4:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -156 ) at Miami ( +144 ) — T: 8
    4:10 PM EST : Arizona ( +196 ) at San Diego ( -215 ) — T: 8
    4:10 PM EST : Texas ( +139 ) at Kansas City ( -150 ) — T: 9
    4:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( +105 ) at Cincinnati ( -115 ) — T: 7.5
    7:09 PM EST : NY Mets ( -136 ) at Washington ( +126 ) — T: 7
    10:05 PM EST : Chi Sox ( -120 ) at LA Angels ( +110 ) — T: 8.5
    10:07 PM EST : Houston ( -107 ) at Oakland ( -103 ) — T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( -113 ) at Seattle ( +103 ) — T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• thedkexperience

@axman15 said...

https://www.fangraphs.com/prospects

This is money! Thanks!

• HoodsFromTheWood

@maddysdaddy0914 said...

This probably comes back to bite me, but I’m likely staying away from Coors on opening day. Have a few one offs. But don’t see myself over exposing to that game.

Yeah I usually get Coors on off days and fade it when it explodes lol. But I’m that guy that overplays the weather and any baseball game that’s played in low 40’s temps with double digit winds are a fade for me. Not sure what the slates are on FD, but the DK slate I’m playing is 9 games. It becomes a 5 game slate for me due to my weather-phobia. With Denver probably having the best outdoor weather on the slate it’s a chalky must play for me.

• thedkexperience

Thanks for the help fellas. The draft went surprisingly well. I think I can grab a playoff spot.

Much appreciated, especially for the fan graphs link. I actually have a top pitching prospect now in Matt Manning due to it.

• thedkexperience

Onto tomorrow’s slate … the starters are mostly understandably good but it appears that most of the truly great ones are either off the 2:05 slate or facing each other.

I’m way more interested in both Eovaldi and Hendricks than I normally would be. Pretty sure Hendricks slow tossed his way to an opening day CG last season and the Eovaldi (like many others) appears to own the Orioles.

I’m not saying either will break the slate (although a CG from Hendricks would certainly do just that) but both appear to be reasonably safe bets for 6 innings and a quality start.

Edit – These are weather independent evaluations. If it pours in Boston obviously don’t take Eovaldi.

• Southie777

@thedkexperience said...

Onto tomorrow’s slate … the starters are mostly understandably good but it appears that most of the truly great ones are either off the 2:05 slate or facing each other.

I’m way more interested in both Eovaldi and Hendricks than I normally would be. Pretty sure Hendricks slow tossed his way to an opening day CG last season and the Eovaldi (like many others) appears to own the Orioles.

I’m not saying either will break the slate (although a CG from Hendricks would certainly do just that) but both appear to be reasonably safe bets for 6 innings and a quality start.

Edit – These are weather independent evaluations. If it pours in Boston obviously don’t take Eovaldi.

Just an FYI, I live in Boston and after having read a more thorough forecast, I like the chances of them getting the game in and not even having a mid-game delay. Sounds more like a possibility of a late start than anything. There’s rain overnight through the early afternoon and then it clears out right around first pitch or a bit earlier. Only thing would be if the field gets flooded or something. But it sounds like the timing of the system will work out pretty well! But, as usual, read Roth!

• JTAx33

Am I allowed to discuss MKF in this forum, or is that frowned upon for this sport as well?

• thedkexperience

I just checked out the Philly weather and if it’s “chilly” with a left to right wind I can tell you from first hand experience … it’s a complete non-issue. 47 degrees and 15 miles per hour of wind is nothing in Citizens Bank Park.

• thedkexperience

I’m thinking Darvish and Glasnow are the chalk?

• thedkexperience

Not sure if he’s gonna play but may I interest any of you fine gents into KBO phenom Ha-Seong Kim for 2100 on DK?

Righty against Bumgarner and I think Cronenworth is probably the odd man out in that situation.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

It’s baaaaaacck and with two good pitchers in Coors and with cheap RedSox bats against a middling lefty at Fenway and Kyle Gibson is the season opener? Can’t wait… is going to be a fun season.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@thedkexperience said...

I’m thinking Darvish and Glasnow are the chalk?

Glasnow yes.

Not sure Darvish will get enough innings to pay his price, but I will have a few for sure…. contrarian play if you are multi entering is a washed out Bum against my Padres… he’ll probably get shelled, but I will have a couple because first day of the season, after a long rest, in Petco against a team maybe a little too amped up and maybe just tomorrow prone to a few more swings chasing.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@JTAx33 said...

Am I allowed to discuss MKF in this forum, or is that frowned upon for this sport as well?

In my opinion MKF should create his own daily thread for all or for individual sports. It’s simply a completely different discussion

• thedkexperience

@Unico10 said...

Glasnow yes.

Not sure Darvish will get enough innings to pay his price, but I will have a few for sure…. contrarian play if you are multi entering is a washed out Bum against my Padres… he’ll probably get shelled, but I will have a couple because first day of the season, after a long rest, in Petco against a team maybe a little too amped up and maybe just tomorrow prone to a few more swings chasing.

Pretty sure every time the Padres play a lefty I’m gonna stack Machado and Tatis in my single entry.

• JTAx33

@Unico10 said...

In my opinion MKF should create his own daily thread for all or for individual sports. It’s simply a completely different discussion

I still disagree greatly that talking about players in specific games is any different than talking about players you like across an entire day but if nobody else here cares I’m certainly not gonna talk to myself.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@thedkexperience said...

Pretty sure every time the Padres play a lefty I’m gonna stack Machado and Tatis in my single entry.

Of course

But if you are entering 50+ lineup, playing Bum in 2 to 5 make sense if you want leverage, than of course play 30-50% Manny and Bebo

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

I’m trying my luck tomorrow on that world fantasy baseball contest tomorrow on FD. I’m just hoping I get lucky to go again like I did 3 years ago. I got in 2018’s by some lucky fluke and I wasn’t even trying, lol! FanDuel is having the tournament this year in Denver.

• miggs6876

Is the Grind down free tomorrow?

• miggs6876

@thedkexperience said...

I have Darvish locked and loaded. Hard to see him failing vs Ariz bats. I think he gets 10+ Ks, goes 7 innings, and gets the easy W. I’ll take his 50 fps. Also, like W. Myers at 2.9k on fanduel. Realmuto at 3.2k seems like a nice price and Soler at 3.0k is appealing. I can never get Coors field right. Good luck everyone.

• thedkexperience

@miggs6876 said...

I have Darvish locked and loaded. Hard to see him failing vs Ariz bats. I think he gets 10+ Ks, goes 7 innings, and gets the easy W. I’ll take his 50 fps. Also, like W. Myers at 2.9k on fanduel. Realmuto at 3.2k seems like a nice price and Soler at 3.0k is appealing. I can never get Coors field right. Good luck everyone.

I’m going Darvish and Hendricks in my main lineup. I considered Glasnow but the Marlins strike me as a team predicted to win 70 that will win 88 or 90. I’m not going to start my season watching the Marlins ruin a parlay for me again.

• mnstone14

I know its cold, and theyre facing Castillo, but theres 15-20 mph winds going straight out in Cincy. And they dont call it the Great American Small park for nothing.

• Southie777

Red Sox game postponed, too much lingering rain.

• thedkexperience

@Southie777 said...

Red Sox game postponed, too much lingering rain.

Now it’s baseball season!

By the way, the weather outside in Philly is kind of gross but I don’t think it in anyway will impact today’s game.

• BigRay

Yea! Baseball, the gateway drug that started my whole DFS journey 8 years ago. A couple thoughts about DFS baseball as we start.

Getting the pitching right trumps all. On DK, the K’s are where it is at.

Hitting is where the variance is. Only in Baseball can the min guy go for a random 3 dinger day and the check get a 0. HR hunting is how to pick your batters. Embrace the variance it is your friend against the big boys.

Coors is over rated in the spring. Cool heavy air hangs on up there through may/June sometimes. Mid summer is the time to hit it after players get wary from a ho hum spring at Coors.

Generally stay away from the chalk hitters. Rarely, maybe his birthday, would I play a Mike Trout. The salary for the big hitters limits you greatly with your pitching and other batters. Look for guys that the manager moves up in the line up or new guys coming up that the general public may be unaware of.

Last. Have fun. Don’t get beat up from having 0’s it happens to everyone.

• thedkexperience

@BigRay said...

Yea! Baseball, the gateway drug that started my whole DFS journey 8 years ago. A couple thoughts about DFS baseball as we start.

Getting the pitching right trumps all. On DK, the K’s are where it is at.

Hitting is where the variance is. Only in Baseball can the min guy go for a random 3 dinger day and the check get a 0. HR hunting is how to pick your batters. Embrace the variance it is your friend against the big boys.

Coors is over rated in the spring. Cool heavy air hangs on up there through may/June sometimes. Mid summer is the time to hit it after players get wary from a ho hum spring at Coors.

Generally stay away from the chalk hitters. Rarely, maybe his birthday, would I play a Mike Trout. The salary for the big hitters limits you greatly with your pitching and other batters. Look for guys that the manager moves up in the line up or new guys coming up that the general public may be unaware of.

Last. Have fun. Don’t get beat up from having 0’s it happens to everyone.

I love how the meta of this game has changed. 3-4 years ago this page would be filled with people quoting obscure spreadsheet stats that may or may not have been useful trying to squeeze out a 0.005% advantage as if baseball isn’t a sport where the best laid plans go out the window 70% of the time.

Now it’s filled with the people who are left from that time who got booed for repeatedly saying all that matters are homers and strikeouts.

Life is funny.

• ecallarman

“Red Sox game postponed, too much lingering rain….”

Is that a prediction or something that can be validated?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).