7:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( -185 ) at Miami ( 170 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( -132 ) at Texas ( 122 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Houston ( -154 ) at Minnesota ( 142 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Seattle ( -115 ) at Kansas City ( 106 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 159 ) at St. Louis ( -173 ) —- T: 8
    8:40 PM EST : San Diego ( 142 ) at Colorado ( -154 ) —- T: 10
    10:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 114 ) at LA Dodgers ( -123 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:15 PM EST : Arizona ( 119 ) at SF Giants ( -129 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• biga0787

I don’t see paying 10300 for chatwood. Think stacking pit and sox and taking fulmer and not sure about nova?

• thedkexperience

@depalma13 said...

Braves look better than 80% of the teams in MLB right now. Strasburg against hot bats doesn’t usually end well.

Hahahaha, come on.

The Braves stink. I know it. You should know it. They played well for a few days and then just got buzzsawed yesterday.

At the end of the season they’ll have about 75 wins and before June 1st they’ll be irrelevant.

If you are using a stat from 10 days worth of games to talk yourself into the Braves being an actual MLB team and not Freddie Freeman and 24 just-a-guys then you’re thinking too hard.

• Ndepompei

@biga0787 said...

I don’t see paying 10300 for chatwood. Think stacking pit and sox and taking fulmer and not sure about nova?

I’m going Fulmer/Snell and taking all PIT/CHC bats

• Luctyl99

@thedkexperience said...

Hahahaha, come on.

The Braves stink. I know it. You should know it. They played well for a few days and then just got buzzsawed yesterday.

At the end of the season they’ll have about 75 wins and before June 1st they’ll be irrelevant.

If you are using a stat from 10 days worth of games to talk yourself into the Braves being an actual MLB team and not Freddie Freeman and 24 just-a-guys then you’re thinking too hard.

Inciarte, Albies, Freeman, Markakis, and Tucker are all above average hitters. I’m not sure how you can say that a team stinks because they got shut out by arguably the best pitcher in the league?

• Semaj89

I might go Corbin/Manea in cash. Should be enough to fit some Coors bats in my line up, cause Arrenado is obviously going 4/4 today

• monarch

Weather plays a big factor in my pitcher selection. It’s a pretty raw day in the mid atlantic today which is a plus to guys like Stras who can bring the heat.

• Ndepompei

Sounds like Ian Kinsler might be back today

• thedkexperience

@Luctyl99 said...

Inciarte, Albies, Freeman, Markakis, and Tucker are all above average hitters. I’m not sure how you can say that a team stinks because they got shut out by arguably the best pitcher in the league?

Strasburg is no worse than a top 10 pitcher and can easily mow down the Braves.

And you just named 1 great player, 2 ok ones, a guy on a hot streak who isn’t that great, and a guy who topped out at above average in roughly 2011. That lineup is hot garbage.

• depalma13

@thedkexperience said...

Hahahaha, come on.

I could care less where they are in June or how many wins they have in September. I care how hot their bats are now and who they are facing.

• Luctyl99

@depalma13 said...

I could care less where they are in June or how many wins they have in September. I care how hot their bats are now and who they are facing.

No use in arguing he is always correct no matter what.

• BUFUu2

@biga0787 said...

honestly on the early slate money really shouldn’t be a option on this i bet the winning lineup will have plenty of extra money left on the table

• BUFUu2

@depalma13 said...

i agree on this i been playing atlanta bats for awhile and they haven’t let me down. I like that flach guy he is a good rookie….

• lloydjv1

@biga0787 said...

My thoughts exactly. Law of averages may say this is the safe bet.

• thedkexperience

@depalma13 said...

“Momentum is the next day’s starting pitcher.” – Earl Weaver

They were only hot until they ran into a fully stretched out ace starter and guess what they get today? A fully stretched out ace starter. Enjoy their “hot streak”. What they do against bums like Blake Lively has no baring on how they will look against real pitching.

• biga0787

About 2800 hopefully. Winner is going to chop probably 200 ways on day slate

• thedkexperience

@Luctyl99 said...

No use in arguing he is always correct no matter what.

I’m not always right. Far from it. But I’ve been winning a lot and that’s what matters.

• depalma13

@thedkexperience said...

“Momentum is the next day’s starting pitcher.” – Earl Weaver

They were only hot until they ran into a fully stretched out ace starter and guess what they get today? A fully stretched out ace starter. Enjoy their “hot streak”. What they do against bums like Blake Lively has no baring on how they will look against real pitching.

So a week ago was Scherzer a bum when they lit him up? Just curious.

• mbunner23

@thedkexperience said...

I’m not always right. Far from it. But I’ve been winning a lot and that’s what matters.

You seem to brag a lot for a guy who’s never placed top 10 in any GPP.

• thedkexperience

@depalma13 said...

So a week ago was Scherzer a bum when they lit him up? Just curious.

No. He’s amazing and they got him. It happens. Even the worst MLB players are still really good and capable of winning (or even dominating) on any day. Consistently doing it over and over again is a different story.

Things like this are why I always promote expensive pitchers and inexpensive bats but 10 solid days (or a one game sample) is a blip on the radar over 162. If you start Scherzer 32 times you’re gonna get 25 great performances and occasionally he’ll get hit hard.

All I’m saying here is be real with yourselves. Did any of you really think 2 weeks ago that the Braves were some offensive juggernaut? Nothing has changed except they had a solid week. We could easily be sitting here next week and they’ve gone into a Washington National’s pitching staff enduced tailspin.

• Luctyl99

@mbunner23 said...

Well he also just said that Albies and Inciarte are not above average hitters, “just ok”, and somehow Markakis hasn’t been good since 2011 even though he has averaged 170 hits per year since 2011.

• thedkexperience

@mbunner23 said...

I won a single entry on opening day, got 11th in a GPP 2 days ago, and cashed in the over 145 literally last night.

For a guy who usually plays $1 and $2 games I’d say being up $600 already is pretty good.

• thedkexperience

@Luctyl99 said...

Well he also just said that Albies and Inciarte are not above average hitters, “just ok”, and somehow Markakis hasn’t been good since 2011 even though he has averaged 170 hits per year since 2011.

He also hasn’t hit 20 homers since 2008 and you’re playing a game of guess the homerun. He’s great for a solid 6 points though!

• Benny0069

@thedkexperience said...

I won a single entry on opening day, got 11th in a GPP 2 days ago, and cashed in the over 145 literally last night.

For a guy who usually plays $1 and $2 games I’d say being up $600 already is pretty good.

teach me your ways baller

• Ndepompei

Man I love getting home from work and getting to watch my Indians right away but it is real frustrating to not get them on any main slates for these home April games

• thedkexperience

@Benny0069 said...

teach me your ways baller

1 – pay up for pitching
    2 – find the least expensive power bat at each IF position
    3 – ideally 2 near minimum priced OFs batting near leadoff
    4 – spend everything else on one superstar OF in a smash spot and the most talented player left at UT

If you gotta do a pivot LU just change your pitcher only and leave the salary savings on the table. There you go.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).