7:07 PM EST : NY Yankees ( 112 ) at Toronto ( -121 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Miami ( 125 ) at NY Mets ( -135 ) —- T: 6
    7:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -129 ) at Tampa Bay ( 119 ) —- T: 7
    7:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 152 ) at Boston ( -165 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 125 ) at Houston ( -135 ) —- T: 8
    8:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -128 ) at Colorado ( 118 ) —- T: 11
    10:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( 107 ) at Oakland ( -116 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Texas ( 125 ) at Seattle ( -135 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Redskins4

@TheRealJosh5 said...

Neither Price or Scherzer are on either one of Syndergaard or Fernandez level. Scherzer is a solid pitcher but not worth his price tag unless he was facing a poor team like the Phillies.

Lol, Scherzer almost threw 3 perfect games last season. He did throw 2 no hitters. He is a legitimately elite pitcher. It’s 2 games into the season…..

• jdog32310

Which team to stack for early GPP and which pitchers are the best for early GPP on FD? I know it only 2 games but one of these teams is bound to go off maybe

• TBforPrez

@TheRealJosh5 said...

I usually don’t pay up for a pitcher thus far this year outside of 2x this year and those were both Syndergaard and Fernandez starts in week 1. Neither Price or Scherzer are on either one of Syndergaard or Fernandez level. Scherzer is a solid pitcher but not worth his price tag unless he was facing a poor team like the Phillies.. Price never was a fan of the signing thought his best days were behind him.

Maybe last year is a complete aberration but Scherzer’s 2015 puts him at those guys levels I think. Plus Atlanta should be a plus matchup for him but oh well, like an earlier poster mentioned, in most of my H2Hs we both had Scherzer so it evened out.

• TheRealJosh5

@jdog32310 said...

Which team to stack for early GPP and which pitchers are the best for early GPP on FD? I know it only 2 games but one of these teams is bound to go off maybe

Maeda is my guy and stacking the Tigers/LOS with 2 fill in’s from the Pirates.

• TBforPrez

@B_Heals152 said...

Anybody else see the survivor tournament on FanDuel for MLB? 5 different rounds in a 8 day span. The first two rounds about 70% will advance and the last 3 rounds 50% each round of the field is cut. If you make it through 4 of the 5 rounds you cash. Not a real large tournament, and the payouts are fairly low, but looks like fun!

So it plays more like a Cash game than GPP?

• bucherpsu08

Stack the Red Sox tonight. MIke Wright will likely get shelled (he’s only starting because Gausman started on the DL). Once he is yanked, TJ McFarland will likely be asked to pitch 3+ innings because the bullpen has been used heavily the past 2 days.

• Jaredmlevitt

@Redskins4 said...

Too cheap to sign Daniel Murphy, that lineup you guys have is super weak now… Felix going to do work tonight.

Daniel Murphy is not a good baseball player. He can hit, but doesn’t have any baseball IQ.

• jokah03

I can’t get off Noah/Gio on DK so I guess if they blow up early it’ll be a quick night. Won 1 20 dollar ticket last night so in my single entry I’m fading coors completely. Like Boston bats, some Indians and some Mariners.

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #9

RG Tiered Ranking

@TBforPrez said...

So it plays more like a Cash game than GPP?

Plays like cash in terms of the percentage of people making the cuts over the course of each individual round. However, it is more like a GPP because of the payouts. I think first place was like $1,500. From about 1,500 to 3,000 is $4. Seems a bit low for a 5 round tourney, but then again there is only 11,000+ entrants.

• TBforPrez

@B_Heals152 said...

Plays like cash in terms of the percentage of people making the cuts over the course of each individual round. However, it is more like a GPP because of the payouts. I think first place was like $1,500. From about 1,500 to 3,000 is $4. Seems a bit low for a 5 round tourney, but then again there is only 11,000+ entrants.

I played in the recent FD MLB-NBA survivor tourney and won $4 at the end playing all my baseball and basketball lineups like GPP/tourney-style but I wonder if I would have done better with some Cash game strategies (no focus on MLB stacks).

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #9

RG Tiered Ranking

@TBforPrez said...

I played in the recent FD MLB-NBA survivor tourney and won $4 at the end playing all my baseball and basketball lineups like GPP/tourney-style but I wonder if I would have done better with some Cash game strategies (no focus on MLB stacks).

Entry for the survivor tournament on FanDuel is only $2. Maybe give it a shot!

• Olhausen

@TheRealJosh5 said...

I usually don’t pay up for a pitcher thus far this year outside of 2x this year and those were both Syndergaard and Fernandez starts in week 1. Neither Price or Scherzer are on either one of Syndergaard or Fernandez level. Scherzer is a solid pitcher but not worth his price tag unless he was facing a poor team like the Phillies.. Price never was a fan of the signing thought his best days were behind him.

lol. When schurzer is on there’s no one better. The guy threw two no no,s last year and should have had a perfect game if the Pirates catcher didn’t stick his arm out to get hit.

• wingsfan19

Thanks sir!!

• DAR207

Will the sweet spot winner have Coors in it? Thoughts?

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

On the early FD slate, I’m punting the pitcher position all together. Heck punt is prob the wrong word. I’m using Buschmann because he is only $3,000. I’ll take that 0 and spend all the extra $$$ on bats. I don’t feel confident in any of the pitchers. At best I’m on the ropes about Maeda. Rather see where I can get to playing the best possible bats and hope this is a crap day for all the pitchers.

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #9

RG Tiered Ranking

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

On the early FD slate, I’m punting the pitcher position all together. Heck punt is prob the wrong word. I’m using Buschmann because he is only $3,000. I’ll take that 0 and spend all the extra $$$ on bats. I don’t feel confident in any of the pitchers. At best I’m on the ropes about Maeda. Rather see where I can get to playing the best possible bats and hope this is a crap day for all the pitchers.

No offense, but that is an awful strategy. Pitcher is the one position where you can count on points.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

@ItzJamesFTW said...

Aaron Sanchez gets the Brandon Finnegan treatment tonight. Favored at home. Good pair with Noah or Jose.

A RH vs the Yankees at Coors North? No thank you.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

@Epicsic said...

I not taking any mets pitchers for at least a week. I’m in New York and something feels really off with the mets .

Tough this early on the season.

Noah looked great against the Royals, so that is saying something… or is it? Royals were dominated by freaking McHugh yesterday so maybe the Royals are not the same this year?

• dharden11

Thoughts on going for a couple mid range options (erlin/gio) and paying up for a boston/sf stack?

• TeHDruiD

Went with 8 Pirates/Tigers with Corbin as the pitcher for FD’s early slate. GL to all who are playing the early 2 game slate

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

Generally you would be correct, but keep in mind this is a game of chance. None of these pitchers are world beaters, none of these teams are horrible offensively, so there is a chance that these pitchers may not even meet value. Granted it’s a small chance, but a chance none the less. I’m hyper aggressive in my approach to DFS, I like to do stuff that other people would never risk doing in a GPP. If I was worried about guaranteed points I would just play cash games all day. Also let me be clear in saying I am a very small steaks player. My total cost on line ups today is at $11 for 11 line ups mixed up between MLB/NBA, EARLY/MAIN slates. It’s not hard to make up $11, one good LU can get that back and some. Which allows me to go out and spend $2-3 bucks on fading the pitchers on a two game slate, so that I can have all the prime batters. You have to take some crazy risk to win my man. I’ll let you know how bad I fail, lol.

• scudboner

Is Sanchez not even an option tonight? He’s so cheap and did well against the Rays last week…

• JackLotte

upton bomb

• kmart35

@scudboner said...

Is Sanchez not even an option tonight? He’s so cheap and did well against the Rays last week…

I like Sanchez tbh 5,900 on DK gives you so much cash relief with great upside

• Daybo

Im not that high on him either but like others were saying it lets you have tons of freedom with the bats today, so at that point you are just hoping sanchez can get you 10-12 points on DK and that could be huge

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).