2:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 122 ) at Chi Sox ( -132 ) —- T: 8.5
    2:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 167 ) at Minnesota ( -183 ) —- T: 8.5
    2:15 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 118 ) at St. Louis ( -127 ) —- T: 8.5
    2:35 PM EST : San Diego ( -166 ) at Texas ( 152 ) —- T: 9.5
    4:05 PM EST : Colorado ( 116 ) at SF Giants ( -125 ) —- T: 8
    4:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -110 ) at Arizona ( 102 ) —- T: 9.5
    4:10 PM EST : Washington ( 146 ) at LA Dodgers ( -159 ) —- T: 8
    7:08 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 145 ) at Atlanta ( -158 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• mnstone14

pitching on this one is absolutely awful. if you really want to be different in gpps, im guessing paying way up for pitchers and 2 cheaper stacks will be pretty low owned.

• Njsum1

@mnstone14 said...

pitching on this one is absolutely awful

SP 1) Fountain of youth
    SP 2) The Cobbler

That’s where I’m at

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

SP 1) Fountain of youth
    SP 2) The Cobbler

That’s where I’m at

Assuming Cobbler is Cobb, just know there is a super high risk of PPD there, if you weren’t aware.

• ElwoodB

All the RG writers taking the day off?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

Pitching is awful though, I think on DK, Montgomery, Morejon, Ponce De Leon, and Shoemaker are the standouts, which is pretty scary. I guess it’s the same group on FD, as the pricing differences don’t really move me on or off these guys or anyone else.

• ElwoodB

Can’t be any worse pitching than yesterday…. right?

• biga0787

@Pandamonious said...

Pitching is awful though, I think on DK, Montgomery, Morejon, Ponce De Leon, and Shoemaker are the standouts, which is pretty scary. I guess it’s the same group on FD, as the pricing differences don’t really move me on or off these guys or anyone else.

Logan Allen maybe as well? Ponce is an above average real life pitcher. Nothing spectacular. They are all cheap. I think Allen or Morejon have the most long term upside. For today I’m picking between them two.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

Allen’s price to me is unplayable on DK, but he is super cheap on FD. My issue is he doesn’t have much K upside at all, and the Tigers, although relatively weak offensively, don’t K much either. So, we might at best be looking for 7 really clean innings and a W with just 4 or 5 K’s.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Assuming Cobbler is Cobb, just know there is a super high risk of PPD there, if you weren’t aware.

No sir, a Cobbler…is a maker or mender of shoes 😁

• RatedDAL

@Pandamonious said...

Allen’s price to me is unplayable on DK, but he is super cheap on FD. My issue is he doesn’t have much K upside at all, and the Tigers, although relatively weak offensively, don’t K much either. So, we might at best be looking for 7 really clean innings and a W with just 4 or 5 K’s.

Very small sample on Detroit, no? They’ve been one of the teams to target for Ks the last few years. Still only middle of the pack 10 games in.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

No sir, a Cobbler…is a maker or mender of shoes 😁

Ah, yes! I knew that term, but didn’t put it together, with Cobb on the slate, my mind immediately went there. Makes sense.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

@RatedDAL said...

Very small sample on Detroit, no? They’ve been one of the teams to target for Ks the last few years. Still only middle of the pack 10 games in.

Well, the team changes a bit every year. Not talking about just based on this year. The projected line up struck out 21% of the time to RHP last year, which is nothing more than average. An average K team is not going to boost a below average K pitcher much if it all.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

Whoops, Allen is a LHP, my fault. Anyway, still roughly the same, and point still stands in that Allen’s K’s are low enough and Tigers K’s are average enough there should be a big swing. I guess on FD though, I get it at that price, but on DK it’s just crazy.

• marker0357

I think I’m going with Pivetta and hoping BOS keeps up their winning streak. BAL is slashing .186/.247/.286/.532 with 74 K’s against righties. Pivetta isn’t a whirlwind by any means but I’ll give it a shot. WTH.

• mnstone14

@Pandamonious said...

Whoops, Allen is a LHP, my fault. Anyway, still roughly the same, and point still stands in that Allen’s K’s are low enough and Tigers K’s are average enough there should be a big swing. I guess on FD though, I get it at that price, but on DK it’s just crazy.

i think hes playable on this slate though. when i look at most other options, i think its more likely they get shellacked then they have relatively clean games. EVen if Allen only gets you 5 Ks, isnt that better than 7-8 but allowing 3-4 runs and a couple handfuls of walks/hits?

ex… looking at shoemakers start against them, 6 innings, 5 k;s and 24 pts just about. ill take it.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

@mnstone14 said...

i think hes playable on this slate though. when i look at most other options, i think its more likely they get shellacked then they have relatively clean games. EVen if Allen only gets you 5 Ks, isnt that better than 7-8 but allowing 3-4 runs and a couple handfuls of walks/hits?

Maybe, I don’t know. I hate playing guys like that, that are perceived in safe spots. Look at Paddack last night. A really average pitcher facing a poor offense, but he was supposed to be safe, and he was terrible.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

Buzz is MIA/NYM are going to try to play the game through light rain and a wet field.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

• homers1226

stl running there line ups out late again

ughh

• Supersharpie

@homers1226 said...

stl running there line ups out late again

ughh

Same with the Jays!

Annoying af.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

@Supersharpie said...

Same with the Jays!

Annoying af.

Jays probably know they’re not playing and aren’t bothering to put one out.

• biga0787

The bad part is it’s one of the first to lock, so when they decide not to play we are in trouble

• Supersharpie

@Pandamonious said...

Jays probably know they’re not playing and aren’t bothering to put one out.

COVID or weather?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

@Supersharpie said...

COVID or weather?

Weather.

• Supersharpie

@Pandamonious said...

Weather.

Thanks, was relying on the weather indicator on FD and forgot that it is still programmed to indicate that they are playing at the Skydome.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).