• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Saturday, 10/17
    4:38 PM EST : Atlanta ( 135 ) at LA Dodgers ( -150 ) —- T: 8
    8:37 PM EST : Houston ( 109 ) at Tampa Bay ( -120 ) —- T: 8

Sunday, 10/18
    8:15 PM EST : Atlanta ( 121 ) at LA Dodgers ( -141 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Volkster6

@Yeoman said...

OK, that makes more sense—I misread swapping off McCullers and “not considering anything other than that.” I might be tempted to do something as crazy as what I said but there’s 25k-ish entries where I’m playing and I’m going to be in a worse position than you are after game 1.

FWIW, I’m only playing one lineup and it’s Morton and a TB stack. I thought that’d be relatively low-owned but then Panda said Morton was his favorite of the four starters and I started to wonder.

Thanks. I’m just going to leave my LU as is. It likely has zero 1st place equity but if the Astros go off it can easily get me to the cash line. I’ll use my galaxy brain here and pretend that all my opponents are swapping and they don’t know that I know that so I’ll stay with the Astros

• homers1226

7 th game tonight in alcs

• Sleazygreazy

Everyone knows the Astros are gonna win right?

As an Angel fan first, but a Dodger fan as well it’s tough to root for the Astros but I believe it’s a foregone conclusion.

I’ve been over served today and am gonna go big on SD and single game, along with Astros ML. $2K on the Astros at +105

Correa CPT on DK and Bregman/Correa on FD.

• homers1226

thats why they play the game

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Sleazygreazy said...

Everyone knows the Astros are gonna win right?

As an Angel fan first, but a Dodger fan as well it’s tough to root for the Astros but I believe it’s a foregone conclusion.

I’ve been over served today and am gonna go big on SD and single game, along with Astros ML. $2K on the Astros at +105

Correa CPT on DK and Bregman/Correa on FD.

I was not aware, no.

Personally thought McCullers was going to have one of his dicey games, and flop, and Morton was going to be steady and shut down his old team.

Was wrong about Braves/Dodgers tonight, and most things recently though.

• RatedDAL

There goes Lance possibly off the rails.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@RatedDAL said...

There goes Lance possibly off the rails.

Maybe. Kind of early. Hitting a guy on the 1st pitch isn’t usually good. Bounced back nicely off the HR though with a K, but getting wild against with Choi…

• RatedDAL

3 ks but 30 pitches thru 1 plus the 2 run homer.

This has been the best possible script for Morton so far.

• Volkster6

Yeah looks like Morton will go 5 plus easily today. Astros don’t have it. Not that anyone cares about them

• RatedDAL

That should just about do it for the Astros. Although the Rays blowing this game would really be the icing on the 3-0 collapse.

Bregman letting me down 1 more time.

• yisman

went Buehler/Morton but having Diaz at third (with no Rays lineup, then switched to Bregman) and not having Turner hurt.

• yisman

Dustin May opening for LA

• ifthethunder

Any suggestions for a 4,000 relief pitcher? Seems like the way to go for lottery ticket showdown.

P.S. For now, I’ve got Mark Melancon.
    ~

• Yeoman

@ifthethunder said...

Any suggestions for a 4,000 relief pitcher?

I’ve bounced between Graterol and Gonzalez; it feels like a crapshoot. But we already established that taking a zero isn’t lethal in NBA showdowns, so I don’t know why it can’t work here.

• ifthethunder

@Yeoman said...

I’ve bounced between Graterol and Gonzalez; it feels like a crapshoot. But we already established that taking a zero isn’t lethal in NBA showdowns, so I don’t know why it can’t work here.

Zero beat heck out of negative numbers, for sure.
    ~

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

Dodgers already lost…

• yisman

opening with May a rather curious decision, as are many of Roberts’ decisions…

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

Dodgers already lost…

I’m a Nationals fan, so no huge rooting interest in these playoffs. But I’m glad the Rays and Randy Arozarena are in the World Series.
    ~

• yisman

have Will Smith

so close

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fans-allowed-back-mlb-games-181315594.html

Major League Baseball took a step toward normalcy this week, allowing fans back through stadium doors for the National League Championship Series in Texas – with some COVID-19 restrictions in place.

For the first time since March, more than 10,000 fans are now able to watch baseball games in person after coronavirus health and safety guidelines barred crowds at stadiums due to the ongoing pandemic.

According to CNN, the MLB announced they would be selling 11,500 tickets for games at Globe Life Field in Arlington, where the NLCS is currently being played and the World Series will later take place.

• Yeoman

@ifthethunder said...

Zero beat heck out of negative numbers, for sure.
    ~

You cannot win with a negative number; somebody always has the same lineup with a zero instead. But it’s entirely possible for the nuts lineup to have a zero in it if pricing was tight enough.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.