3:37 PM EST : Texas ( -134 ) at LA Angels ( 124 ) —- T: 7.5
    6:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 170 ) at Cleveland ( -185 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 118 ) at NY Yankees ( -128 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:07 PM EST : Baltimore ( 108 ) at Toronto ( -117 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -119 ) at Cincinnati ( 110 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( 113 ) at Miami ( -122 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Oakland ( 115 ) at Kansas City ( -125 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:15 PM EST : Colorado ( 154 ) at SF Giants ( -167 ) —- T: 6.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• BigRay

@Kbry24 said...

I also think Bryant is due for 1 or maybe 2 today…

against LH pitching…..YES SIR!!!!!!!

• jtkucheck

@chatmar said...

What is HRS? Thanks

Oh boy.

• draped

@Lionfan22 said...

I’m in the same Conundrum As I was yesterday pick Stanton, who’s 3 for 3 against Gsellman. I hate Chasing points though. Or pick Khris Davis? Main Slate

I think both are fine, and I don’t think you have to play one over the other, but I would say that Khris Davis is IMO the better play between the two.

- Both are in bad ballparks for power, but KC is slightly better than MIA.

- Khris Davis has better ISO and wOBA splits

- Gsellman has a very high GB/FB ratio to start his career where as Vargas is a flyball pitcher. but vargas has a slight edge in limiting hard contact.

EDIT: and Davis is 900$ cheaper on DK and 1B/OF instead of just OF

• Ronboogie6

Not sure if this is a dumb question but when people say someone is going to be under/overweight compared to the field what does that exactly mean?

• firepimp

@chatmar said...

What is HRS? Thanks

HR stands for homerun bud.

• JZ2318

@chatmar said...

What is HRS? Thanks

Homeruns

• draped

@Ronboogie6 said...

Not sure if this is a dumb question but when people say someone is going to be under/overweight compared to the field what does that exactly mean?

it means you are going to try and have a higher/lower percentage of ownership compared to the field.

example: if you think bumgarner is going to be 40% owned today in GPPs, and you want to be overweight compared to the field then that means you are aiming for greater than 40% of bumgarner in all of your lineups.

• Supersharpie

@chatmar said...

What is HRS? Thanks

You may want to reconsider playing DFS baseball for the time being.

• bigwillie20

@Supersharpie said...

You may want to reconsider playing DFS baseball for the time being.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

• firepimp

@monarch said...

Anyone trust Brett Anderson LHP at home vs Dodgers at just 6900? I’m trying to justify those bats and can see Darvish underperforming.

I was really liking him and just my inner me said to fade him as I’m not doing any GPP play on the early slate. I went with Zimmerman I can’t honestly give a reason why. He’s been good and the only bat right now that scares me is Sano against him today. And I was able to fit all the bats I liked today with him in.

I’ve been doing 25 to 50 dollar head to heads in the early slate so far. And I’m 39/40 the last 6 days. Why not ride it while it lasts and then been pissing away GPP money everynight. Minimally cashing with lots of misses.

• Supersharpie

I will be entering three LUs in the main slate. Will go with Bum in two and take a chance on Nelson in the other one. He did look very impressive against the Cubs in his first game and the Rockies are due to break out of their slump. Otherwise I would have 100% exposure to Bum.

• KindGuy

You guys hear that?

That’s the sound of the all the NBA fish swimming into the MLB waters.

These next few weeks should be nice and easy.

• DontTrustTheProcess

@chatmar said...

What is HRS? Thanks

Either quit MLB DFS or just give me your money. Thanks.

• Wander_Bread

Assuming they will get this game in pretty easily in Chicago?

• Touchole

@chatmar said...

What is HRS? Thanks

• firepimp

@elementasrat said...

You guys hear that?

That’s the sound of the all the NBA fish swimming into the MLB waters.

These next few weeks should be nice and easy.

Well we should create a cheat sheet for them.

Your Westbrook is equal to our Kershaw
    LeBron = Harper
    Lillard = Bryant
    Harden = Trout
    Isiah = Blackmon (Blackmon turns into Westbrook when at coors) (every Colorado player turns into RWB when playing at coors in peoples minds) (Helen Keller turns into Westbrook if she visits coors)

• Yacht67

Why is Vargas hated today?

• jasonresno

guys what is a pitcher new to mlb dfs thanks

• zlbhorns23

Maybe I’m trying to read way to much into things, But I really thing the Rockies could get the win tonight. Bum should still have good numbers as the team is striking out like crazy

• jtkucheck

@firepimp said...

LeBron = Harper
    Lillard = Bryant
    Harden = Trout
    Isiah = Blackmon (Blackmon turns into Westbrook when at coors) (every Colorado player turns into RWB when playing at coors with people) (Helen Keller turns into Westbrook if she visits coors)

• draped

@Yacht67 said...

Why is Vargas hated today?

Oakland has a lot of power vs lefties and he is a flyball pitcher. also he is slightly worse vs righties and Oakland will probably roll out 9 righties. but he is in a good park. definitely not the pitcher I am targeting against the most but also not a guy I want to play.

• bigsmoot2

Lucroy or Contreras today, hmmm . . .

• draped

@jtkucheck said...

John Wall = Francisco Lindor
    Hassan Whiteside = Giancarlo Stanton
    JJ Redick = Billy Hamilton

IMO Billy Hamilton = Elfrid Payton. dude can put up zeroes like no one else, but also has the potential for an easy +12 off of a walk. I hate playing him in cash most of the time but love him as a one off GPP play a lot. priced for his upside.

• jasonresno

@bigsmoot2 said...

Lucroy or Contreras today, hmmm . . .

contreras mashes lefties, at least in his limited sample size. rolling the dice w/ him.

almost too easy to fit the bats i wanted. now im nervous.

im stacking cubs/red sox/rangers for early slate

• dbreak

@firepimp said...

LeBron = Harper
    Lillard = Bryant
    Harden = Trout
    Isiah = Blackmon (Blackmon turns into Westbrook when at coors) (every Colorado player turns into RWB when playing at coors in peoples minds) (Helen Keller turns into Westbrook if she visits coors)

A.Davis = Tulo (can explode with with mad points, or implode with injuries.) lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).