MLB FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

2:08 PM EST : Miami ( 180 ) at Chi Cubs ( -201 ) —- T: 7

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• yisman

@Wooden_Bones said...

Anyone else stack the pitchers for the first game and bats for the second game? That was my basic strategy, while HR hunting with Happ and Dickerson/Aguilar in a few.

I wound up with Flaherty/Darvish in all five lineups since Sixto is now about the same price as Flaherty.

Should’ve done one or two with Sixto

• ifthethunder

@yisman said...

I wound up with Flaherty/Darvish in all five lineups since Sixto is now about the same price as Flaherty.

Should’ve done one or two with Sixto

I only did the $1K Solo Shot with Darvish. Going to finish out of the money because no Sixto. But just $1 lost.
    ~

• marker0357

Cubs bats are just horrible this year. #COVID

• feezyg

@marker0357 said...

Is it the Cubs though? All these playoff games have been like this. Either neither team scores or both teams score a million.

• marker0357

@feezyg said...

Is it the Cubs though? All these playoff games have been like this. Either neither team scores or both teams score a million.

low scoring playoffs is not unusual but the Cubs bats have been bad all year. As a Cubs fan, I am acutely aware of their pathetic hitting and bullpen. Good starting pitching but then meh.

• yisman

@marker0357 said...

RG’s projection source loves the Cubs and always has the Cubs bats at the top every slate

and it seems like every time they bust

• yisman

last 11 games for the Cubs

0 runs thrice
    1 run thrice

• ifthethunder

@yisman said...

RG’s projection source loves the Cubs and always has the Cubs bats at the top every slate

and it seems like every time they bust

There were a ton of runs in the Padres-Cardinals because it was 100 degrees. But a lot of other places are pretty cold for baseball. It’s supposed to be the ‘boys of summer’ or so I recall.

P.S. On top of that, you’re right. It’s not like it’s warmer for Miami, for cripes sakes! The Cubbies are choking.
    ~

• feezyg

It’s official, the AL and NL Central are here strictly for comic relief. What happened with the White Sox was bad enough, some how this is worse. How the hell do you win the World Series lose 2 players add Darvish and end up here. Mind blowing. There are 9 spots on Fanduel I have Darvish sure then 2 marlins and 3 Cubs that combined for 18 pts. If DFS was a person, it would require 24 hour security…

• Yeoman

I hope this is a one-off and we never see this playoff format again, but if we do they might as well rename this round the Central Division Elimination Series.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Yeoman said...

I hope this is a one-off and we never see this playoff format again, but if we do they might as well rename this round the Central Division Elimination Series.

Cards still might win!

• telestraightshooter

What the HELL is ABC pulling a Heidi on the Cubs bottom of the 9th on us?!?

POTUS goes to the hospital with a cough …. wooptie-frickin-do!
    99.98% survival rate

Get that Midget GeorgyBoy off the Set!
    PlayBall!

• feezyg

I guess this is more important than the Cubs actually dying. ABC dropped the ball on that one, I’m extremely disappointed. I paid good money for the right to witness Baez K one last time….

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Wait, wasn’t even watching the game…ABC cut into the end of the game for breaking news that Trump was going to the hospital because of his Covid? Is that what I’m getting?

• Yeoman

@Pandamonious said...

Wait, wasn’t even watching the game…ABC cut into the end of the game for breaking news that Trump was going to the hospital because of his Covid? Is that what I’m getting?

They moved the bottom of the ninth to ESPN.

• feezyg

@Pandamonious said...

Yes apparently he has it, which is not surprising considering his frequency of travel. His wife also apparently and also not surpring. Considering their ages and other factors, I can see why ABC couldn’t wait 5 min….

• telestraightshooter

@Pandamonious said...

ABC cut into the end of the game for breaking news that Trump was going to the hospital because of his Covid?

and they still be ramblin on like expert witness # 7.

Remember, the difference between you and the Expert on TV is – He’s on TV and Your Not

• telestraightshooter

@feezyg said...

Yes apparently he has it, which is not surprising considering his frequency of travel. His wife also apparently and also not surpring. Considering their ages and other factors, I can see why ABC couldn’t wait 5 min….

ok maybe if they said they learned the first couple had deficiencies in Vitamin D & Zinc, then they might have a story

Vitamin D is the SARS2 Cheat Code

• SkateFiend

@Pandamonious said...

He’s going in for additional tests.

Sports in the covid era has been a minor disaster. Politics has something to do with the low ratings, but I’m convined most fans just aren’t interested in the product on the field.

Look at the Cubs lineup. No one hitting .300, OPS is average to dismal, and a parade of 0 for 4s. MLB is basically a homerun derby, hitters don’t care how often they strike out or fail to put the ball in play. The result is almost 3 hours of inertia.

Who cares if ABC cut the ninth inning short for any reason? Almost nobody. They could have went to a old timey 90’s kitchenware infomercial for all I care.

• feezyg

@SkateFiend said...

He’s going in for additional tests.

Sports in the covid era has been a minor disaster. Politics has something to do with the low ratings, but I’m convined most fans just aren’t interested in the product on the field.

Look at the Cubs lineup. No one hitting .300, OPS is average to dismal, and a parade of 0 for 4s. MLB is basically a homerun derby, hitters don’t care how often they strike out or fail to put the ball in play. The result is almost 3 hours of inertia.

Who cares if ABC cut the ninth inning short for any reason? Almost nobody. They could have went to a old timey 90’s kitchenware infomercial for all I care.

This is faulty thinking. You play to win the game. It’s baseball, one swing changes everything. I guess Cubs fans are the only real losers here, as usual….

• Yeoman

@feezyg said...

I guess Cubs fans are the only real losers here, as usual….

Cub fans who can’t afford cable. Most of us just changed the channel and watched the rest of the game.

• SkateFiend

@feezyg said...

This is faulty thinking. You play to win the game. It’s baseball, one swing changes everything. I guess Cubs fans are the only real losers here, as usual….

It’s tough to win when most of the team goes 0 for 4 and cannot hit when players occasionally gets on base.

Fans won’t spend a ton of money to a see a lineup of .230 hitters whiff 70% of the time. The occasional homerun outbursts won’t make a whole lot of difference.

• Yeoman

I guess that explains the poor attendance at these playoff games so far.

• roomchat

@Yeoman said...

I guess that explains the poor attendance at these playoff games so far.

• homers1226

hope tatis has his walking shoes on tonight

unless jack is dialed in

hope he can find this form
    In 11 second-half starts, Flaherty has thrown 71 1/3 innings and ranks first in the Majors (minimum 50 innings) with a 0.76 ERA and a . 150 opponent average

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).