spot and don’t need to switch, I’m just evaluating my 1st place equity at this point, and my cash line equity.

• Yeoman

@Volkster6 said...

I would swap to Morton and a Rays stack. Currently I am 20 or so points out of the cash line and 38 points out of 1st. It’s a tight GPP of course.

I’d like to know the rough amount of people that have Morton. This will let me know the rough amount of people that have Houston stacks, which I can pivot off.

I have Buehler Barnes Muncy and Pollock so am really in a decent spot and don’t need to switch, I’m just evaluating my 1st place equity at this point, and my cash line equity.

OK, that makes more sense—I misread swapping off McCullers and “not considering anything other than that.” I might be tempted to do something as crazy as what I said but there’s 25k-ish entries where I’m playing and I’m going to be in a worse position than you are after game 1.

FWIW, I’m only playing one lineup and it’s Morton and a TB stack. I thought that’d be relatively low-owned but then Panda said Morton was his favorite of the four starters and I started to wonder.

• homers1226

testing 123 ,testing 123

• homers1226

no pitchers in late night showdown

• ifthethunder

@homers1226 said...

testing 123 ,testing 123

I want Tampa to win, but I don’t want to lose money for emotional reasons.
    ~

• homers1226

@ifthethunder said...

I want Tampa to win, but I don’t want to lose money for emotional reasons.
    ~

i was having trouble logging in

• RatedDAL

FD shouldve put up a quick 2 game full roster slate for tonight and tomorrow.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.