7:07 PM EST : NY Yankees ( 112 ) at Toronto ( -121 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Miami ( 125 ) at NY Mets ( -135 ) —- T: 6
    7:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -129 ) at Tampa Bay ( 119 ) —- T: 7
    7:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 152 ) at Boston ( -165 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 125 ) at Houston ( -135 ) —- T: 8
    8:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -128 ) at Colorado ( 118 ) —- T: 11
    10:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( 107 ) at Oakland ( -116 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Texas ( 125 ) at Seattle ( -135 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• ItzJamesFTW

DK making it easy for those Giants stacks.

Mazara until he goes cold.

Aaron Sanchez gets the Brandon Finnegan treatment tonight. Favored at home. Good pair with Noah or Jose.

Also loving Chris Davis today.

• wingsfan19

On fanduel is there an indicator of a player is in the starting lineup? Sometimes i take a risk with a low cost catcher, but dont wanna get burnt if he doesnt play!

• TheRealJosh5

Anyone know Mazara’s splits vs LHP’s in the minors?

• JHols1nger

A full night of games without weather implications, praise the gods.

• kmart35

@ItzJamesFTW said...

DK making it easy for those Giants stacks.

I wouldn’t say that, Pence more expensive than Giancarlo. Posey most expensive C by 1,100

EDIT: Was easily able to fit in Span, Posey, Pence, Cargo along with Fernandez

• thedkexperience

@JHols1nger said...

I’m right by Philly. It’s raining pretty good right now.

• Epicsic

So many pitching options tonight. Really like Gio vs the braves or Dirty Sanchez vs the Yankees. I not taking any mets pitchers for at least a week. I’m in New York and something feels really off with the mets .

• RatedDAL

As a Mets fan I agree that something is off. Thor is the only thing I do feel good about though.

• Mikeybags44

How come Draft Kings didn’t create contest that include the Tigers and dodgers game today???? As a Fan and someone who loves day games that’s a total bummer.

• Redskins4

@RatedDAL said...

As a Mets fan I agree that something is off. Thor is the only thing I do feel good about though.

Too cheap to sign Daniel Murphy, that lineup you guys have is super weak now… Felix going to do work tonight.

• kmart35

@Redskins4 said...

Too cheap to sign Daniel Murphy, that lineup you guys have is super weak now… Felix going to do work tonight.

*Jose ‘the new king’ Fernandez

• tmac178

@JHols1nger said...

Pouring in Hartford right now. O’S/Sox could see some delays, possible PPD.

• Drayzen

@wingsfan19 said...

On fanduel is there an indicator of a player is in the starting lineup? Sometimes i take a risk with a low cost catcher, but dont wanna get burnt if he doesnt play!

Yes there is.

• JHols1nger

You guys telling me that it’s raining 9 hours before first pitch are hilarious. I’m no Roth, but as of now all of the forecasts are completely clear for game time.

• pmsimkins

• 2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

• 2015 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@ItzJamesFTW said...

Aaron Sanchez gets the Brandon Finnegan treatment tonight. Favored at home. Good pair with Noah or Jose.

Needs to show he can miss left handed bats before I’ll be taking him against the Yankees.

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #9

RG Tiered Ranking

How do you guys weigh elite pitching vs targeting as many Coors field batters? This is my first “full” season of playing MLB, but I tend to think specifically on FanDuel that targeting elite pitchers in prime spots is the best way to go, but do some of you guys think otherwise? Outside of Panik, Crawford, and Parra I think all the core players from SF and COL are 4k+. Seem to be a bit too expensive across the board to me.

• fcurev

• Blogger of the Month

@JHols1nger said...

You guys telling me that it’s raining 9 hours before first pitch are hilarious. I’m no Roth, but as of now all of the forecasts are completely clear for game time.

july 5th 2015 must have been a pretty exciting DFS day for you. haha. how much did you win that day?

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #9

RG Tiered Ranking

Also, I think Philly is a great spot to stack for salary relief tonight. Implied run total of 4.28, which is in the same range of Tor, WSH, and HOU (all much more expensive teams). Outside of Franco who is reasonably priced 3.3k, all Philly players seem to be sub 2.7k.

• baller33

“On fanduel is there an indicator of a player is in the starting lineup? Sometimes i take a risk with a low cost catcher, but dont wanna get burnt if he doesnt play!”

Yeah about 3-4 hours before the game you’ll see green check marks on the player’s picture if he’s starting

• TBforPrez

@B_Heals152 said...

How do you guys weigh elite pitching vs targeting as many Coors field batters? This is my first “full” season of playing MLB, but I tend to think specifically on FanDuel that targeting elite pitchers in prime spots is the best way to go, but do some of you guys think otherwise? Outside of Panik, Crawford, and Parra I think all the core players from SF and COL are 4k+. Seem to be a bit too expensive across the board to me.

After Price and Scherzer yesterday I said I’m not paying up for the aces but that is probably a horrible strategy and something I won’t stick to.

• Rsmith11

Erlin, Syndegaard, and Fernandez tonight? Got a couple tickets for the big boy $20 GPP.

• fcurev

• Blogger of the Month

@Rsmith11 said...

Erlin, Syndegaard, and Fernandez tonight? Got a couple tickets for the big boy $20 GPP.

if they’re tickets i would throw 1 lineup up with caution to the wind. grab some pitchers in tough spots with K upside and hope for the best and stack up those bats.

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #9

RG Tiered Ranking

@TBforPrez said...

After Price and Scherzer yesterday I said I’m not paying up for the aces but that is probably a horrible strategy and something I won’t stick to.

I hear ya! I think it is important for us to stick to our strategies and instincts and not let emotions affect our lineup building process, but I also had Scherzer last night. I think over time, aces are the way to go specifically on sites with only one pitcher because pitchers have way greater upsides than hitters. I just think those aces have to do quite a bit to pay off their salaries, and they are going to occasionally have hiccups throughout the course of the year. Probably nothing more frustrating then seeing a high priced pitcher struggle, but at least in cash games they are often chalk.

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #9

RG Tiered Ranking

Anybody else see the survivor tournament on FanDuel for MLB? 5 different rounds in a 8 day span. The first two rounds about 70% will advance and the last 3 rounds 50% each round of the field is cut. If you make it through 4 of the 5 rounds you cash. Not a real large tournament, and the payouts are fairly low, but looks like fun!

• TheRealJosh5

@TBforPrez said...

I usually don’t pay up for a pitcher thus far this year outside of 2x this year and those were both Syndergaard and Fernandez starts in week 1. Neither Price or Scherzer are on either one of Syndergaard or Fernandez level. Scherzer is a solid pitcher but not worth his price tag unless he was facing a poor team like the Phillies.. Price never was a fan of the signing thought his best days were behind him.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).