4:15 PM EST : Oakland ( 108 ) at Kansas City ( -117 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:35 PM EST : Arizona ( 134 ) at SF Giants ( -145 ) —- T: 8.5
    5:10 PM EST : Houston ( 119 ) at Seattle ( -129 ) —- T: 8
    7:05 PM EST : NY Mets ( -140 ) at Philadelphia ( 129 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:05 PM EST : St. Louis ( 116 ) at Washington ( -126 ) —- T: 8
    7:05 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 129 ) at Pittsburgh ( -140 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( 144 ) at Chi Cubs ( -156 ) —- T: —
    8:40 PM EST : San Diego ( 156 ) at Colorado ( -170 ) —- T: 11

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• depalma13

Ump blows strike three call and Judge homers on next pitch. That happens so much.

• TimmerRC

Damn, I knew one of Judge, Holliday or Carter would mash one… guess which two I rostered?

• thedkexperience

Tampa stack …

• mabrla

@thedkexperience said...

Tampa stack …

Have faith. Pineda can explode at any moment.

• TPSC

The only idiots in the stadium who don’t know Pineda is about to throw a two-strike slider in the dirt are the people wearing TB helmets.

• scruffylookingme

Holy crap – Pineda perfect with 9 Ks through six. How many saw that coming.

• Jacobkaiser1325

I literally could not have been more wrong with my picks today

• darrenqnguyen

Verlander is just bad today

• TimmerRC

Verlander is getting unsettled and chippy.

• TPSC

Rays look like they’ve never played baseball before.

• depalma13

No more perfect game

• TimmerRC

Pineda only 6% owned in the FD all-day contests… already 58 pts and counting.

• mabrla

Never bothers me when Pineda does well. I’ll never roster him and it will pay off more times than not. He is NEVER the play if you play one lineup every slate. Leave him for the max entry guys.

• TimmerRC

Considering I’ve got Pineda in 5/6 FD lineups… I really need some Yankees to crank a few more runs to protect him and maybe allow for a CG.

Edited to add: Thanks, Chase!

• ScoLuns

• Blogger of the Month

@scruffylookingme said...

evidently 12.9% of those on the FD $100K squeeze

• crazypaul

@mabrla said...

He is NEVER the play if you play one lineup every slate.

Actually, if you are playing GPPs & only using 1 lineup, he is a great play most of the time because of the volatility & low ownership.

• mabrla

@crazypaul said...

Actually, if you are playing GPPs & only using 1 lineup, he is a great play most of the time because of the volatility & low ownership.

His ownership is always too high. Always. He is an advanced metric anomaly.

One LU always take safe pitching and separate other places. You won’t survive playing one LU accepting volatility at pitcher over the course of a season…you’ll go broke lol.

• TnCowboy

21.1% in the Early QA on DK.

• txdave41

So unreal. Every day since Monday, the results have played out in a way to screw me the most. Last night, I missed the cash line by a 10th of a point. Now the Rays do nothing for me. Hopefully, Oakland will save me.

• depalma13

Morrison HR

• TimmerRC

@mabria, I hear what you are saying, but for me it depends on how many elite arms are available on the given day. If my pitching choices are Kershaw and then a bunch of midrange guys and I’m only running one or two lineups, I’ll go with Kershaw.

But if there is a day like today with Sale, Verlander, DeGrom, Lester, even Roark against STL… if I pick one top arm, chances are that it won’t be the best of the bunch. I’ll go with DeGrom and he’ll get me 40pts but Sale will get 50 and I’m now middle of the pack, etc. So on THOSE days, I’ll pay down and try to find a mid-priced arm who could reasonably match the mid-range of the elite group.

That’s a bit convoluted, but I hope it makes sense? I mean, it’s never a bad idea to go with the top arms, but I like this way to differentiate a bit.

• TimmerRC

Oh, don’t pull Pineda with Mallex Smith standing there with 2 outs.

• ScoLuns

• Blogger of the Month

You have a good shot with Oakland. I’m a huge Royals fan (going to a game next Tuesday) but with Kennedy, a fly ball pitcher, pitching with 18MPH wind blowing out (he gave up 33 big fly’s in 2016) its a good chance that both pitchers get roughed up.

Couple that with all the emotion of being opening day in KC and honoring Ventura, KC is either going to dominate or completely implode due to emotions.

FWIW I have stacked the game with 2 Oakland and 3 KC players myself. Neither pitcher as I was staying away from this game on that

• plaudati

Cargo or marte for 705 slate

• mabrla

@TimmerRC said...

@mabria, I hear what you are saying, but for me it depends on how many elite arms are available on the given day. If my pitching choices are Kershaw and then a bunch of midrange guys and I’m only running one or two lineups, I’ll go with Kershaw.

But if there is a day like today with Sale, Verlander, DeGrom, Lester, even Roark against STL… if I pick one top arm, chances are that it won’t be the best of the bunch. I’ll go with DeGrom and he’ll get me 40pts but Sale will get 50 and I’m now middle of the pack, etc. So on THOSE days, I’ll pay down and try to find a mid-priced arm who could reasonably match the mid-range of the elite group.

That’s a bit convoluted, but I hope it makes sense? I mean, it’s never a bad idea to go with the top arms, but I like this way to differentiate a bit.

I feel you. I was in love with OAK 3-7 so no need to come away from Sale/Verlander. If I have a stack that I must play I’ll throw scrubs in there too sometimes. Pineda is just a no-go for me though. Always someone safer that can get close enough.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).