4:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( -127 ) at Oakland ( 117 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:10 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -124 ) at Atlanta ( 115 ) —- T: 8
    4:10 PM EST : Washington ( -185 ) at Cincinnati ( 170 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -110 ) at San Diego ( 102 ) —- T: 8
    4:15 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 141 ) at Kansas City ( -153 ) —- T: 9
    7:08 PM EST : SF Giants ( 251 ) at LA Dodgers ( -277 ) —- T: 7
    10:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -175 ) at Seattle ( 161 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Colorado ( -106 ) at Arizona ( -102 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• cullyp81

RG Overall Ranking

For early slate, plug in Syndergaard, CarMar, and 2 $2k guys that may or may not be playing. Fill in the rest with who you want.

• xc0achx

@ButBongoFiesta said...

Not horrible and should be fine. Doesn’t always strikeout a lot of guys which is a drawback. But Petco is a pitchers park and the Padres lineup isn’t very good so you could do a lot worse.

Thanks…

I have little idea what I am doing…

• ButBongoFiesta

Baseball is tough as hell. Gotta hit on your pitchers and then throw darts for your lineup. Good luck.

• 2Slik

• Ranked #16

RG Tiered Ranking

“Marlins have decent speed” – I’ve heard this a few times and I’m scratching my head…

Dietrich has 3 CAREER stolen bases (I mean have you watched this guy play???), Castro has regressed majorly (only 2 SB last year and is rounding into Miggy), Maybin isn’t starting, and Brinson is just as likely to go 0-4 than steal a base. I hate Lester as much as the next guy and it’s baseball but I don’t see how the Marlins aren’t the lowest hanging fruit to pick on here…

• thedkexperience

@xc0achx said...

First time ever playing MLB DFS…I’m an NBA DFS guy

Im so lost guys and gals…

Is Chase Anderson a horrible play? He fits my current budget.

There is no such thing as a horrible play in baseball. A sub-optimal one, sure. Like in the macro using a top 4 hitter is better than an 8 hitter, or a strike out pitcher is better than a gas can … BUT … over 162 games anything is possible.

If you’re a newbie just take a safe pitcher in a game they are favored and play guess the homerun. You’ll be fine.

Trying to get maximum value out of every single spot sounds all well and good but even the best players are capable of four zeros a week.

There are really intense stat guys who will tell you that you’re a fool if you don’t study exit velocity, splits, park factors and 400 other things. In the long run they would be right and would likely beat you over the course of 162. In any single day though … yeah … that 0.004% OPS difference for a player probably won’t matter.

Just don’t try to be a hero and you’ll be fine.

• cbsharpe

@ButBongoFiesta said...

Baseball is tough as hell. Gotta hit on your pitchers and then throw darts for your lineup. Good luck.

Yep!

• timusbr

@panters said...

It is a blast from the past for me too. I said the original Boog play with Brooks and Frank Robinson in old Memorial Stadium and still have a program from 1966.

Never was really a fan of Baltimore. I do remember those great names. I unfortunately didnt get to see them live but was forced too and I like too watch the world series tapes from the 60’s when I was in little league baseball. Nothing like hall of fame baseball players. I love baseball and glad its back.

• frugal

@ButBongoFiesta said...

+1. Played the Yahoo Cup last season to get my feet wet. Going to try some low dollar entries this season to see if anything I learned will pay off.

• Larrioto

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #47

RG Tiered Ranking

Guys, im not familiar with the umpires assignments, do you know when we will have the assignments for todays games?

• MrNastyTime91

you have to roster urena to fit cubs bats smh…this early slate on dk is a joke the way pricing is setup

• bucherpsu08

Running 4 5 man DK stacks this afternoon – O’s, Astros, Royals and Phillies

• thedkexperience

Money play of the early slate that no one will be on (on Fan Duel) because of the new lineup construction: Wilson Contrarian … I mean Wilson Contreras.

• winnerchickendinner

For umpires you can use statfox. They do not have them up at the moment.

• cullyp81

RG Overall Ranking

@MrNastyTime91 said...

you have to roster urena to fit cubs bats smh…this early slate on dk is a joke the way pricing is setup

Don’t fall for that way of thinking. There WILL be $4k+ batters that get 0-2 pts today. Unless Urena smokes it and one of the top pitchers gets rocked, a 0pt game from a $2k guy not even playing will not hurt you.

• MrPerfekt7

Anybody paying up for the Cubs bats?

• thedkexperience

@cullyp81 said...

Don’t fall for that way of thinking. There WILL be $4k+ batters that get 0-2 pts today. Unless Urena smokes it and one of the top pitchers gets rocked, a 0pt game from a $2k guy not even playing will not hurt you.

We all know Kris Bryant, Rizzo, Happ and the rest of the Cubs bats are all good to great players. That doesn’t mean today will be good to great.

Bryant could easily go 0-4 with 2Ks while someone in the bottom of the order goes nuts. Or he could hit 3 homers and get 60+ points.

This isn’t basketball where LeBron has a 95% chance of a 40 point floor. Anything can happen.

• tonedefrob

@cullyp81 said...

It could also go Urena throws 5 innings of 1 run, 3 hit, 4 K ball and then the Cubs light the pen up.

You could also take a shot on one of the relievers for the Cubs/Cards/Mets to pair with Synd if you want to stack up the Cubs.

None of this is suggested as a good play (in fact it’s pretty stupid), but it’ll be contrarian on a two game slate.

• nbahan

@7klub06 said...

So for the early slate, stack Mia/Chicago and maybe 1/2 Cardinals bats with Martinez/Syndergaad thoughts?

Pretty much my lineup with the early slate being so limited.

• dubchr7

• Blogger of the Month

@7klub06 said...

Anybody paying up for the Cubs bats?

I WOULD BET EVERYBODY

• draggin49

How is Bour vs LHP?

• Luctyl99

@draggin49 said...

How is Bour vs LHP?

Good enough for me to play in my Brinson, Castro, Bour stack haha

• xc0achx

I made my first ever MLB LU ya’ll.

Went Chase Anderson NYY bats/Couple Hou bats/Couple Kansas City bats

and a Adam Jones and Hoskins flier

• bucherpsu08

@draggin49 said...

How is Bour vs LHP?

Terrible.

• thedkexperience

@dubchr7 said...

I WOULD BET EVERYBODY

• thedkexperience

You know what’s great about DFS baseball?

Setting pitchers aside the closest thing I see to a must start player today is the rotted and bloated corpse of Matt Kemp.

Welcome back to the sickness!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).