4:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -156 ) at Miami ( +144 ) — T: 8
    4:10 PM EST : Arizona ( +196 ) at San Diego ( -215 ) — T: 8
    4:10 PM EST : Texas ( +139 ) at Kansas City ( -150 ) — T: 9
    4:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( +105 ) at Cincinnati ( -115 ) — T: 7.5
    7:09 PM EST : NY Mets ( -136 ) at Washington ( +126 ) — T: 7
    10:05 PM EST : Chi Sox ( -120 ) at LA Angels ( +110 ) — T: 8.5
    10:07 PM EST : Houston ( -107 ) at Oakland ( -103 ) — T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( -113 ) at Seattle ( +103 ) — T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• celtics69

@ecallarman said...

“Red Sox game postponed, too much lingering rain….”

Is that a prediction or something that can be validated?

It’s is indeed postponed.

• BiGtIGeRs

50 lineups all braves stacks

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #56

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@thedkexperience said...

I love how the meta of this game has changed. 3-4 years ago this page would be filled with people quoting obscure spreadsheet stats that may or may not have been useful trying to squeeze out a 0.005% advantage as if baseball isn’t a sport where the best laid plans go out the window 70% of the time.

Now it’s filled with the people who are left from that time who got booed for repeatedly saying all that matters are homers and strikeouts.

Life is funny.

I’ll admit sometimes it makes more sense to just wing it, and play game theory and throw most advanced stats out the window, since they don’t guarantee anything that’ll happen today. I still think over the long term though they matter and give you some edge. I’ve definitely won MLB money following stats and spotting trends and finding players who were “due” based on stuff that no one would see on the surface.

Ultimately I think you can say the same about any sport in DFS though. How often do people dig through NBA stats or teams defensive schemes and how they can be exploited to determine player X should be able to excel here, for them to get the opportunities, but shoot 2-12, or pick up 2 quick fouls, or succumb to a blowout, or twist an ankle. Or in the NFL for a RB to be in a great spot, because his team loves to run him up the B gap on the left and the team they’re facing gives up 6.5 YPC to that spot, and adjusted line yards are hugely in their favor and so on, only for the opposing team to go up 21-0 before you can blink, and the run game be forced to go out the window.

I mean if we don’t dig into the stats to create our theories and approach we’re dismissing the skill, and admitting this is practically all luck and that’s no fun.

• thedkexperience

Don’t get me wrong … I very much believe in “the spreadsheet”. I think it’s vital to understand what most of the obscure stats mean, but as you pointed out, trying to pinpoint what stats matter on one particular day is often folly which is what the people I was speaking about seemed to be doing a lot a few years ago.

It was always something odd like “this batter has a 4% ISO increase against pitchers with this profile” and then be super salty when it didn’t work that day.

I personally like to keep it simple. Like “play Tatis and Machado against all lefties unless 31 year old Randy Johnson magically appears” type stuff. I’d probably still play them that day too!

• Joeyrockland1

So since Boston is postponed until Friday will the Fd game carry over or just do I need to just wipe them out of all lineups ? I think all players get 0 points but unsure lol

• Herf

Really going to dive into baseball DFS this year while NBA winds down. Need something other than PGA and NFL.

• wolfman3533

@Joeyrockland1 said...

So since Boston is postponed until Friday will the Fd game carry over or just do I need to just wipe them out of all lineups ? I think all players get 0 points but unsure lol

Wipe them, if you leave them in you will get a 0 today

• Joeyrockland1

@wolfman3533 said...

Wipe them, if you leave them in you will get a 0 today

Thanks dude ! I was all over Boston hitters .

• axman15

K’s are king, but I’m finding it very hard to look away from Hendricks in an ideal pitching environment vs probably the worst offence in baseball.

• mnstone14

No love for fried today?

• thedkexperience

@Joeyrockland1 said...

Wipe them. You will absolutely get all zeros.

Honestly this is a blessing in disguise for you. With the Yankees not on the 2PM slate the Red Sox ownership would have been NFL level high on a few of their players today. Opening day, opening week really, has a HARD east coast bias.

While I’m sure that some Red Sox could have a big day, you don’t want to be playing them when they are 35% owned when they should be 5 to 10% each.

• thedkexperience

@mnstone14 said...

No love for fried today?

I’m a Phillies fan who looks for reasons to hate the Braves. Fried is very worthy of a start today but you’re better off targeting the Phils on days when Nola isn’t on the mound. They’ll be plenty of games this year to play Fried when he gets the W against my squad in a 11-3 win. As great as the Braves offense is Nola is firmly capable of holding them in check for a game.

Essentially I don’t think his “win equity” (did I just invent that?) is as high today as other games this season against the Phillies.

• prater715

Are there any major weather concerns anywhere else?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #56

RG Tiered Ranking

@prater715 said...

Are there any major weather concerns anywhere else?

Nothing that would lead to a postponement.

• prater715

Thanks

• biga0787

You guys can laugh. And maybe I will be stupid for saying it later, if Hendricks is a good play kuhl in theory is as well. 30 degree temps 15mph wind blowing in. Could he get blown up yes… but he’s 6300 on FanDuel. I’ll have more than I probably
    Should

• thedkexperience

@biga0787 said...

You guys can laugh. And maybe I will be stupid for saying it later, if Hendricks is a good play kuhl in theory is as well. 30 degree temps 15mph wind blowing in. Could he get blown up yes… but he’s 6300 on FanDuel. I’ll have more than I probably
    Should

Kuhl has a 4.36 career ERA and a 1.417 career WHIP and is playing on the road while being backed by a team Vegas believes won’t win 60 games.

Hendricks is 3.12 and 1.105 playing at home for a team Vegas things is roughly average.

These two things are not the same. I mean do what you want, you’ll absolutely be different but this seems like a pretty unnecessary place to get cute.

And now watch Kuhl throw a perfect game with 17 strikeouts cause baseball.

• zeeshan2

No more Fantasy 5×5 anymore? WTH, I used them all last year ugh

• goboltsgo

3800 left on fd for util only running one LU in a SE should I take Blackmon so I have a piece of that game or do i take LeMahieu? Dont know much about baseball blurb says blackmon has been struggling……..

• thedkexperience

@goboltsgo said...

3800 left on fd for util only running one LU in a SE should I take Blackmon so I have a piece of that game or do i take LeMahieu? Dont know much about baseball blurb says blackmon has been struggling……..

Ignore all blurbs about veteran players unless it’s injury related. For guys like Blackmon and LeMahieu their spring stats mean absolutely nothing.

The only things you should really take from spring are breakouts for young guys who forced their way onto rosters or injury updates.

I once worked at the Cubs Spring Training facility. 10 year vets are way more concerned about their golf handicap in March than their batting average.

Both are fine plays. Go with your gut.

• emnj69

anybody having issues with fd
    every time I try to enter a roster I am getting
    Invalid roster. Please supply a valid roster for this contest.

• JIB7

Mets Nats PPD.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #56

RG Tiered Ranking

@emnj69 said...

anybody having issues with fd
    every time I try to enter a roster I am getting
    Invalid roster. Please supply a valid roster for this contest.

Wasn’t earlier. Dumb question, you’re sure you don’t have too many players from the same team?

• thedkexperience

Mets – Nats postponed for Covid.

• tmarohl

Mets Nats game postponed for Covid issues.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).