7:07 PM EST : Detroit ( 121 ) at Toronto ( -131 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( -136 ) at Tampa Bay ( 126 ) —- T: 7
    7:10 PM EST : Colorado ( -152 ) at Miami ( 140 ) —- T: 7
    8:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( -102 ) at Milwaukee ( -106 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:07 PM EST : LA Angels ( -101 ) at Oakland ( -107 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 143 ) at San Diego ( -155 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Arizona ( 146 ) at LA Dodgers ( -158 ) —- T: 7
    10:10 PM EST : Boston ( -142 ) at Seattle ( 131 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Ndepompei

@JENSGT said...

Checking out the achievements and it doesn’t look like I got any credits in the “Big Fly” – total home runs accumulated in paid MLB entries category.

I definitely had a few homers yesterday…any ideas?

same and other achievements are credited

• 33BeRad

Never really done baseball dfs, trying a few quarter lineups just for fun. See if anything sticks. Is using a catcher in the C/1B slot on FD a bad idea? Right now I have Jansen cuz he is cheap and I didn’t love any of the 1B matchups

• thedkexperience

@33BeRad said...

Never really done baseball dfs, trying a few quarter lineups just for fun. See if anything sticks. Is using a catcher in the C/1B slot on FD a bad idea? Right now I have Jansen cuz he is cheap and I didn’t love any of the 1B matchups

Good question.

In general, yes, a catcher in the C/1B slot will be a good differention play but you need to weigh that against the fact that many catchers kind of suck for DFS. If you can pop a homer at 1% it’s a great play though.

Always keep in mind that on FD in most cases you should only be playing players who you think can hit a homer. If you think someone is in a good homer spot, playing that person is the way to go.

• Packapunch

@JENSGT said...

Checking out the achievements and it doesn’t look like I got any credits in the “Big Fly” – total home runs accumulated in paid MLB entries category.

I definitely had a few homers yesterday…any ideas?

Directly from DK Chat

I apologize for the trouble, this is actually a known issue at this time. We hope to progress for this achievement updated as soon as possible.

• JENSGT

@Packapunch said...

Directly from DK Chat

I apologize for the trouble, this is actually a known issue at this time. We hope to progress for this achievement updated as soon as possible.

good to know. Thanks!

• 33BeRad

@thedkexperience said...

Good question.

In general, yes, a catcher in the C/1B slot will be a good differention play but you need to weigh that against the fact that many catchers kind of suck for DFS. If you can pop a homer at 1% it’s a great play though.

Always keep in mind that on FD in most cases you should only be playing players who you think can hit a homer. If you think someone is in a good homer spot, playing that person is the way to go.

Awesome! Thanks

• Southie777

@Lathum said...

I usually run 5-10 lineups a night.

Last nigh won a $7 satellite into the FD $444 monster tonight. I play between $100-200 a night, but never something that high an entry. Try and practice bankroll management and grind it out. Last year I finished 300th in the RG baseball rankings so that works for me.

I realize this is irrational, but I am only going to roll 1 lineup tonight. I don’t think I could handle it if one of my lineups was enough for a big score in the Monster and I didn’t use that one.

FWIW I am leaning Marquez as my SP.

Haha, dude, I’m with you, I’d do the EXACT same thing. I usually play several Four-Seamers (or other low stakes GPP’s) and often pick one for a couple of SE tourneys. It grinds my gears to pick the wrong one. If I was picking one to go in a $444 tourney and picked wrong, I’d just rather go with one lineup for the night and not have to decide! Good luck!!!

• Lathum

@mr_papageorgio said...

Good luck! Definitely go with one LU so you don’t have to play the what if game. I play higher stakes (on DK only) but my biggest advice is that you will see much more concentrated ownership and the chalk will be even more chalky. It only takes one low owned player to be different so don’t get cute for the sake of ownership. Play the obviously good plays and then find a spot or two to differentiate.

Thanks. I’m gonna roll Austin Meadows. Hoping he can get some points at low ownership due to Cole being likely high owned.

• mr_papageorgio

@Lathum said...

Thanks. I’m gonna roll Austin Meadows. Hoping he can get some points at low ownership due to Cole being likely high owned.

I don’t mind it. Cole has always been prone to give a little up to lefties and Meadows was solid last year/could still be on the upswing. Even if he does nothing it won’t kill you and there’s definitely upside there.

• Wooden_Bones

@Lathum said...

If Meadows hits a homer tonight that’ll be quite the start to the season for him. Taking Verlander deep followed by Cole the next day.

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@Wooden_Bones said...

If Meadows hits a homer tonight that’ll be quite the start to the season for him. Taking Verlander deep followed by Cole the next day.

I feel like such a fool even typing this… But I actually like TB and have a stack somewhere.. Low owned, could flop but I think it has a good shot at getting to a chalk pitcher.

• AlexSonty

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@33BeRad said...

Posey is a cash play and Grandal is in play for a Brewers stack.

• Wooden_Bones

@tratow said...

I feel like such a fool even typing this… But I actually like TB and have a stack somewhere.. Low owned, could flop but I think it has a good shot at getting to a chalk pitcher.

You probably feel like I do with my DET stack. With the uncertainty of what we’ll get from Shoemaker, I’m looking to bank on the possibility that he doesn’t have it together and hopefully the few power bats DET has can capitalize on that.

• goboltsgo

Goodrum or Stewart? Would of done a lineup alt the two but didnt make another entry and now its full. So now its either 1257 or 1267 any thoughts? (obv thought is why stack DET but its just what this noob is going to try )

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@Wooden_Bones said...

You probably feel like I do with my DET stack. With the uncertainty of what we’ll get from Shoemaker, I’m looking to bank on the possibility that he doesn’t have it together and hopefully the few power bats DET has can capitalize on that.

At least the Tigers have a an “inexperienced” pitcher if you will.. He was not too sharp in spring training, if I remember correctly..

• Lathum

I landed on a 4 man cards stack with meadows, trout, and a few other pieces. Basically hoping Peralta is all over the place.

• nickvogel8

TOR and SD chalk offenses?

• captainwacky

@nickvogel8 said...

Angels and Pads maybe? I really hope the padres aren’t chalk; I’m heaviest on them today but am realizing I’m not as alone as I thought.

• frugal

@nickvogel8 said...

TOR killed me last night, right back to them today.

• hobbes2d

@frugal said...

TOR killed me last night, right back to them today.

Same. :)

• Danielv22

Ugh hate waiting on West coast lineups

• NYGfan1983

@Danielv22 said...

same

• noddy

@Danielv22 said...

Don’t we have late swap?

• monarch

@Danielv22 said...

Do we think Morales is in tonight?

• monarch

Oakland 2, 4, 5, 6 and 9 for me. Incoming Dark Night no no

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.