7:20 PM EST : NY Mets ( -101 ) at Atlanta ( -107 ) —- T: 9
    8:05 PM EST : Oakland ( -112 ) at Texas ( 104 ) —- T: 10.5
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 156 ) at Minnesota ( -169 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Cleveland ( -151 ) at Kansas City ( 140 ) —- T: 7.5
    9:40 PM EST : San Diego ( -119 ) at Arizona ( 110 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 127 ) at LA Dodgers ( -138 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Houston ( -143 ) at Seattle ( 132 ) —- T: 9
    10:15 PM EST : Colorado ( 119 ) at SF Giants ( -129 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

I’m doubting PIT/WAS plays. Or plays straight through. Corbin isn’t worth the risk to me. I don’t see a need to use anyone above Happ, and I’m not sure I’ll even use Happ.

Thanks…didn’t check the weather yet. Yet after seeing what Quintana did to the pirates yesterday, I wanted a big chunk of Corbin tonight. Might still gamble on him in 1, if Roth gives a good update.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

It’s a 4-seamer night for me. Not messing with that $8. Like you said, this isn’t a 1-3 line up kind of night either.

Yep. Just entered the first one… the $8 payout structure never made me consider it… beside first place there isn’t much upside. Rather play the $4 and not deal with the 150max people

Looking at Carrasco/Pomeranz – Paddack/Pomeranz and possibly Carrasco/Bettis?? looking at all possibilities for a 2nd Carrasco pairing…. except Eduardo is off the radar for me because Boston pitching has issues, Happ I like but CWS RHs are not pushovers…. Corbin has weather risks.
    The other one I really like is Urias… Brewers are dangerous, but has K upside and Miley obviously dangerous but has been pitching well and will have no ownership

• Stangs13

Anyone have a good place for weather now that we have to pay for Roth? He does awesome work, but as a small $1 player I can’t pay for content. But I also don’t want to flush my $1 away

• rog11sm

All over arrietta and thorton
    With a some Texas /Milwaukee /Oakland and
    A balty player.
    I think there will be home runs all over the place tonight.

• lotusbomb

I’ve been running hot on avoiding disaster with pitchers so far this season, but tonight has me vexed…

• captainwacky

@Njsum1 said...

I don’t think so…it’s a good matchup and he’ll likely pitch 2 innings. On this slate, most low end starters seem like they have a better chance of getting me negative points then positive. I don’t particulary like any mid range pitching and want some thump in my lineup. I’ve cashed deep with negatives from pitching, yet never from good pitching and bats missing. So a top end pitcher with stanek would be fine if my bats deliver.

Talking sp2…on DK..wouldn’t use him on FD or single pitcher sites.

I would rather take a chance on bettis or especially giolito— I mean… there’s risk in any of these guys going negative, and if stanek even just doesn’t strike people out in his couple innings, it’s essentially a dead spot (let alone if he gave up a run).

• RiskyBiscuits

Urshela starting for Yanks.

• Efhatch1990

Theres a free weather report from roth… jus not as detailed

• Njsum1

@captainwacky said...

I would rather take a chance on bettis or especially giolito— I mean… there’s risk in any of these guys going negative, and if stanek even just doesn’t strike people out in his couple innings, it’s essentially a dead spot (let alone if he gave up a run).

Depends, giolito has more upside, I agree, and I’ll play him a little, yet his chances of getting me negative are greater than stanek. Stanek seems like a good bet for 6 to 10 points. Also…I don’t have a ton of Stanek…like 1 or 2 linueps…the linueps I do have him in I’m playing a few yanks, so giolito is far from optimal in those lineups.

• madmanjayWV

@Stangs13 said...

Anyone have a good place for weather now that we have to pay for Roth? He does awesome work, but as a small $1 player I can’t pay for content. But I also don’t want to flush my $1 away

You can google the name of any stadium and weather and get a full report.

dailybaseballdata does a solid job with their weather — you can also twitter search DFS weather —-

I don’t see why the NATS game isn’t going to get played. No rain as of now predicted for first pitch (if you believe the weather man) and then light rain for the first couple hours………

TODAY’s OFFENSIVE’ ranks vs. LEFTY starters pitching in terms of OPS —-

ROCKIES 26th vs. PoopiePantsPomeranz

HOU 4th vs. Wade LeBlanc

OAK 9th vs. Drew Smyly-no-more?…

MIL 2nd vs. URIAS

SEA 1st vs. WadeMiley…

O’s 16th vs. EddyFraud…

WSOX 22nd vs. JAHAPP

PIRATES 30th vs. KKKKORBIN

• feekdogg

Meaningless stat alert: Ryan Braun has 23 HRs in 2018/2019. 11 of those have come on a Friday night.

• captainwacky

@feekdogg said...

Meaningless stat alert: Ryan Braun has 23 HRs in 2018/2019. 11 of those have come on a Friday night.

Doing work on Shabbat, eh?

• ripking

Javier Baez killed all my homers from Bote/Contreras and not playing Hamels

• Njsum1

@Stangs13 said...

Doesn’t Roth do an update around 5pm est everyday?

• captainwacky

Man, that rockies lineup is something else… wonder how popular pomeranz will be and how disappointing it’s going to be when he can’t get arenado and story out anyway so it doesn’t matter.

• feekdogg

@captainwacky said...

Man, that rockies lineup is something else… wonder how popular pomeranz will be and how disappointing it’s going to be when he can’t get arenado and story out anyway so it doesn’t matter.

I’ll risk it. They’ve not been very good on the road.

• captainwacky

@feekdogg said...

I’ll risk it. They’ve not been very good on the road.

I’m risking it as well, but it’s still Drew Pomeranz.

• TBforPrez

@captainwacky said...

Who is that they have batting second? A worthy punt?

• feekdogg

@captainwacky said...

Oh, I get it. I’ve been on him and Giolito all day, so I’m not feeling overly confident anyway. IMO, nobody is “safe” tonight. Not by a long shot.

• Njsum1

@captainwacky said...

Looking at Luke Weaver, and Thornton, Arrieta in that mid range as well

Updated forecast doesn’t look good for Corbin…if the game plays I’ll be pissed

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

Looking at Luke Weaver, and Thornton, Arrieta in that mid range as well

Updated forecast doesn’t look good for Corbin…if the game plays I’ll be pissed

Yeah, I think those are worthy options. I’m trying to avoid the chalk pitchers. Thinking I may take some shots at Paddack after all. Pomz, Gio as I mentioned before. Maybe some shots at Wheeler, Arrieta who I think might get balked at over the price and Miley. Then stacking one non-chalk line up: White Sox, Phillies, Dodgers for example with a chalk line up like BOS TEX or OAK.

• cjs5555

@jayzee666 said...

Anyone with Baez in the showdown….I am sooooooooo sorry. REAPER victim.

my captain!

• cjs5555

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, I think those are worthy options. I’m trying to avoid the chalk pitchers. Thinking I may take some shots at Paddack after all. Pomz, Gio as I mentioned before. Maybe some shots at Wheeler, Arrieta who I think might get balked at over the price and Miley. Then stacking one non-chalk line up: White Sox, Phillies, Dodgers for example with a chalk line up like BOS TEX or OAK.

Hard to not like Paddack after watching Lance Lynn and the rookie mow down AZ batters the last couple nights…. problem w Arrieta is you don’t know if he Ks 8 or 0. I like all 3 of those CHW/PHI/LAD matchups but obviously CHW with the most favorable ballpark and probably much less ownership.

• biga0787

I’m going to mention him. Sandy alcantra.

• jasonresno

Oak/Mets/Pomeranz tonight boyos.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).