7:20 PM EST : Miami ( +135 ) at Atlanta ( -146 ) — T: 8.5
    7:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( +120 ) at Milwaukee ( -130 ) — T: 8.5
    7:45 PM EST : Washington ( +121 ) at St. Louis ( -131 ) — T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( -113) at Kansas City ( +105 ) — T: 9.0
    8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( +121 ) at ( Chi Sox -131 ) — T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( +199 ) at Houston 9 -220 ) — T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : Oakland ( -120 ) at Arizona ( +110 ) — T: 9.5
    9:45 PM EST : Cincinnati ( +106 ) at SF Giants ( -114 ) — T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

Hardly anyone comes in here to actually discuss baseball sadly

I’ll post about baseball happily when I start winning again! (Sadly, I think that ship has sailed in basketball, but I’m committed to Ironman so in it until the end.

So why 6 lineups? My SP1 and SP1 (and I paired them last week with nice results, although I was starved for hitting of course) are Gerrit Cole and Tyler Glasnow. Add an SP2 (although Carlos Rodon is priced like an SP1, but nonetheless) now you have 3 lineups combinations. Throw in an actual SP2, like Freddy Peralta, and you get to 6.

Might be more efficient to use a lineup builder, and projections (and make 20 lineups or MME) but I’m not doing any of that.
    ~

• Draftdreamsbig

Giancarlo Stanton uncertain. Looks he he is re-evaluating playing tonight after what happened in Minneapolis

• mnstone14

im a very casual player who rarely makes money but for what its worth, id much rather stack against peralta then play him today. Hes going to be at least 30% owned in gpps, and at that ownership id rather cross my fingers and hpe hes going to get crushed then actually count on Freddy Peralta to make money.

• osuryanf

Rodon scratched

I like Peralta a lot tonight so yeah good odds he gets destroyed

• biga0787

Ughhh this is not a political statement on either side. But this is going to make tonight’s slate hard. How do you dodge the inevitable land mines of who plays and who doesn’t. What do you do with Stanton? He’s in a great spot but what if he decides to sit. You’re sunk and for us casual 1-3 lineup people that’s no bueno

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@biga0787 said...

Ughhh this is not a political statement on either side. But this is going to make tonight’s slate hard. How do you dodge the inevitable land mines of who plays and who doesn’t. What do you do with Stanton? He’s in a great spot but what if he decides to sit. You’re sunk and for us casual 1-3 lineup people that’s no bueno

Honestly don’t think this will be a common theme tonight. Players are at the clubhouse when the manager puts out a line up. I know Stanton is trying to decide to play or not, but I’m assuming most know or not, and made their opinion known to the manager before they made the line up. Hicks already chose not to play, which is why he isn’t in the line up.

• biga0787

I left him in, guessing he won’t play since that’s the way I went.

• ecallarman

He is batting right now (2nd) so guess he decided to play.

• biga0787

Who’s ready for the Robbie ray ceiling game?!?

• Draftdreamsbig

I took him out, hope it doesnt bite me. According to ESPN live cast, hes AB

• Draftdreamsbig

Meanwhile Glasnow strikes out the side in the first. He seemed like a no-brainer

• yisman

Lagares scratched

• ifthethunder

“Rodon was scratched from his scheduled start Monday against Cleveland due to an upset stomach, LaMond Pope of the Chicago Tribune reports.”

OK at least I have some time to figure out what to do with those 3 lineups. NBA (by contrast) is always just chaos for me, and I’m a little sick and tired of it.
    ~

• qatman

Not sure why on earth I thought Cole vs. Glasnow was a coin flip. As always, I hate DFS.

• biga0787

Not sure why the Yankees are high owned against cy ray the best pitcher to ever live

• biga0787

I don’t feel like I make horrible picks. It never fails my hitters or pitchers fail the other at least 95% of the time

What a nightmare man what happened to Rodon?? Wiped out 3 of my 6 $7.62s. Not happy.. thought this crap only happened in NBA. Need SEA/BAL to get off here now

• biga0787

lemahieu is such a pos. could play in a softball field and if I stack theM they will fail. It’s so dang infuriating

• biga0787

Athletics stacks are going to take the night down, should have just stacked the chalk

• marker0357

that sucked. I didnt expect BAL game to get called.

• biga0787

I hate mlb dfs. Didn’t even take 2 weeks. Bases loaded and they pull vogelbach… eff this

• ifthethunder

Accidentally left Maikel Franco in one of my Glasnow – Peralta lineups. I knew that game was too risky, but somehow I missed him in that one.
    ~

• biga0787

Stanton didn’t lie when he said he was considering not playing. His bum ass definitely didn’t play

• txdave41

How in the world am I suppose to know that Higashioka was the play? Not Stanton, not Judge, not DJ or Gio. No, it’s the nobody at the bottom of the lineup that gets all the points.

Only two weeks in, and I’m hating MLB already for the one guy multi-homer busting the slate while everyone else does nothing.

• Southie777

Went almost entirely Glasnow/Peralta, faded almost all the early chalk hitting. Been frustrating all night, because it’s felt like a bloodbath, but starting to look up now. But, of course, my best lineup for offense so far is one where I went Glasnow/McKenzie. If I had Peralta in that one, it’d be in about 50th in the $7.62. But, alas…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).