2:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 162 ) at Chi Cubs ( -176 ) —- T: —
    6:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 158 ) at Cleveland ( -172 ) —- T: 7.5
    6:40 PM EST : St. Louis ( -146 ) at Cincinnati ( 135 ) —- T: 9
    7:05 PM EST : Colorado ( 162 ) at Washington ( -176 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -104 ) at Boston ( -104 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 161 ) at Minnesota ( -175 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : LA Angels ( 0 ) at Kansas City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( -127 ) at San Diego ( 117 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Ndepompei

Twins power is very cheap

• Semaj89

I dont want to play this slate. I hate how DK is taking away the 10 EST game.

• fenway2015

berrios morrison rendon kepler and rosario

• Njsum1

Think I’m going to play Yahoo today for mlb. I like the Stl/Cin game for bats, and have some interest in Stratton as an Sp2 in the late game.

Gonna play some hockey on DK though. 5 games is a nice slate for the playoffs.

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/riddle-me-this-how-much-pitching-do-i-need-2486027

• Ndepompei

@TnRiddles said...

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/riddle-me-this-how-much-pitching-do-i-need-2486027

Nice article

• bucherpsu08

I wish DK would offer an all day slate on days like today or at least run a 7 game slate with the games starting at 6.

• divusjulius

• Blogger of the Month

i like the screen name too

• proshares

Did DK give any explanation at all for cutting off the night game again? Or is it just to get more people into the Showdown crap?

• Njsum1

@proshares said...

Did DK give any explanation at all for cutting off the night game again? Or is it just to get more people into the Showdown crap?

Personally, if pitching wasn’t so iffy tonight, and I wasn’t looking to Stratton as a potential value play, notice the word potential as he’s certainly no lock, i wouldn’t have a problem with it. In fact I often find it obnoxious when every single other game ends before the last lone game starts. Why do I have to wait an additional 3 hours to find out if I won anything. Especially those on the east coast, having to stay up until 1am for 1 game. If it was a more robust slate, I’d actually prefer it. However, if there is more than 1 late game on the slate, then the games shouldn’t be left out, imo. Yet for a lone freestanding game….I prefer it off the slate on most slates.

• BigA

@Semaj89 said...

I dont want to play this slate. I hate how DK is taking away the 10 EST game.

this is bull. wtf are they doing? They have eliminated the west coast games the past 2 nights.

• squidkill

@Njsum1 said...

Personally, if pitching wasn’t so iffy tonight, and I wasn’t looking to Stratton as a potential value play, notice the word potential as he’s certainly no lock, i wouldn’t have a problem with it. In fact I often find it obnoxious when every single other game ends before the last lone game starts. Why do I have to wait an additional 3 hours to find out if I won anything. Especially those on the east coast, having to stay up until 1am for 1 game. If it was a more robust slate, I’d actually prefer it. However, if there is more than 1 late game on the slate, then the games shouldn’t be left out, imo. Yet for a lone freestanding game….I prefer it off the slate on most slates.

Wait——people stay awake to see if they won? Is this a thing? Might need a whole THREAD for this topic. I’m in bed by 11 Eastern every night –

• KindGuy

Mother fucking DK up to their bullshit again………

In my opinion, a slate should always include every game if the gap between first pitch for the first and last games is no more than around 3 hours. For tonight, the first game is at 7 and the last game is at 10. No need to shorten the 5 gamer into just 4 games. It increases the high rollers edge because they can cover. a higher percentage of players.

It’s like Fanduel and Draftkings are in a race to the bottom. Fanduel has a showdown slate for every single NHL playoff game tonight. Lol.

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

DK is smarter than all of us…take off the late game and make it a stand alone = more money for them. I actually like it a lot

• squidkill

@elementasrat said...

Mother fucking DK up to their bullshit again………

In my opinion, a slate should always include every game if the gap between first pitch for the first and last games is no more than around 3 hours. For tonight, the first game is at 7 and the last game is at 10. No need to shorten the 5 gamer into just 4 games. It increases the high rollers edge because they can cover. a higher percentage of players.

It’s like Fanduel and Draftkings are in a race to the bottom. Fanduel has a showdown slate for every single NHL playoff game tonight. Lol.

Where did you go? Last I saw you, you were dreaming of hitting that NBA Gpp every night. Then poof, you disappeared. Thought the Feds picked you up.

• feekdogg

Give the sites an inch, they’ll take a mile. As soon as they figured out that they could offer single game slates, the writing has been on the wall.

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@feekdogg said...

Give the sites an inch, they’ll take a mile. As soon as they figured out that they could offer single game slates, the writing has been on the wall.

for nights like tonight where the late game is a stand alone game , I have no problems with it

• NarrowJ

Could someone who understands DK Showdown scoring explain to me how Trevor Williams scored 26.2 FP in his last start? He pitched 5 1/3 innings and gave up 10 hits and 2 ER while only striking out 4.

Wait a second, it looks like his score was calculated as if he were a relief pitcher. What the hell…. I can’t even play these Showdown contests if I can’t be confident that DK will actually score the contests correctly…

• Semaj89

Nights like tonight are why its terrible imo.

So few games, bad pitching options, that extra game means a lot.

• KindGuy

@TnRiddles said...

for nights like tonight where the late game is a stand alone game , I have no problems with it

Except the difference between 4 games and 5 games is kinda big. If it was an 11 game slate shortened to 10, then I wouldn’t care as much. But one game is a huge difference when you only have 8 teams to choose from.

• KindGuy

@squidkill said...

Where did you go? Last I saw you, you were dreaming of hitting that NBA Gpp every night. Then poof, you disappeared. Thought the Feds picked you up.

I was in Rotogrinders jail.

• KindGuy

@feekdogg said...

Yep. They realized no one will say anything so now they’ve run amok.

Can’t wait till a law maker steps in and shuts this bs down.

• mbunner23

@elementasrat said...

How does that happen?

• lloydjv1

@elementasrat said...

They stole your avatar while you weren’t looking.

• iron_tactics

@elementasrat said...

Yep. They realized no one will say anything so now they’ve run amok.

Can’t wait till a law maker steps in and shuts this bs down.

Why? Government steps in and ruins everything. You don’t like it don’t play, poof it’s out of your world. Why hope that it shuts down and it’s gone for everyone that maybe doesn’t mind? Terrible point of view.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.