7:07 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 193 ) at Toronto ( -211 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Atlanta ( 110 ) at Miami ( -119 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 124 ) at Boston ( -134 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:05 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( 126 ) at Chi Cubs ( -136 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : Oakland ( 102 ) at Kansas City ( -110 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:07 PM EST : Texas ( 126 ) at LA Angels ( -136 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Houston ( -119 ) at Seattle ( 110 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:15 PM EST : Arizona ( 109 ) at SF Giants ( -118 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• monarch

@RecEm2014 said...

Something tells me Freeland today in GPP

I’m stacking against him. Second time around I think the Padres batters fare better than the Dodgers.

• usna1993

I’m a Rangers fan and I’m stacking Angles tonight – I hate myself… But maybe I hate AJ more….

• Jacobkaiser1325

PLaying Montgomery on the early slate, I feel good about it right now, but after the first inning I’m sure I will regret it

• specvspeed03

LOL just looked at how my lineups finished last night. Had a HR from every hitter in my lineup except 1 plus a magnificent Robbie Ray and still only min cashed. Cespedes/Murphy pretty much cost me huge $$$

• empatey

I’m new here and am an NBA/NFL guy. I should target starters with high BAs right? What is a good cash game strategy?

• Jacobkaiser1325

Weiters or McCann? I can’t decide between them

• zlbhorns23

@usna1993 said...

I’m a Rangers fan and I’m stacking Angles tonight – I hate myself… But maybe I hate AJ more….

Fellow Rangers fan here, doing the same exact thing

• Beezer79

I can’t wait to see the ownership on Ozuna tonight.

Conspiracy theory: Bartolo would like nothing more than to retire in Miami, take on a long reliever role and hang out with his good friends down in Miami. How does he show his interest? Leaving two meatballs out for his good friend and fellow countryman….Marcel Ozuna. We all know he left that one out there for Dee last year. Is this not a peace offering? Enjoy the gift Miami, Bartolo will see you again soon.

• draped

@Beezer79 said...

I can’t wait to see the ownership on Ozuna tonight.

Conspiracy theory: Bartolo would like nothing more than to retire in Miami, take on a long reliever role and hang out with his good friends down in Miami. How does he show his interest? Leaving two meatballs out for his good friend and fellow countryman….Marcel Ozuna. We all know he left that one out there for Dee last year. Is this not a peace offering? Enjoy the gift Miami, Bartolo will see you again soon.

I think a lot of people will be on him. and I think he’s a good play, but im also seeing a lot of other good OF plays today. and Garcia is a massive GB pitcher who limits hard contact decently in MIA ballpark which gives me some worries and makes him definitely not an auto-lock.

EDIT: just as reference on DK Bruce is also 3700 and will be way less owned probably. but he has a slightly higher career ISO split has a slightly better GB/FB ratio and is vs a FB pitcher in Velasquez in the tiny PHI ballpark. Velasquez also gives up slightly more hard contact.

• jtkucheck

@draped said...

this is not true at all. EDIT: and I mean the mets being a -EV play yesterday.

mets had one of the best matchups yesterday. they were vs a horrible pitcher with as high SIERA, a low GB/FB ratio in a tiny ballpark with warm weather. add in the fact that the PHI bullpen is garbage again. and they all are FB hitters with high ISO/wOBA vs RHP. not to mention they were all pretty cheap comparitively. I was able to roster 3 mets + Blackmon/arenado in my cash lineups. I don’t think playing mets was a -EV play at all especially since u could easily fit coors pieces too and there weren’t any high end pitching studs.

Totally- I realized upon reading my response again that I answered the first part in a pretty lazy way. What I meant to convey was always stacking a low-ownership stack (I used Mets as an example instead of Phillies or Padres) just for the sake of doing it was -EV, not that last night the Mets were -EV.

Looking back more at yesterday’s slate I wish I had gone with Mets stacks instead of Met’s one-offs. Obviously not having Cespedes was a death knell, even with good pitcher selection, Murphy, and Coors bats.

• draped

@jtkucheck said...

Totally- I realized upon reading my response again that I answered the first part in a pretty lazy way. What I meant to convey was always stacking a low-ownership stack (I used Mets as an example instead of Phillies or Padres) just for the sake of doing it was -EV, not that last night the Mets were -EV.

Looking back more at yesterday’s slate I wish I had gone with Mets stacks instead of Met’s one-offs. Obviously not having Cespedes was a death knell, even with good pitcher selection, Murphy, and Coors bats.

no problem after I responded I figured that’s what u meant. that’s why I edited mine :). I agree with your whole strategy part.

• Beezer79

Oh ya, I think I’d much rather run a hot streaky Bruce against a volatile VV than Ozuna against Jaime. If you go back and look at the pitch that Bartolo delivered to Ozuna for the 3-run dong, it was dead center above the belt 91 mph and Ozuna was 0-2. From the position of his glove, it looked like d’Arnoud wanted it low and away, which…it’s 0-2, of course you want to make him chase it in the dirt, but instead he delivers a golden meatball. I’m just saying, Bartolo knows better than that, especially with men on base. Ozuna will not see opportunities like that from Garcia.

Here’s a replay of the dong: http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2017/04/12/1273536083/1491957637623/asset_1800K.mp4

• txdave41

@usna1993 said...

Rangers fan here too. If I want my team to win, I just need to stack against them. lol

• yanksfan1

Am I crazy for using Montgomery and punting C with Higashioka? It lets me get all the Coors guys

• fanturds

@yanksfan1 said...

Am I crazy for using Montgomery and punting C with Higashioka? It lets me get all the Coors guys

The Rays do strikeout a bit. I was on Monty for a bit, but I pivoted to Gibson.

I came really close to taking a bullpen guy with my 2nd pitching slot…..I wanted all the bats

• murphstahoe

@Kbry24 said...

landing 3 guys who all they did was have 1 hit each and happen to be homeruns is not landing a stack, sorry… Cespedes had more points than all 3 of them combined? 4 hits as a team and 3 runs is CRAP for a stack lol. Look at the Mets box score if you want to talk about landing a stack.

If I select a guy and he hits a HR, that’s a good call – 3x value.

If all 8 of your position players on DK do nothing but hit a HR, you have 112 points before your pitchers. You could basically print money.

The Mets was an aberration last night – and it wasn’t because you “stacked” them if the whole team hits a bunch of solo homers. The value of a stack is that one guy hits a 3 run dinger and you get runs points from the two guys on base who also had hits.

Nominally it’s a “stack” because you picked against the pitcher, but come on, you aren’t stacking thinking you are getting 3 HR’s from Cespedes and 2 from Duda.

• Timboslice528

Anyone on Snell today? Yankees lineup isn’t exactly their A lineup today.

• murphstahoe

@jtkucheck said...

It depends how many lineups you are playing. If you are playing one, having a Mets stack, while contrarian (esp on a Coors slate), will be -EV more often than not. If you don’t mind drawing dead for the day, you can continue to do this, as one big score will make up for plenty of misses. However, if you are playing 20 lineups, you should probably include 3-5 low probability stacks depending on the situations they are in, for precisely this scenario, knowing that you’ll likely make these up from your more optimal lineups if chalk hits and contrarian stacks flop.

That said… I went Brewers, Marlins and D-Backs as my low ownership stacks last night and had 0% Cespedes. This isn’t a thing you will get right every day, or even most days.

Your EV for any given lineup doesn’t matter how many lineups you play. It either has +EV or -EV based on the players selected.

You will have more variance, but that doesn’t impact your EV.

• murphstahoe

@draped said...

this is not true at all. EDIT: and I mean the mets being a -EV play yesterday.

mets had one of the best matchups yesterday. they were vs a horrible pitcher with as high SIERA, a low GB/FB ratio in a tiny ballpark with warm weather. add in the fact that the PHI bullpen is garbage again. and they all are FB hitters with high ISO/wOBA vs RHP. not to mention they were all pretty cheap comparitively. I was able to roster 3 mets + Blackmon/arenado in my cash lineups. I don’t think playing mets was a -EV play at all especially since u could easily fit coors pieces too and there weren’t any high end pitching studs.

The problem with the Mets was that they were so cheap that after I constructed my lineup I had like 2000 left and started tinkering and removing pieces of the stack. I still swept my matches but had I stuck with the original setup, which had 4 mets and Murphy/Harper I coulda been a contendah

• bigsmoot2

Dozier bomb to start the day!

• Heterodox

@murphstahoe said...

The problem with the Mets was that they were so cheap that after I constructed my lineup I had like 2000 left and started tinkering and removing pieces of the stack.

I think baseball is a game where you need to be willing to leave piles of money on the table occasionally. Because of the correlations and the variance.

• hcassidy

@bigsmoot2 said...

Dozier bomb to start the day!

And I moved off him and reworked my l/u. Oh well.

• jasonresno

last minute switched to a rays/yankees game stack. hopin this keeps up. atta boy rickie.

• murphstahoe

Moklovin is playing 3D chess against me, has Yankees pitcher but Rickie Weeks.

• bigsmoot2

Boom juice, rays stack of longo and weeks to start my day, it´s all downhill from here. lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).