MLB FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

2:08 PM EST : Atlanta ( -140 ) at Miami ( 126 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 122 ) at NY Yankees ( -135 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@SteeloCity said...

He just pitched Tuesday right? Can’t imagine he goes longer than a couple innings. If I’m doing the “opener” thing I’ll just play Morejon and save a ton to pay up for bats.

Yeah, I’d expect 2-3 innings from May, then same from Urias. Maybe they get 6 between the two. Just a guess though.

• RatedDAL

Must be saving Gonsolin for a potential Game 4 because i thought it’d be him tonight.

If it did go 5 then the Padres probably looking at Buehler/Kershaw for 7-8 innings.

• ifthethunder

@SteeloCity said...

Blehhhhh I wanted to go back to Pinder and Semien but now idk

If I put those two in my Morejon-Patino lineup, I have more money leftover than I can spend on batters. So why not, it’s worth a try!
    ~

• blackdirkdiggler

Wow. Thought Sixto would be chalk in my $25 single entry cash game. Only 37% owned. Come on Sixto! Carry me to a cash.

• feezyg

@blackdirkdiggler said...

Wow. Thought Sixto would be chalk in my $25 single entry cash game. Only 37% owned. Come on Sixto! Carry me to a cash.

Well he’s facing a death lineup, so there’s that…

• cheezpizza

As a Braves fan

• Volkster6

Anyone who was patient (not me of course) with their Braves stacks in the first two games are finally seeing dividends today. They’ll put up 15-16

• jayzee666

@feezyg said...

Well he’s facing a death lineup, so there’s that…

And he is also facing the REAPER. That is a fate worse than a death LU!

• Volkster6

I’ve had 4 players in the last two days ground out with the bases loaded and 2 outs. All with decent ISO. Tilting lol

• yisman

I used Greinke on the 3 game Yahoo slate but he’s not a reliable play either, as he’s coming off “arm soreness” and might be limited to 60 pitches or so, even if he’s effective.

• cheezpizza

@yisman said...

I used Greinke on the 3 game Yahoo slate but he’s not a reliable play either, as he’s coming off “arm soreness” and might be limited to 60 pitches or so, even if he’s effective.

I just went with Wright and May and played most of the bats i wanted.

• yisman

@RatedDAL said...

No clue where to go with pitching on FD. Sanchez is the most expensive, facing the Braves in an elimination game and he’s a young arm so no telling how long he goes. Throw in the fact he’s chalk and there’s a lot not to like.

15 points might be my goal at pitcher today.

Any chance Boone goes back to his Game 2 bag of tricks and brings Garcia in early?

Six couldn’t get you even six. 44.6% and he scored negative.

Wright was 33.9% owned on DK.
    Montas 30.6%

• ifthethunder

@cheezpizza said...

I just went with Wright and May and played most of the bats i wanted.

I have Wright and d’Arnaud in a lineup. The other pitcher? Dirty Sixto Sanchez. It made sense at the time…
    ~

• blackdirkdiggler

Sixto was high in the zone all game. Welp, I think I can still cash, even with a negative 1.4.

• SteeloCity

Damnit Montas.

• thebettymo

Montas is a certified bum

• RatedDAL

Is Garcia entering the game tonight? Is he entering early, like 2nd inning early,? Is Montgomery the guy til he hits a rough patch?

• yisman

Funny stat lines today from two of my Yahoo OFs.

Acuna outscoring Dickerson by a lot.

Acuna is 0/3.

Dickerson is 3/4.

• yisman

@RatedDAL said...

Is Garcia entering the game tonight? Is he entering early, like 2nd inning early,? Is Montgomery the guy til he hits a rough patch?

well, Aaron Boone is not going to tell you

the other day everyone expected Garcia to pitch as a normal starter and then he got lifted after 1 inning.

Here’s a quote, which says essentially “I may or may not pull Montgomery early and you will be the last to know.”

As far as Montgomery, Boone said he has the ability to excel on Thursday night.

“Well he’s a really good pitcher, (I) think he’s had a really good year for us,” Boone explained. “Couple of starts here and there that skewed his line from really how good he’s been all season. I know that if he can own his delivery and dictate counts, he’s a guy that’s very difficult to hit.

“We’ve seen it all year, the weak contact, the swing and miss he gets out of the zone, obviously commanding his fastball early will be key, and if he can do that, I feel like he can go out and really give us a strong performance.”

While Boone expressed confidence in Montgomery, he said he could turn to the bullpen early — with Deivi Garcia available but Gerrit Cole likely being held back for a potential Game 5.

“Yeah I mean we’ll be real aggressive,” Boone said. “Obviously, there is no tomorrow, we got to win today. We got a lot of guys available down there. Obviously Deivi’s down there for innings if we need it. So we’ll be aggressive if we need to. But the hope is that Monty goes out there and really can have his way a couple times through.”

• rstylz

Trying out some MLB for the first time.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for external stat resources on the interweb?

cheers

• land_of_the_lock

Congrats if you hit the double dong lotto tickets today.

• PrenticeGT

@land_of_the_lock said...

No joke. I think this is the last day of MLB DFS for me this season. With the pitching shenanigans it’s just a total clusterfuck . You are better off buying the mega millions lottery ticket for $1 than playing this garbage.

• zovyn

@land_of_the_lock said...

Yea for Brantley.
    Nay for Laureano.

Not much else.

Good times.

• zovyn

Scratch that… Altuve to the rescue!

• RatedDAL

I had an Astros stack that Sisto probably ruined.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).