7:07 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 193 ) at Toronto ( -211 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Atlanta ( 110 ) at Miami ( -119 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 124 ) at Boston ( -134 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:05 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( 126 ) at Chi Cubs ( -136 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : Oakland ( 102 ) at Kansas City ( -110 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:07 PM EST : Texas ( 126 ) at LA Angels ( -136 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Houston ( -119 ) at Seattle ( 110 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:15 PM EST : Arizona ( 109 ) at SF Giants ( -118 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• firepimp

@cjs5555 said...

who is the rays’ manager? because he’s having a bad day at the office.

Kevin Cash a former catcher and young manager. I would like to see Hickey as our next manager if we can’t ever get maddon back. But I think maddon will be a cub for life now sadly.

• PujolsJunkie

Anyone else sick of the payout structures changing all the time on the moonshot or whatever the day’s version of it is? If it’s not changing from $3 to $4 to $6 and back to $3 for arbitrary reasons, then they’re running a different payout structure. Just no way to consistently plan your routine on a day to day basis. I miss being able to plan ahead and know I’d be playing multi lineups in the moonshot at $3 a pop and going after $10K while doubling up at min-cash. Now I’m getting these lousy 1.5x cashes to a larger percentage of the field and now and then you’ll see something absurd like $5,000 to 1st, while the day before there were 20,000 fewer entries with $10,000 or $15,000 to 1st. Just no continuity whatsoever and I’m pretty damn sick of it.

• hcassidy

@firepimp said...

Kevin Cash a former catcher and young manager. I would like to see Hickey as our next manager if we can’t ever get maddon back. But I think maddon will be a cub for life now sadly.

What was the deal as to why they fired Maddon. Never heard the full reason, is your Front Office inept? Cause you also had Wil Myers and traded him away for what looks right now Roid Rager Souza. Heck Trea Turner was part of that deal as well (from SD to Rays then you shipped him to Nats) for Souza and Ott.

• Cocomilk

@hcassidy said...

What is your issue? I was just able to take Max out and put him back in with no problems.

Had 6 identical lineups this morning… edited all to make 6 unique an hour before coors first pitch. Checked my lineups a couple mins before coors and had 3 identical (the 3 lineups i piVoted Murphy to Schrimpf). Contacted customer service and they said it may be b/c I have and old version of the app

• draped

@hcassidy said...

Also those playing Mets, Granderson was listed in Released Lineup. He has been scratched and Conforto is in play.

conforto leading off in PHI vs velasquez at 3600 on DK….that is very tempting for cash.

• hcassidy

@Cocomilk said...

Had 6 identical lineups this morning… edited all to make 6 unique an hour before coors first pitch. Checked my lineups a couple mins before coors and had 3 identical (the 3 lineups i piVoted Murphy to Schrimpf). Contacted customer service and they said it may be b/c I have and old version of the app

That’s possible, but I have also noticed that if they are entered into different tournaments then you have to do each one individual. If they are all in the same one, you may have forgot to click save changes once you swapped. That will revert them back to the original lineup, had that happen to me the other night as was in a hurry as it was close to lock and was rushing.

• murphstahoe

I’m going to go with the flow and keep Jay Bruce in there.

But my key pivot of the night is Arizona. Matt Cain is done, and the story seems to be that he sneaks out a few K’s but then starts giving up home runs. And the K’s are starting to disappear and there is a lot of hard contact. They are pretty cheap too. I really think they are tonight’s mets and allow for pricing in decent pitching options and then some high priced one offs.

• murphstahoe

Kyle Freeland is now positive, people.

• lloydjv1

@murphstahoe said...

Kyle Freeland is now positive, people.

Woot!

• draped

@murphstahoe said...

But my key pivot of the night is Arizona. Matt Cain is done, and the story seems to be that he sneaks out a few K’s but then starts giving up home runs. And the K’s are starting to disappear and there is a lot of hard contact. They are pretty cheap too. I really think they are tonight’s mets and allow for pricing in decent pitching options and then some high priced one offs.

I think they can definitely pay off tonight and IMO they are underpriced as a team. but I wouldn’t compare them to the mets last night for a couple reasons.

- the mets potential came from the fact they are an entire lineup of flyball hitters facing a horrible flyball pitcher in a tiny ballpark in warm weather. pretty much the exact scenario you want for homeruns.

- ARI has a potent offense but they are largely groundball hitters facing a horrible flyball pitcher in a HUGE ballpark in not that warm weather.

• Tnjkoch221

The bottom of the Rockies lu is terrible. Rally killers.

• hcassidy

Keep an eye on the Dodger’s L/U. The confirmed L/U has Forsythe slotted in the 3 hole, but FantasyLabs has the lovely OUT next to him. So it will change.

• Dirt_Lavert

Not even sure who to throw tonight on DK besides Stroman. Lackey seems to be a bit too much $ at 9900. Looking next at maybe Fiers, Chavez (dl GPP flier), or Steven Wright. Velasquez is probably the game theory play and makes sense with the high k rate although he could go Glasnow on us. People jumping on the Mets train, would be big if Velasquez showed up and crushed them. He’s also expensive too at 9200. Might as well pay for lackey at that point I guess.

Red Sox game should go (I like about 10 miles from the stadium and it’s pouring right now but will tone down within the next hour), I’m more worried about SF. Thinking I’ll stay the hell away from that in case they get hit with some thunder earlier than expected. Looks like by 10 PM they’ll have no chance to keep going or make it out there at all.

• Orty1370

The Coors Field shooting gallery MLB DFS bonanza…

• murphstahoe

@draped said...

I think they can definitely pay off tonight and IMO they are underpriced as a team. but I wouldn’t compare them to the mets last night for a couple reasons.

- the mets potential came from the fact they are an entire lineup of flyball hitters facing a horrible flyball pitcher in a tiny ballpark in warm weather. pretty much the exact scenario you want for homeruns.

- ARI has a potent offense but they are largely groundball hitters facing a horrible flyball pitcher in a HUGE ballpark in not that warm weather.

Goldschmidt had 24 and Lamb 29 HR’s last year, Peralta had 17 his last full season.

Cain has turned into a Home Run Derby pitcher – and even if not there is room for doubles and triples there, especially in a mudder field.

• hcassidy

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Not even sure who to throw tonight on DK besides Stroman. Lackey seems to be a bit too much $ at 9900. Looking next at maybe Fiers, Chavez (dl GPP flier), or Steven Wright. Velasquez is probably the game theory play and makes sense with the high k rate although he could go Glasnow on us. People jumping on the Mets train, would be big if Velasquez showed up and crushed them. He’s also expensive too at 9200. Might as well pay for lackey at that point I guess.

Red Sox game should go (I like about 10 miles from the stadium and it’s pouring right now but will tone down within the next hour), I’m more worried about SF. Thinking I’ll stay the hell away from that in case they get hit with some thunder earlier than expected. Looks like by 10 PM they’ll have no chance to keep going or make it out there at all.

I like Wright tonight, up and down the Baltimore L/U they are bad against him.(someone posted the actual numbers like on page 2). Second I am leaning Stroman or VV or Miller who I thought was pretty decent throughout Spring Training.

• jetsfan303

@murphstahoe said...

Going back to one partial Mets stack and rolling again w/ Bruce. Can’t end up any worse than last night (I’d rather lose entirely than lose a gpp over one lineup difference) but I remind myself it was the right call. Cespedes had struggled all year, was facing a righty, Bruce was red hot. Need to be right back in it tonight or else I am going to dwell on that lineup decision even more.

• bigsmoot2

@Orty1370 said...

The Coors Field shooting gallery MLB DFS bonanza…

Not if you used the fathers :)

• feekdogg

Current standing in the Afternoon Squeeze on FD with my one lineup: 36,074 out of 36,193.

• lloydjv1

@feekdogg said...

Current standing in the Afternoon Squeeze on FD with my one lineup: 36,074 out

I feel your pain.

• Touchole

@feekdogg said...

Current standing in the Afternoon Squeeze on FD with my one lineup: 36,074 out of 36,193.

• murphstahoe

@feekdogg said...

If you’re gonna lose, don’t screw around

• feekdogg

@murphstahoe said...

If you’re gonna lose, don’t screw around

I’m tied with a guy who started 4 guys who have the red “NS” tag.

• ballabal

As for the Rockies, If they do this bad at home, I may look at pitchers against them when they are away.

• ajsutton22

Only played Blackmon and Amarista today….somewhat learned my lesson after going all in on the Rockies the last few slates

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).