7:05 PM EST : NY Mets ( -134 ) at Philadelphia ( 124 ) —- T: 8
    7:07 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 176 ) at Toronto ( -192 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 114 ) at Boston ( -123 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Atlanta ( 120 ) at Miami ( -130 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:40 PM EST : San Diego ( 156 ) at Colorado ( -170 ) —- T: 11.5
    10:07 PM EST : Texas ( 104 ) at LA Angels ( -112 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Houston ( -121 ) at Seattle ( 112 ) —- T: 8
    10:15 PM EST : Arizona ( 115 ) at SF Giants ( -125 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• thedkexperience

What’s your guys H2H vs GPP split percentage? I try to do 1 to 3 lineups in each GPP of $5 and under per slate and then mix in about $50 of H2H or 5050s. It’s probably a 60/40 split but I haven’t run my own numbers for this season. Cash had been doing quite well for me until yesterday afternoon’s 0-25 disaster. I’m thinking of simply moving to more $25 5050s instead of those $1 H2Hs 25 times a slate.

• Whacko

All I am asking is that I dont run into another Glasnow situation tonight. Once you go that negative it takes alot to even cash…

If I can nail my pitching I am pretty confident that I will cash.
    Im thinking after tonight I might jump over to FD… and do more there as it seems the 1 pitcher format suits me better

• thedkexperience

@bucherpsu08 said...

A 1.92 HR/9 in Coors is a recipe for disaster.

If he goes 5 and only gives up 1 homer there will be some salty Rockies backers tonight. 1.92 per 9 sounds awful, well it is awful, but still, that’s a little misleading since it’s not like Weaver will go 9. It essentially says he gives up 1 homer per start.

• bucherpsu08

It’s not misleading. It’s one of the more important stats you should be looking at when targeting hitters. It’s the 2nd highest HR/9 on the slate, second to Miranda (2 but a much smaller sample size). He also has a 1.46 WHIP and a 5.16 K/9 (both bottom of the barrel today).

• Monty1507

So my question is, Is it better to stack teams based on how much you think they will score or focus more on BvP stats or try to do stacks along with your stragglers off BvP?
    I have been a lot of stacks this season and I always pick the one that busts except for opening day I hit big. Any suggestions?

• River2009

If anyone else is taking a shot on the early only slate you’re crazy if you don’t stack Detroit hitters

• monarch

And the Rockies are due and if Weaver gets rocked the Padres are likely to turn to a long reliever subject to being rocked as well.

• hcassidy

@Whacko said...

All I am asking is that I dont run into another Glasnow situation tonight. Once you go that negative it takes alot to even cash…

If I can nail my pitching I am pretty confident that I will cash.
    Im thinking after tonight I might jump over to FD… and do more there as it seems the 1 pitcher format suits me better

That seems to be my problem this year is nailing down the 2nd pitcher, because of the pricing on the Bats this year on DK. For example 2 players from the Whitesox seem absolutely and grossly overpriced for today. IE.. Cody Asche 6th) going back to last year is 4/27 with 13 SO, 2 walks and 0 RBIs and priced at 4.4K, the other being Jacob May 9th) who is 0/12 this year with 5 SO, 1 walk and 2 RBI’s and priced at 4.2K. There is no way in hell I would play either, both of them to me seem like they should be Minimum priced.

Yesterday I played 1 $3.00 Tournament on Fd(afternoon slate) and cashed for 20.00. Seems easier to construct a solid L/U over there as the pricing is softer.

• thedkexperience

@bucherpsu08 said...

It’s not misleading. It’s one of the more important stats you should be looking at when targeting hitters. It’s the 2nd highest HR/9 on the slate, second to Miranda (2 but a much smaller sample size). He also has a 1.46 WHIP and a 5.16 K/9 (both bottom of the barrel today).

I get that Weaver is awful. I am not arguing that. I’m just saying all you can realistically expect is 1 homerun mathematically. If he goes, say 4.1 with 3 earned runs and 1 homer given up, it’s not exactly lighting the world on fire for your Rockies stack.

Ratios can often be misleading. It’s like when you describe an NFL QB as accurate because he completes 64% of his passes but inaccurate when he completes 56%. That’s only 2 screen passes to a running back per every 25 throws. It’s not really an accurate representation of accuracy.

To repeat … I agree that all of those stats equals Weaver sucks and should be a target. I’m just saying that 1.92 homers per 9 still only equates to 1 homer per start, not almost 2 as a laymen could very well think at first glance.

• DontTrustTheProcess

@noddy said...

Anyone on Dylan Bundy for GPP?

Me. Huge K potential

• Supersharpie

@winnerchickendinner said...

Meh that Padres pitcher yesterday was not a extreme fly ball pitcher like weaver is.

Here is the thing, the Rockies’ lu sucks right now. They are stuck in a horrible team slump right now. They need to have a breakout game before I invest in them.

• BUFUu2

@River2009 said...

If anyone else is taking a shot on the early only slate you’re crazy if you don’t stack Detroit hitters

Detroit hasn’t really been hot this year so far with the bats. I am going MINN and the Sox. I like MIN pitcher a lot better then Boyd

• feekdogg

@River2009 said...

Call me crazy then, because I’m stacking against Boyd. Really good BVP numbers for the Twins.

• vandymark

Cargo off to a slow start.. you would think he would have a huge night soon, right? Tonight will be that night.,… facing Jared “trash” Weaver in Denver? LOCK!

• kdub

@feekdogg said...

Call me crazy then, because I’m stacking against Boyd. Really good BVP numbers for the Twins.

BVP is irrelevant at that small of a sample size… although I dont think much of Matt Boyd

• firepimp

What in the eff happened to the fanduel single entry tournaments? The nice decent 5 and 10 dollar ones with about 1000-5000 entrants. I’m a fanduel guy through and through, but they have nerfed their system so much it kills me inside. I enjoy playing a few 25 dollar head to heads a night, a 25 dollar tournament entry a night and all the single entry tournaments. There is honestly nothing but crap, crap and more crap in my opinion. I hate the late swap stuff but whatever I can make due with that. But it’s like once they added that its either you have to play a 3-5 dollar tournament with 50 thousand entrant 150 lineups max. Or play some super small entry game where 25 entries are still allowed in a 100-500 person GPP. Very disappointed in Fanduel for changing everything up this year. I’m easy going and can adjust but they’re honestly pandering to very new players and players with hugely deep pockets. Give us mediocre guys our single entry tournaments back.

• Supersharpie

Thinking of starting Santiago instead of Carrasco in the early slate if for no other reason than that Carrasco will likely be 70% owned. Is this totally ill-advised?

• vandymark

@Supersharpie said...

Thinking of starting Santiago instead of Carrasco in the early slate if for no other reason than that Carrasco will likely be 70% owned. Is this totally ill-advised?

Not at all. If you’re a single entry guy then you almost have to take that risk of picking someone other than Carrasco. if you’re wanting to win a GPP that is

• bigsmoot2

I just signed up for FD, and actually like their single entry cheap GPP stuff, compared to DK. DK doesn’t have many single entry GPPs and some slates don’t have any, and the ones that do have it fill up very quickly (the $3 and $5 single entry games for tonight are already filled and gone on DK). I like the fact that FD has single entry GPP for small slates as well, where DK won’t have any on some slates. It seems like it has changed quite a bit from last season.

• thedkexperience

Just realized I got 4 tickets into the “Enormous Squeeze” tonight.

Let’s go Marlins, CLAP-CLAP-CLAPCLAPCLAP!!

• bigsmoot2

Pitching tonight is a bit of a crapshoot, kinda gunshy after DeGrom and Glasnow last night, ouch.

• kdub

CIN vs PIT weather looks concerning at this point

• Orty1370

FanDuel Lineup question…
    Only have $10.9K left for SP & 1B.

Option 1: Pomeranz/Morales
    Option 2:Happ/Mancini (figuring he starts against the lefty)
    Option 3: ?

Thanks.

• Ibleedblue1

On the early slate if you pick any pitcher not named Carlos, you can just go down and click the highest salary player. In order to win one of these you will have to do something weird and hope it works or just tie with everyone else…..

• murphstahoe

@River2009 said...

Opening day in Cleveland vs James Shields. I’m stacking the Indians.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.