1:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -121 ) at Detroit ( 112 ) —- T: 7.5
    1:15 PM EST : Seattle ( -126 ) at Kansas City ( 116 ) —- T: 10.5
    1:15 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -141 ) at St. Louis ( 130 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 176 ) at Boston ( -191 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:20 PM EST : NY Mets ( 112 ) at Atlanta ( -121 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:05 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 123 ) at Chi Cubs ( -133 ) —- T: —
    9:40 PM EST : San Diego ( 0 ) at Arizona ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:45 PM EST : Colorado ( -122 ) at SF Giants ( 113 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Orty1370

Chris Davis is Five Benjamins on FD…

• biga0787

If he is in starting lineup he will be 90% owned. Probability says he will eventually stumble into a hit and while he is 500 you have to take him I think

• Orty1370

Batting 7th…I don’t care what he does, I have $1500 saving from anyone who doesn’t play him (or potentially 4.5 FP’s).

• cjs5555

Look at those winds! Makes me a little nervous to use Buehler against all that STL RHB power, but also makes a bad matchup for Wacha worse. Bieber facing a DET lineup with only 2 LHBs. SEA/KC bats should play well, liking CLE vs. Turnbull. For value pitching I think you’re picking between Bundy and Brooks; both are risky but facing lineups not necessarily constructed to take advantage of their weaknesses.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@cjs5555 said...

Look at those winds! Makes me a little nervous to use Buehler against all that STL RHB power, but also makes a bad matchup for Wacha worse. Bieber facing a DET lineup with only 2 LHBs. SEA/KC bats should play well, liking CLE vs. Turnbull. For value pitching I think you’re picking between Bundy and Brooks; both are risky but facing lineups not necessarily constructed to take advantage of their weaknesses.

Agree pretty much. DK isn’t offering up much for this early slate or the main slate for that matter. Was expecting with the NBA off today they’d have stepped up, but I guess it’s a golf day. Anyway, this has lead me to deciding to max enter the $1 mini-max this afternoon so my approach my be different than someone making just a few line ups.

So yeah, I’m going after that wind in STL and KC. Mostly with KC/SEA/LAD bats, less so the STL bats. Cincy bats have been hot so I’m going to follow the trend there even though Lopez isn’t really a bad pitcher. It’s ugly in Detroit today. I have more way interest in Turnbull and Bieber than either teams bats. I think there’s enough value bats in good spots, that I’m not needing to go after the value pitching, but again with 150 line ups it’d be borderline idiotic to not sprinkle in some of these cheaper pitchers. Thinking I’m ranking todays pitchers as Bieber/Gray/Buehler/Turnbull then Bundy since that K upside is still there. After that it’s really just who might catch enough breaks to do just OK and not hurt you. It could be anybody.

• Njsum1

Nice little early slate. Even with the wind I’m going to have a little Buehler.

The DK pricing has come down to earth so I don’t think you have to get too creative with the pitching. Don’t mind a Bieber/Turnbull pairing in most lineups then trying to win it with the bats.

Looking at a 3 through 7 Cindy stack for contrarian. Not the best raw points play, yet likely low owned and if it hits, well, you know. And then the obvious spots.

And when all else fails…

• TBforPrez

STL lineup looks a little weak right? Sure Goldy and DeJong are in but after them (with no Carpenter or Ozuna) it is weak.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@TBforPrez said...

STL lineup looks a little weak right? Sure Goldy and DeJong are in but after them (with no Carpenter or Ozuna) it is weak.

Yes and No. Weaker? Yes. Weak? I don’t know. O’Neil has some thump. Wouldn’t shock me at all with the way the wind is blowing out if he put one in the seats.

• Benf15harp

@Pandamonious said...

Yes and No. Weaker? Yes. Weak? I don’t know. O’Neil has some thump. Wouldn’t shock me at all with the way the wind is blowing out if he put one in the seats.

Tyler O’Neil stinks.
    Fongster wins.
    The end.

• biga0787

Going to see a lot of this today hopefully

• feekdogg

@TBforPrez said...

I don’t think it’s nearly as weak as Det. with no Castellonos.

• Njsum1

Mike leake seems like he might be worth taking a flier on

• NYGfan1983

@feekdogg said...

I don’t think it’s nearly as weak as Det. with no Castellonos.

castellonos is starting

• biga0787

The cardinals are going to score 12 runs or 0 today. Doesn’t take much for me to jump on a cardinals stack though. I generally have them in one lu at least every slate they are on. Probably losing battle but makes the games more fun

• cjs5555

@Njsum1 said...

Mike leake seems like he might be worth taking a flier on

I think the KC bats will be taking Leake for some flies over the fence…

• hcassidy

@NYGfan1983 said...

castellonos is starting

He was scratched from the lineup about 10 minutes ago, due to a toe injury.

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

Gotta toss him in a few at $500

• NYGfan1983

@hcassidy said...

He was scratched from the lineup about 10 minutes ago, due to a toe injury.

my bad i looked after u said that he was still in and now hes OUT

sorry!

• biga0787

So on fd do I take Justin turner and Chris Davis at 3rd and util. Or do I take hunter dozier and Terrence Gore

• Njsum1

@cjs5555 said...

I think the KC bats will be taking Leake for some flies over the fence…

I’ve got plenty of KC bats. Yet I’m still interested in Leake

• hithisisnom

Bundy/Bieber and a ton of the KC game for me

• mrjredoak

For the main slate tonight, anyone like Gausman? Was lights out against the AA Marlins, but Mets an entirely different animal. Not a ton of pitching options.

• NarrowJ

On DraftKings:

I thought double ups were guaranteed contests and 50/50s were not (even though 50/50s show when you filter by guaranteed).

There’s something I don’t fully understand about guaranteed contests on DK so maybe someone can help me out. I quickly entered several double ups that were not full and it looks like they canceled those and gave me my money back? I did the same thing yesterday and this did not happen. It worked well too, because I ended up in double up contests where 5 of 11 pay out but only 8 or 9 people were in them. Not sure what was different yesterday than today?

• frugal

@NarrowJ said...

On DraftKings:

I thought double ups were guaranteed contests and 50/50s were not (even though 50/50s show when you filter by guaranteed).

There’s something I don’t fully understand about guaranteed contests on DK so maybe someone can help me out. I quickly entered several double ups that were not full and it looks like they canceled those and gave me my money back? I did the same thing yesterday and this did not happen. It worked well too, because I ended up in double up contests where 5 of 11 pay out but only 8 or 9 people were in them. Not sure what was different yesterday than today?

I’ve mistaken guaranteed for non guaranteed many, many times on Yahoo trying to beat the clock, perhaps the same happened to you today.

• NarrowJ

@frugal said...

I’ve mistaken guaranteed for non guaranteed many, many times on Yahoo trying to beat the clock, perhaps the same happened to you today.

In my experience, double ups have ALWAYS been guaranteed while 50/50s are not (even though for some reason they’re able to say they are?).

They were yesterday, same contests today were not (were canceled).

I’m not mad, but would like to understand why.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).