2:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 162 ) at Chi Cubs ( -176 ) —- T: —
    6:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 158 ) at Cleveland ( -172 ) —- T: 7.5
    6:40 PM EST : St. Louis ( -146 ) at Cincinnati ( 135 ) —- T: 9
    7:05 PM EST : Colorado ( 162 ) at Washington ( -176 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -104 ) at Boston ( -104 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 161 ) at Minnesota ( -175 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : LA Angels ( 0 ) at Kansas City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( -127 ) at San Diego ( 117 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• KindGuy

@iron_tactics said...

Why? Government steps in and ruins everything. You don’t like it don’t play, poof it’s out of your world. Why hope that it shuts down and it’s gone for everyone that maybe doesn’t mind? Terrible point of view.

Because it’s ruining the other offerings. We’re getting smaller prize pools in the main slate classic games. So yea, I’m hoping someone shuts down the bullshit one game lottery style games.

• Ndepompei

Anybody have a guess on Sonny Gray ownership tonight?

• Olhausen

@elementasrat said...

Except the difference between 4 games and 5 games is kinda big. If it was an 11 game slate shortened to 10, then I wouldn’t care as much. But one game is a huge difference when you only have 8 teams to choose from.

This exactly. It’s a huge difference and last nights dodgers A’s game was a perfect example. The fewer games to choose from equals less skill involved and it wouldn’t make me so mad if DK was doing it with the intention of making the players experience better. But that is not the case at all and in fact they are doing it out of pure greed in hopes more people will play that single game crap that they shouldn’t be running in the first place. Everyone here who doesn’t like this one bit needs to talk with their wallets and not play on nights like tonight. Believe me I play fantasy baseball everyday of the season except when there’s less then 5 games. So tonight I won’t be playing on draft kings or any other night this happens.

• JSteele

@Ndepompei said...

Anybody have a guess on Sonny Gray ownership tonight?

Should be relatively low due to weather concerns, but maybe people won’t pay attention to the weather tonight. There isn’t a lot of great options tonight so maybe he will be pretty high.

• Cfw828

I’m not going to use Ian Kennedy as an SP2, but I’m not so sure I’d want to use the Angels in a stack, even considering the weather. While Kennedy is homerun prone, I’m not sure I would go the Trout route for a bat. Historically, Trout is 1-10 vs. Kennedy with 3Ks. I’d rather go with Pujols.

• JSteele

I think they are trying to keep slates to contain games within the same time frame so that you have access to the starting lineups and any relevant news. What would you do if you started a pitcher from the only late game and he got scratched after lineup lock? This single game stuff seems to happen when there is a stand-alone game.

• Ndepompei

@JSteele said...

Should be relatively low due to weather concerns, but maybe people won’t pay attention to the weather tonight. There isn’t a lot of great options tonight so maybe he will be pretty high.

Haha I have paid 0 attention to weather today so far I’m glad you said something

• JSteele

@Cfw828 said...

I’m not going to use Ian Kennedy as an SP2, but I’m not so sure I’d want to use the Angels in a stack, even considering the weather. While Kennedy is homerun prone, I’m not sure I would go the Trout route for a bat. Historically, Trout is 1-10 vs. Kennedy with 3Ks. I’d rather go with Pujols.

Kennedy gets hit hard but he hasn’t given up any home runs. I’m sure he is due for a let down game sooner or later and the Angels have a lot of players who hit righties very hard.

Trout, Upton, Cozart, Calhoun

• JSteele

@Ndepompei said...

Haha I have paid 0 attention to weather today so far I’m glad you said something

I’m not sure the game gets postponed, but it’s looking a lot like Rain right around first pitch and so a delay is possible and if it happens after the game starts, Porcello and Gray could get pulled early.

• Ndepompei

@JSteele said...

I’m not sure the game gets postponed, but it’s looking a lot like Rain right around first pitch and so a delay is possible and if it happens after the game starts, Porcello and Gray could get pulled early.

Yeah only 1-2 hours of concern are the 1-2 hours that can screw your starting pitcher…had a good day yesterday maybe I’ll gamble and hope for no delay

• JSteele

I would really just look for pitching elsewhere. Maybe take one of the top guys and fill in a Kennedy or Tropeano.

Nick Tropeano has a pretty good matchup and solid strikeout stats. He just hasn’t played since 2016. Hitters should still be safe in the Yankees/Red Sox game though

• Ronboogie6

Stanton gonna get back into the hr column tonight?

• TDCantor89

Stick with the red-hot Angels offense for the match-up tonight?

• TDCantor89

@Cfw828 said...

I’d only use Kennedy in a tournament format in my opinion

• KindGuy

@JSteele said...

I think they are trying to keep slates to contain games within the same time frame so that you have access to the starting lineups and any relevant news. What would you do if you started a pitcher from the only late game and he got scratched after lineup lock? This single game stuff seems to happen when there is a stand-alone game.

I’d understand that argument if it was NBA but we’re talking about MLB here. Late scratches are very rare and the lineups for the 10 pm game will be it before 7pm.

Just pure greed from DK.

• bigez952

@JSteele said...

What would you do if you started a pitcher from the only late game and he got scratched after lineup lock?

You would start the pitcher from the other team or start the replacement pitcher that takes over for the scratched pitcher since MLB has late swap. It happened a couple times last year with the worst one for me being Scherzer at like $12,000 against the Padres got scratched late so I had to roll out a lineup with $5,000 left on the table but it still worked. I am in the camp of hating all of these tiny 3 or 4 game slates and would be fine not having all the lineups at once if it meant we could have more games in the main slate.

• feekdogg

@TnRiddles said...

for nights like tonight where the late game is a stand alone game , I have no problems with it

I could see that if this was a larger slate. But taking a game off reduces an already compressed player pool.

• Ronboogie6

Do we know if Arenado is suspended tonight?

• biga0787

I imagine him and parra both would face suspensions but can they appeal it and play today?

• Wooden_Bones

I’d guess Arenado plays tonight while appealing suspension. More often than not that’s how these things play out.

• Olhausen

@feekdogg said...

I could see that if this was a larger slate. But taking a game off reduces an already compressed player pool.

And who’s to say this is where they stop. It’s not out of the question now to say we have an 8 game slate that has 2 9pm games so dk decides they want to leave those 2 off and now you have a 6 game slate. In my opinion good Dfs players probably have thier best nights when at least 7-10 games are on the slate. I know my sweet spot is probably 8-10 games but honestly I love it when 12 or more are on a slate. The more games means lower ownership and harder decisions which means skill will win out much more often then when you have 5 or less games on a slate. If DK does start messing with more then one 9pm game I will have to seriously consider my other options because in my opinion it is messing with the integrity and supposedly skill based game in order for dk to try and make more money.

• JSteele

I think if they wanted to make the most money they would offer every game as a 1 game contest for people who wants to play that and then include all the games in the slate like they used to. I’m not sure it has to be separate.

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@feekdogg said...

I dont see that as a terrible thing. Still plenty to work with

• RandysCrow

Currently tied for first in the FD $2 MLB Stolen Base single game MVP!!!!!

• iron_tactics

FD has the 10 o clock on there still

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.