7:20 PM EST : Miami ( +135 ) at Atlanta ( -146 ) — T: 8.5
    7:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( +120 ) at Milwaukee ( -130 ) — T: 8.5
    7:45 PM EST : Washington ( +121 ) at St. Louis ( -131 ) — T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( -113) at Kansas City ( +105 ) — T: 9.0
    8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( +121 ) at ( Chi Sox -131 ) — T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( +199 ) at Houston 9 -220 ) — T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : Oakland ( -120 ) at Arizona ( +110 ) — T: 9.5
    9:45 PM EST : Cincinnati ( +106 ) at SF Giants ( -114 ) — T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• clrockny24

hello,

two questions about mlb, mainly on fanduel

A. how homerun dependent is the sport? I’m noticing that if my players only hit singles and doubles, there’s a tough chance of cashing.

2. on that same token, how important is pitcher performance? especially on fanduel, with only one pitcher. If your pitcher either blows up or has a so-so outing, how much of a chance do you have at cashing?

• biga0787

On fd pitcher is the most important thing to get right, if you run one lineup In gpp, find the pitcher with the highest upside and best matchup combo and go with them. Homeruns are what you look for. Find guys that are mispriced that have power and or speed

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

K’s and Dongs. Its what it’s all about. Doesn’t matter the site.

Stolen bases are an underrated aspect as well, as biga alluded too with speed.. A single, a SB, and run scored is pretty nice too. Other wise you’re counting on multiple hit days, multiple RBI’s, runs scored, extra base hits. They all happen of course, but nothing loads up the points like a HR.

• ifthethunder

BTW,

7:07 PM EST : New York Yankees ( -190 ) at Toronto, Florida ( +175 ) — T: 9.0
    ~

• RatedDAL

@clrockny24 said...

hello,

two questions about mlb, mainly on fanduel

A. how homerun dependent is the sport? I’m noticing that if my players only hit singles and doubles, there’s a tough chance of cashing.

2. on that same token, how important is pitcher performance? especially on fanduel, with only one pitcher. If your pitcher either blows up or has a so-so outing, how much of a chance do you have at cashing?

Sometimes it can be contest size/slate dependent. The other night 1st place got a 12 from Eflin but had a Jays stack that more than made up for it. Normally very difficult to win anything significant with your pitcher getting that low a number though.

I won 1st and 3rd Friday night in same contest I mentioned with a 46 and 49 while Musgrove had 67. So you don’t need that much to win but you need a pitcher to do fairly well.

• 1greatbuyz

• x3

2014 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

I really hate these days where you have to wait on the weather report…..

• scott1489

What was Draftkings thinking with their Gpp’s? Lol what a greedy mess

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

@scott1489 said...

What was Draftkings thinking with their Gpp’s? Lol what a greedy mess

What do you mean? That they’re way too small?

• yisman

afternoon game postponed

• yisman

Some rain forecast this afternoon in Minnesota but the PPD was due to riots.

• wmudude24

Is it? MLB.com and twins announcers just think it’s delayed

• feekdogg

@wmudude24 said...

It’s PPD.

• yisman

@wmudude24 said...

it was announced as postponed 20 minutes ago.

• yisman

Forecast for Flushing, NY, is bad again, like yesterday.

Seems unlikely they get the game in.

• ifthethunder

I’m worried about Baltimore, too. Think I’ll just avoid it, there are enough other games with no weather concerns.
    ~

• Njsum1

Don’t love any of the hitting spots. Feels like a “stack the Marlins” at low ownership and hope they score some runs kinda night.

• yisman

@yisman said...

Forecast for Flushing, NY, is bad again, like yesterday.

Seems unlikely they get the game in.

Officially PPD.

• mnstone14

so, uh, back to baseball?

• ecallarman

I somehow found a way to construct a lineup with Cole and Glasnow, and hitters I think are sneaky capable of putting up some good numbers.

I always feel that I have a good lineup until the games start though. LOL

• axman15

I’m using far more Ynoa than I’m comfortable with

• crackattack1973

Anyone like Miley tonight?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

@mnstone14 said...

so, uh, back to baseball?

YES

So, I was aware of the conversation going on in here, and just let it go, but it seemed like it was trending in the wrong direction, so, I’m pulling the plug.

Hardly anyone comes in here to actually discuss baseball sadly, but if you are going to post let’s keep it to that.

Any discussions or debates anyone wants to keep going feel free to use the private message feature here, otherwise let’s move on.

• ifthethunder

@Draftdreamsbig said...

As a braves fan, I’m doing this and stacking the Yankees as well.

I find it hard not pick Alex Jackson for my 6 lineups. Only 2,300 at catcher and batting 7th for Atlanta. Helps me pay up for pitching, which I tend to be addicted to doing.
    ~

• bdf

Does Sea/Bal play?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).