MLB FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

2:08 PM EST : Miami ( 192 ) at Atlanta ( -215 ) —- T: 8.5
    3:35 PM EST : Oakland ( 103 ) at Houston ( -113 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 114 ) at NY Yankees ( -125 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• got9forya

So Stack ATL I guess. Hell if I really know. But they are playing at home and bats are still HOT. Not to forget they did light Lopez up last time they faced him.

• bfwl3434

Atlanta is not playing at home. All of the gams are at neutral locations

• truegrinder

The Lopez dude for Miami has pitched well against the Braves. I’m leaning towards taking him. Not sure who else to throw yet

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@truegrinder said...

The Lopez dude for Miami has pitched well against the Braves. I’m leaning towards taking him. Not sure who else to throw yet

Right. Overall.

Lopez had 2 very strong starts against ATL, with a shelling sandwiched in between.

• got9forya

@bfwl3434 said...

Atlanta is not playing at home. All of the gams are at neutral locations

I understand not at home but on Neutral field they feel at home if you cant tell from how hot their bates are. That is what i was referring to.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

What does Randy Arozarena have to do to get priced up?

• ifthethunder

I had Glasnow and Valdez in the three gamer yesterday, along with 5 home runs from my batters. Still didn’t win a ticket because of Giancarlo Stanton. So I have him today. Got to bar the door even if it’s too late, you know.
    ~

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

Hah! He’s the other one.
    ~

• Wooden_Bones

@ifthethunder said...

Still didn’t win a ticket because of Giancarlo Stanton. So I have him today. Got to bar the door even if it’s too late, you know.

Well, if you believe in BVP then you should have more confidence in Stanton today. He has a .346 avg against Morton.

• SteeloCity

I’m going with one offs everywhere

• truegrinder

@Pandamonious said...

I wondered that same thing. I had to play him! Dude is on a tear!

• truegrinder

i ended up with Luzardo and Lopez on the mound… Played some rays bats, oak bats and a few LAD

• got9forya

Stacked NYY, HOU, and TB. Lets see how this pans out.. Good luck yall. I know I need it

• hypegotti

going one off and two mans, stacking has been brutal in the post season.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@hypegotti said...

going one off and two mans, stacking has been brutal in the post season.

Not when you stack the right team.

• Wooden_Bones

Do we have a clear idea who’s starting for SD? Davies? Paddack?

• hypegotti

@Pandamonious said...

Not when you stack the right team.

i’m talking about my personal experience. obviously i haven’t stacked the right teams.

• Volkster6

Game theory question – do you adjust on the fly with the space between games??? Leave salary etc? If Atlanta blows up, and you faded then do you alter plans? Do you also make changes if they don’t blow up if you didn’t stack them based on ownership in your GPPs?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@Volkster6 said...

Game theory question – do you adjust on the fly with the space between games??? Leave salary etc? If Atlanta blows up, and you faded then do you alter plans? Do you also make changes if they don’t blow up if you didn’t stack them based on ownership in your GPPs?

You could. The last couple days, the only adjustments I’ve made to any of my line ups is when someone ended up not being in the line up. Other wise I’ve just let things be and have done quite well.

You made your line up(s) what you did, because you liked it. So, why change it based on what happened in another game? Seems like overthinking. I have and I know people will change NBA line ups on the fly, based on how their line up looks. Maybe you’re 30 points off the cash line, and have a “safe” play left, but pivot to a guy with a lower floor, but higher ceiling, because you think it increases your chances. Maybe even do that in NFL. Altering MLB line ups though, based on how another stack does, I wouldn’t.

• jdtrey

Davies starting tonight. Which Kershaw shows up?

I have an uncomfortable amount of A’s, this should go well.

• Volkster6

@Pandamonious said...

You could. The last couple days, the only adjustments I’ve made to any of my line ups is when someone ended up not being in the line up. Other wise I’ve just let things be and have done quite well.

You made your line up(s) what you did, because you liked it. So, why change it based on what happened in another game? Seems like overthinking. I have and I know people will change NBA line ups on the fly, based on how their line up looks. Maybe you’re 30 points off the cash line, and have a “safe” play left, but pivot to a guy with a lower floor, but higher ceiling, because you think it increases your chances. Maybe even do that in NFL. Altering MLB line ups though, based on how another stack does, I wouldn’t.

Thanks Panda, exactly what I was thinking (NBA) when I posed question.

• SteeloCity

I’ve pretty much locked Arozarena and Stanton in my lineups. Then a lot of A’s bats as well. Go A’s, I guess?

• Wooden_Bones

@jdtrey said...

I have an uncomfortable amount of A’s, this should go well.

Plays like Olson and La Stella are either going to sink me or keep me afloat. Being in the $4600/4700 range definitely takes salary away from other spots I could use it. But, Pinder at $2000 doesn’t need much to payoff. What it really comes down to is I don’t have faith in Urquidy.

I’m also treading lightly on the Braves, so my day could go sideways in a hurry.

• jdtrey

Somehow I ended up with zero Olson, not sure I’m thrilled about that.

• ifthethunder

@Wooden_Bones said...

Well, if you believe in BVP then you should have more confidence in Stanton today. He has a .346 avg against Morton.

Travis D’Arnaud is batting 4th versus Pablo Lopez, as well.
    ~

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).