7:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( -185 ) at Miami ( 170 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( -132 ) at Texas ( 122 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Houston ( -154 ) at Minnesota ( 142 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Seattle ( -115 ) at Kansas City ( 106 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 159 ) at St. Louis ( -173 ) —- T: 8
    8:40 PM EST : San Diego ( 142 ) at Colorado ( -154 ) —- T: 10
    10:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 114 ) at LA Dodgers ( -123 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:15 PM EST : Arizona ( 119 ) at SF Giants ( -129 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Tonio217

Just look at PlateIQ has numbers against DeGrom pitch types were off the charts. Iso was over 200 for most of has pitches.

• MrMadness001

@SlackerAtDFS said...

I love and hate MLB DFS, I’m looking at my lineups and I have a couple live one’s that would be good, one with 76 pts and 53 PIR, both pitches still to go, Corbin and Manaea and I’m thinking do I have a shot, and the truth is probably not, but really I have no clue.

Call Mister Meeseeks for help with MLB DFS.

On second thought never mind he would live forever because it’s not an easy task for a Meeseeks to figure out.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #99

RG Tiered Ranking

@SlackerAtDFS said...

I love and hate MLB DFS, I’m looking at my lineups and I have a couple live one’s that would be good, one with 76 pts and 53 PIR, both pitches still to go, Corbin and Manaea and I’m thinking do I have a shot, and the truth is probably not, but really I have no clue.

I know the feeling my cash lineup is at 104 points with Corbin still to pitch with Arenado/Trout/Andrus/Pirela still playing and I’m still thinking I need at least probably 25 out of Corbin and who knows if that will even be enough.

• SlackerAtDFS

OOOhhhhhhh Weeeeeeee I’m Mr. Meeseeks………….help you win a GPP, no problem. Sigh* If only it was that easy.

• MrMadness001

@SlackerAtDFS said...

OOOhhhhhhh Weeeeeeee I’m Mr. Meeseeks………….help you win a GPP, no problem. Sigh* If only it was that easy.

Ok Meeseeks I’ll do it I’ll stack the Marlins!!! Anything you say!

Ohhhhhhh were way past that Jerry!!!!!

• jhpog

I didn’t play Bour but he was on my list of people to look at as 1-2 ofs (along with Dietrich) due to ISO v R, Price, Lineup spot, and HC% of opposing pitcher. Last year deGrom gave up 31% hard contact, Bour’s iso vs RHP is 238, he was 2.9k, and he was batting 4th. Toss in the fact that he was against one of the pitchers likely leading the % owned and he was a viable one off.

Of course, I ended up not going that way and a large % of the time that you do go there it won’t work out. But with all those factors I can see how others went with him.

Edit: Meant to quote the person asking about that play, sorry

• deadphish

$1 hu…please fill

https://dkn.gs/r/FwPpd7c92ka4SoZvoyiRTw

• mellofellowsu

@MrMadness001 said...

Season just started bud. Hang in there and just stick to bankroll management.

Yeah just venting. Most of my friends don’t do DFS and none of them do it seriously so you guys are all I have lol.

• SlackerAtDFS

No one I know plays DFS seriously, it’s a drag, be nice to have those people to bounce game theory around……..the forums are alright, but everyone know’s everything, whereas I know I know nothing

• thedkexperience

• eatmyturf23

@RandysCrow said...

I apparently got to stop doubting the Marlin bats!

Or start doubting the Mets starters!

edit: I hate Thor still for yesterdays semi-dud and deGrom today for his dud. I have a 174.40 FD lineup and counting higher, with 3 bats still in middle innings. What could have been, ugggggghh lol.

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

@MrMadness001 said...

LOL Good old RG forum. The game is literally still in inning 1 LOL

Is it time to panic now? 16 K’s and only 4 runs through 6 innings…

• txdave41

The one night I go big on Rhys. I swear it’s like I am a curse on these players. I have a shot at winning on Draft though if Correa would just do something. Anything dammit.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #99

RG Tiered Ranking

damn I originally like the Dbacks when I saw Beede was listed as starter on DK but everywhere else had Cueto as the starter so I backed off and never went back to it

• Thechamp1995

RG Overall Ranking

RENFROEE

• MrMadness001

Come on Coors wake up baby woooooooooo

• eatmyturf23

@mellofellowsu said...

Yeah just venting. Most of my friends don’t do DFS and none of them do it seriously so you guys are all I have lol.

• eatmyturf23

Crazy night, all my scores in order of $ invested…

I’m winning back $19.20 from $15. Would have been a good night for 50/50s, I only played two $1 50/50s.

• thedkexperience

My 182 might actually not cash in quintuple-ups.

• eatmyturf23

Margot just got legitimately DRILLED by reliever Oberg. Right in the kidney or side of ribs, it seemed, guess we’ll see.

Edit: He’s done for the night, down to the lockers.

• eatmyturf23

Wow, and Oberg’s first pitch to Pirela comes up and in on him. Pirela looks concerned about this heh.

• txdave41

How the hell is the cash line so high? Not that many ppl were on Red Sox or Bour. 152 pts and I won’t cash. Fuck this shit

• cjs5555

@txdave41 said...

How the hell is the cash line so high? Not that many ppl were on Red Sox or Bour. 152 pts and I won’t cash. Fuck this shit

this is just one of those nights…. on a slate with deGrom, Sale and Strasburg as ace choices…. deGrom is 10% owned, Sale 20% and Stras 30%… huh? I’m guessing recency bias due to Scherzer’s outing last night. Solid secondary choices in Severino and Martinez and even Keuchel in cold weather at $9k. But Severino shits the bed (seriously, Red Sox score 14 against a legit #1?), CMart and Keuchel also struggle. And Nola, in that ballpark, with his weakness vs. lefties, is also 30% owned and puts up 2nd highest score. Maybe this was a big night for lineup buyers? who knows. Also, Trout with awful history vs. Perez hits a dong… and Wilmer Flores, chalk punt, goes off. Perfect storm tonight for a super high cash line.

• cjs5555

my initial take on tomorrow’s early slate pitching….

Robbie Ray — not a great spot for him as SF theoretically doesn’t K much and has lots of RHBs that are GB hitters. But the ballpark helps. My instinct is he doesn’t pay off his price.

McCullers — great BvP in limited sample size, but MIN hitters actually matchup well against him (lots of FB RHBs). He has trouble with pitching efficiently, so he seems to rarely make the 7th inning and we’re early in the season. Weather may help though. Maybe worth it?

Paxton — mediocre BvP but KC lineup a good matchup for him. he’s my favorite ace but not without risk.

Gibson — holy shit do I dare start him against HOU? Numbers say so, but it doesn’t feel good.

Duffy — great BvP, but my numbers say mediocre matchup. I’ll probably avoid him.

McCarthy — ummm…I like the ballpark factors? WAS is a crapshoot lineup…sometimes they rule, sometimes not. I might start him, wind might sway me one way vs. another.

Wainwright — maybe my favorite starter in early slate tomorrow w/ combo of ballpark, weather and K potential, but it’s too early in season to know if he has anything left. His first start wasn’t inspiring.

Marquez — bad matchup numbers and ballpark, but SD is also bad. crapshoot

Perdomo — I think he gets lit up

Guerra — total crapshoot. STL looks awful but he may be too

Shields — great BvP and a theoretically bad matchup. my instinct is to stack against him

Cole — I want to stack against him given matchup and history but that seems too easy. another crapshoot. ATL generally hasn’t been a big K team despite the last 2 nights vs. Scherzer and Strasburg. I think they do OK again him tomorrow but the ballpark may help him.

• cjs5555

also, DK has added Yonny Chirinos as the probable starter for TB. He looks interesting vs. CWS, especially for $4500 on DK

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).