7:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -105 ) at Tampa Bay ( -103 ) —- T: 7
    7:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 110 ) at Boston ( -119 ) —- T: 9
    8:05 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 187 ) at Chi Cubs ( -204 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( -102 ) at Minnesota ( -106 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( -115 ) at Houston ( 106 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 147 ) at St. Louis ( -160 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -106 ) at Colorado ( -102 ) —- T: 11.5
    10:10 PM EST : Arizona ( 139 ) at LA Dodgers ( -151 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• kmart35

@B_Heals152 said...

What’s your favorite stacks tonight guys?
    Obviously SF tops the list, but I also am intrigued by LAA and maybe CHC.
    Simon and De La Rosa get pounded by lefties, and each team has some really good bats at fair prices.

De La Rosa facing LAD. Definitely going with a bunch of LAD lefties

• bstreich9

@B_Heals152 said...

What’s your favorite stacks tonight guys?
    Obviously SF tops the list, but I also am intrigued by LAA and maybe CHC.
    Simon and De La Rosa get pounded by lefties, and each team has some really good bats at fair prices.

Pitt, wash, bost has good history vs. Ubaldo

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #5

RG Tiered Ranking

@TBforPrez said...

Nats? Some folks might be down on them after a stinker yesterday. Maybe Boston after they didn’t do much outside of Ortiz and Betts yesterday.

Wisler is one of the weaker pitchers on the slate so Nats definitely make sense. Also, I have since edited my posts because I meant to site the Dodgers and not the Angels. Lol

• lastcallcasualty

@B_Heals152 said...

Anyone else whose seeking value at pitcher on FanDuel like Eickhoff tonight?
    6,600, good peripherals, and a home bout against San Diego.
    The only thing is getting the W will be a challenge because Philly’s offense and bullpen is pedestrian.

Not sure if you watch or pay attention to baseball or not but the Phillies bullpen has been not hittable and non walkable the past 3-4 games…..

• yeahthisiscuddy

I’ve had a hard time cashing so far. Like 1 for 7 so far this season. Is it just me or has the competition been pretty fierce in the early going?

I’m a single lineup cash game only player.

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #5

RG Tiered Ranking

@lastcallcasualty said...

Not sure if you watch or pay attention to baseball or not but the Phillies bullpen has been not hittable and non walkable the past 3-4 games…..

They blew some leads earlier against Cincinnati at least twice. I also listen to sports talk radio in South Jersey. They talk about how the Phillies starting rotation could actually shape up to be better this year, but the bullpen could be the Achilles heel, which was flipped last year.

• FantasyFreakFFW

@JNeal916 said...

I think today is the day I become a cash game player instead of a GPP player. I hate the thought of not playing GPPs because thats where I built my bankroll in NBA off of a 25 dollar deposit. I just hate the possibility of having a lineup that would win a tourney and all I’m getting is my $5 double up.

Every night I score 105-115 pts and of course I never cash. It’s extremely frustrating because I’m so close, but maybe I will do better in cash.

I’d advise at least throwing your cash game lineup into a small-dollar entry GPP, just in case. If you do a $5 double up/50-50 and a $1 GPP, for example, you’re still ahead if you cash in the cash game and not the GPP, but a killer lineup in the cash game would net the same return if not in a GPP as well….

• TheWhiteMamba

Might just go all in on Goldschmidt tonigh, or close to it.

• kasper

I called Hardy yesterday in chat, though I didn’t mention him by name. Going into last night, JJ had 2 homers off Bucholz and had like a .500 average or something.

• thedkexperience

@B_Heals152 said...

They blew some leads earlier against Cincinnati at least twice. I also listen to sports talk radio in South Jersey. They talk about how the Phillies starting rotation could actually shape up to be better this year, but the bullpen could be the Achilles heel, which was flipped last year.

Same here. The Phils bullpen is hot garbage masked by smoke and mirrors. Gomez has played well, in his 4 innings. Aside from that they are still a tire fire.

It always amazes me how 7 games out of 162 can re-write a narrative that has been going on for 6 months. If this “streak” (4 solid games) happened in July you wouldn’t even notice. A 7 run bullpen blow up is close on the horizon.

With that said, hey, they do play solid defense and the starters have done well. Too bad the starters are due to give up a 7 spot soon too.

—-

Side note: Philly sports radio is filled with hosts who know nothing. Cataldi, Eskin and the rest have no idea about anything other than how to over react to the Eagles. Do yourself a favor, while they might be right in this instance, do not take DFS advice from them. Micheal Barkan is equally inept and has no idea about anything.

• choppadown

Made two early slate lineup’s, ton of money left on the table, but whatever. Betting on the Met’s bats staying quiet.

• TheRealJosh5

@lonestar2016 said...

Can someone explain to me the reasoning behind Trumbo, Semien, Hardy, and Charlie Morton?

Hardy had good Bvp vs Clay, cheap, and very low ownership on Hardy was my reason behind Hardy.

• Fantasytrending

Anyone else hate the early slate? Would be much better with another 1 o clock game on the schedule.

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #5

RG Tiered Ranking

@thedkexperience said...

Same here. The Phils bullpen is hot garbage masked by smoke and mirrors. Gomez has played well, in his 4 innings. Aside from that they are still a tire fire.

It always amazes me how 7 games out of 162 can re-write a narrative that has been going on for 6 months. If this “streak” (4 solid games) happened in July you wouldn’t even notice. A 7 run bullpen blow up is close on the horizon.

With that said, hey, they do play solid defense and the starters have done well. Too bad the starters are due to give up a 7 spot soon too.

—-

Side note: Philly sports radio is filled with hosts who know nothing. Cataldi, Eskin and the rest have no idea about anything other than how to over react to the Eagles. Do yourself a favor, while they might be right in this instance, do not take DFS advice from them. Micheal Barkan is equally inept and has no idea about anything.

The guys I listen to are from South Jersey and the main guys name is Mike Gill I believe. I will say most Philly sports talk guys tend to be very negative lol. Then again, the Philly teams are really struggling right now.

• lastcallcasualty

@thedkexperience said...

—-

I’m in Philly and listen to WIP radio all the time. I agree with you about some of those hosts like Cataldi who knows nothing about sports. He’s pretty much just a goof for his morning radio show. Eskin knows his shit but he does get far fetched at times and analysis alot too deeply. There are some good hosts on WIP that no sports. Rob Sherry, Glen Macknow, a few others, but that’s about it.

• lastcallcasualty

@TheRealJosh5 said...

Hardy had good Bvp vs Clay, cheap, and very low ownership on Hardy was my reason behind Hardy.

Despite Charlie Morton first outing, he actually didn’t pitch that bad despite giving up some runs. He got some bad calls with the homeplate umpire where he should have punched out a few hitters that they called balls and those hitters ended up hitting a grand slam and another hitting a 3 run homer. Plus, San Diego despite those loads of runs last week are a really bad hitting team. Morton did pitch very well last year for the PIrates and isn’t a bad pitcher as you can see from last night’s game.

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

The BAT has been pretty impressive thus far.. I’ve been using it heavily and I’m in the green so far.

• bighop04

@TBforPrez said...

Nats? Some folks might be down on them after a stinker yesterday. Maybe Boston after they didn’t do much outside of Ortiz and Betts yesterday.

I’m probably going to play Xander, Betts and Pedroia in everything tonight. Dustin hasn’t been good to me this season, but those guys numbers vs Ubaldo is great plus he likes to walk people which can really increase your floor.

• thedkexperience

Nola and Velaquez have a lot of upside. Morton and Hellickson are ticking time bombs. No idea about Eickhoff yet.

• Olhausen

@JNeal916 said...

I think today is the day I become a cash game player instead of a GPP player. I hate the thought of not playing GPPs because thats where I built my bankroll in NBA off of a 25 dollar deposit. I just hate the possibility of having a lineup that would win a tourney and all I’m getting is my $5 double up.

Every night I score 105-115 pts and of course I never cash. It’s extremely frustrating because I’m so close, but maybe I will do better in cash.

We are not even two weeks into the season. I won’t be judging or changing what I’m doing until at least a month and a half into the season. Since Dk changed their rules I was curious to see how it would effect my scores this season. With the variance in baseball you’ve got to have a good amount of sample size before you really know how your doing.

• Olhausen

@B_Heals152 said...

Wisler is one of the weaker pitchers on the slate so Nats definitely make sense. Also, I have since edited my posts because I meant to site the Dodgers and not the Angels. Lol

I remember last week some guy actually said wisler had a great year last season. Lol

• TheRealJosh5

I like the Cubs stack again till it all puts it together in one game. Fowler, Hayward, Bryant & Rizzo.

• TheRealJosh5

Is Trevor Brown not in the FD player pool?

• TheRealJosh5

A stack I’m rolling with against a pitcher that will be popular tonight will be the Twins, Park, Plouffe & Sano, if they go off it will shoot you up the leader board since no one will be on them and I feel Rodon will be heavy owned.

• Olhausen

@Fantasytrending said...

Anyone else hate the early slate? Would be much better with another 1 o clock game on the schedule.

I hate split slates. I love full game slates because you can capitalize more and the fish have more options to screw up.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler