7:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( -185 ) at Miami ( 170 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( -132 ) at Texas ( 122 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Houston ( -154 ) at Minnesota ( 142 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Seattle ( -115 ) at Kansas City ( 106 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 159 ) at St. Louis ( -173 ) —- T: 8
    8:40 PM EST : San Diego ( 142 ) at Colorado ( -154 ) —- T: 10
    10:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 114 ) at LA Dodgers ( -123 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:15 PM EST : Arizona ( 119 ) at SF Giants ( -129 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Benny0069

@thedkexperience said...

pay up for pitching 2 – find the least expensive power bat at each IF position 3 – ideally 2 near minimum priced OFs batting near leadoff 4 – spend everything else on one superstar OF in a smash spot and the most talented player left at UT

If you gotta do a pivot LU just change your pitcher only and leave the salary savi

Youre Amazing! Thanks for the helpful advice Im going to call you my Guru Bhagwan

• thedkexperience

@Benny0069 said...

Youre Amazing! Thanks for the helpful advice Im going to call you my Guru Bhagwan

• Luctyl99

@thedkexperience said...

He also hasn’t hit 20 homers since 2008 and you’re playing a game of guess the homerun. He’s great for a solid 6 points though!

This wasn’t even about a fantasy perspective it’s about the Braves lineup not sucking??? What you just said was not even related to the topic

• thedkexperience

@Luctyl99 said...

This wasn’t even about a fantasy perspective it’s about the Braves lineup not sucking??? What you just said was not even related to the topic

He’s been hitting cleanup and has no power. That’s a great way to have a sucky lineup.

If you’re not getting 30 homers from your cleanup hitter in today’s game – especially when it’s a right fielder – you’re not above average. You’re just a guy.

• Luctyl99

@thedkexperience said...

He’s been hitting cleanup and has no power. That’s a great way to have a sucky lineup.

If you’re not getting 30 homers from your cleanup hitter in today’s game – especially when it’s a right fielder – you’re not above average. You’re just a guy.

In 2010, 2012, and 2014 when the Giants won the World Series, Buster Posey hit cleanup. He hit 18, 24, and 22 homeruns. Does this make those teams bad? You’re trying to make up statistics that aren’t even credible

• depalma13

@thedkexperience said...

No. He’s amazing and they got him. It happens. Even the worst MLB players are still really good and capable of winning (or even dominating) on any day. Consistently doing it over and over again is a different story.

Things like this are why I always promote expensive pitchers and inexpensive bats but 10 solid days (or a one game sample) is a blip on the radar over 162. If you start Scherzer 32 times you’re gonna get 25 great performances and occasionally he’ll get hit hard.

All I’m saying here is be real with yourselves. Did any of you really think 2 weeks ago that the Braves were some offensive juggernaut? Nothing has changed except they had a solid week. We could easily be sitting here next week and they’ve gone into a Washington National’s pitching staff enduced tailspin.

Why does it matter what I thought of them two weeks ago or for that matter what I am going to think of them two weeks from now? I care about one day, today. I see a suspected ace struggling, facing a hitter who owns him with several other hot bats in the lineup. I’m not in this to cash. I’m in this to win thousands taking down gpps.

• thedkexperience

@Luctyl99 said...

In 2010, 2012, and 2014 when the Giants won the World Series, Buster Posey hit cleanup. He hit 18, 24, and 22 homeruns. Does this make those teams bad? You’re trying to make up statistics that aren’t even credible

And now go look at the homer rates per season for the full league. There was an astronomical rise in power last season. It’s a completely different league now.

Also Posey is a 1st ballot Hall of Famer who has won batting titles and MVPs. Comparing a catcher to an outfielder is silly.

• thedkexperience

@depalma13 said...

Why does it matter what I thought of them two weeks ago or for that matter what I am going to think of them two weeks from now? I care about one day, today. I see a suspected ace struggling, facing a hitter who owns him with several other hot bats in the lineup. I’m not in this to cash. I’m in this to win thousands taking down gpps.

And that’s fine and I respect that approach. That could totally work. It could also backfire terribly as you know.

When I see the matchup I see an ace who is likely to feast on a team playing above it’s head.

It’s your money man. Play it how you want to. I’m just pointing out that betting against allstar pitchers isn’t a good bet.

• Luctyl99

@thedkexperience said...

And now go look at the homer rates per season for the full league. There was an astronomical rise in power last season. It’s a completely different league now.

Also Posey is a 1st ballot Hall of Famer who has won batting titles and MVPs. Comparing a catcher to an outfielder is silly.

You’re really good at deflecting the conversation into something that it isn’t. I was never comparing Posey to Markakis. I was stating a fact that you do not have to have your cleanup hitter hit 30+ homeruns in order to be a good team. You’d be a very good politician though!

• RandysCrow

Me….reading the forum dialogue today!!!

• Ronboogie6

Anyone seeing a way to get an ace with an angels stack including trout and Upton. I can’t seem to make it work.

• thedkexperience

@Luctyl99 said...

You’re really good at deflecting the conversation into something that it isn’t. I was never comparing Posey to Markakis. I was stating a fact that you do not have to have your cleanup hitter hit 30+ homeruns in order to be a good team. You’d be a very good politician though!

Until they see my track record in strip clubs.

Wait that’s ok now!

• thedkexperience

Day slate pitching is U-G-L-Y.

• 7klub06

@Ndepompei said...

anybody playing early slate? wind blowing out at both stadiums

I’m playing hope it don’t get cancelled

• cheezpizza

@thedkexperience said...

Strasburg is no worse than a top 10 pitcher and can easily mow down the Braves.

And you just named 1 great player, 2 ok ones, a guy on a hot streak who isn’t that great, and a guy who topped out at above average in roughly 2011. That lineup is hot garbage.

Strasburg has constantly been rocked by the Braves in his career. Feel free to go look at his career vs them.
    Don’t be a hater just to hate, have something other than unsubstantiated opinion.

• bigez952

@cheezpizza said...

Strasburg has constantly been rocked by the Braves in his career. Feel free to go look at his career vs them.
    Don’t be a hater just to hate, have something other than unsubstantiated opinion.

Wasn’t this argument posted all over the thread yesterday as well about Scherzer how he can’t handle the 6 lefties and they always hit him hard throughout this career. Hard to look at career numbers for the Braves when most of the current roster wasn’t even around a few years ago. I am glad so many think the Braves lineup is elite as cash games were nice yesterday on DK having Scherzer put up 48+ at 15% ownership.

• thedkexperience

@cheezpizza said...

I agree that he has been bad against them. My disagreement is that it is in any way relevant. He is now in his prime and they are not a good lineup.

If you think that he has some magical phobia against the laundry Atlanta wears than by all means stack away against him. I’m betting that his talent will overcome any past issues and he’ll be the beast he normally is.

• thedkexperience

@bigez952 said...

Wasn’t this argument posted all over the thread yesterday as well about Scherzer how he can’t handle the 6 lefties and they always hit him hard throughout this career. Hard to look at career numbers for the Braves when most of the current roster wasn’t even around a few years ago. I am glad so many think the Braves lineup is elite as cash games were nice yesterday on DK having Scherzer put up 48+ at 15% ownership.

Yes it was.

Same exact story.

• monarch

@cheezpizza said...

He faced ATL four times last season and in three of those games he struck out at least 10 batters. He did have the one blowup game. Only Freeman has what I would consider good numbers vs him.

Edit: I’m wrong..He had two blowup games vs them last season. So flip a coin if you care about game logs

• Ndepompei

@Ronboogie6 said...

Anyone seeing a way to get an ace with an angels stack including trout and Upton. I can’t seem to make it work.

If you consider severino/Martinez aces then yes

• bigez952

@thedkexperience said...

Yes it was.

Same exact story.

Good in that case the Braves are elite and should be avoided at all costs. In my Yahoo pro league someone just traded Gary Sanchez away for Dansby Swanson just to get a piece of the Braves offense. I know I am missing something somewhere and I am sure it will cost me by underestimating them.

• thedkexperience

@bigez952 said...

Good in that case the Braves are elite and should be avoided at all costs. In my Yahoo pro league someone just traded Gary Sanchez away for Dansby Swanson just to get a piece of the Braves offense. I know I am missing something somewhere and I am sure it will cost me by underestimating them.

That’s great. You just explained perfectly why I have a no trades until June 1st policy in my season long league.

Well … unless someone wants to give me Jose Ramirez because he’s “terrible”.

• biga0787

@Ndepompei said...

If you consider severino/Martinez aces then yes

Martinez is an ace or a pitcher with control issues. Depending on day. Today he should be an ace in a pitcher friendly park against a team he destroyed last week

• Ndepompei

@biga0787 said...

Martinez is an ace or a pitcher with control issues. Depending on day. Today he should be an ace in a pitcher friendly park against a team he destroyed last week

I agree and I’m playing him so wouldn’t be surprised with 5 walks and 100 pitches through 5 innings today

• bigez952

@thedkexperience said...

That’s great. You just explained perfectly why I have a no trades until June 1st policy in my season long league.

Well … unless someone wants to give me Jose Ramirez because he’s “terrible”.

I have come to hate Yahoo Pro Leagues and it is only 1 week in since you can’t veto trades in those and can only protest unfair trades. However Yahoo will not overturn trades based on dumb decisions by managers so it will go through. I have Freddie Freeman in that league so I should look on the bright side as I probably could get whatever I wanted for him if Dansby Swanson is that valuable.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).