7:10 PM EST : Texas ( +157 ) at Tampa Bay ( -172 ) — T: 8.0
    7:20 PM EST : Miami ( +168 ) at Atlanta ( -184 ) — T: 8.0
    7:35 PM EST : Seattle ( +124 ) at Baltimore ( -134 ) — T: 9.0
    7:40 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -121 ) at NY Mets ( +111 ) — T: 7.5
    7:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( +128 ) at Milwaukee ( -130 ) — T: 7.5
    7:45 PM EST : Washington ( +102 ) at St. Louis ( -110 ) — T: 7.5
    8:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( -125 ) at Kansas City ( +115 ) — T: 9.0
    8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -106 ) at ( Chi Sox -102 ) — T: 7.0
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( +167 ) at Houston ( -182 ) — T: 9.)
    9:45 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -106 ) at SF Giants ( -102 ) — T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Colorado ( +287 ) at LA Dodgers ( -327 ) — T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• biga0787

Go back to Yankees well?

• mnstone14

@biga0787 said...

Go back to Yankees well?

against Ryu? Doesnt seem ideal.

Max Fried seems like a really big misprice. 6500?

• biga0787

@mnstone14 said...

Exactly, so they should score 23 runs today

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@mnstone14 said...

Fried for 6.5K
    Castillo for 7.1K
    Woodruff for 7.5K

It’s all ridiculous. They’re begging you not to play Giolito, Bauer, Bieber.

Even Gausman at 6.8K,Gibson at 5.6K, Flaherty on the higher end at 8.1K.

Just kind of dumb pricing. So, I guess it comes down to like, do you just play Fried and Castillo (or any other cheap duo) and stack Dodgers and Angels or Astros, or get more creative.

• Ndepompei

@Pandamonious said...

Fried for 6.5K
    Castillo for 7.1K
    Woodruff for 7.5K

It’s all ridiculous. They’re begging you not to play Giolito, Bauer, Bieber.

Even Gausman at 6.8K,Gibson at 5.6K, Flaherty on the higher end at 8.1K.

Just kind of dumb pricing. So, I guess it comes down to like, do you just play Fried and Castillo (or any other cheap duo) and stack Dodgers and Angels or Astros, or get more creative.

Play Bieber and Bauer at lower ownership and stack tigers

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

@Ndepompei said...

Although I don’t have an issue with that concept in general, I’m not sure they’ll really be any lower owned.

My hunch is all these guys will be relatively equally owned, and plenty of people will go Bauer/Castillo or Bieber/Friend or whatever. Playing Bauer and Bieber together or Giolito or whatever just seems like putting yourself behind the field from the begging.

No way out of Fried, Castillo, Woodruff, Flaherty, even Gausman and Gibson that at least 1, more likely 2, and even possibly more don’t put up a big score rivaling the much more expensive plays. It’s not like we’re talking about your typical 6 to 7K pitchers here.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

Really, I suppose, you want to go off the board on pitching you have those guys in between that will get passed over I imagine in Bundy, Strasburgh, Duffy, Hendricks, Taillon.

Weird slate. Lots of good pitchers. Not sure we’ve seen this many good pitchers on a slate since opening day.

• biga0787

Hear me out, Jake Odorizzi on FanDuel is 6700 against the tigers. He was never a bad pitcher, just injury prone. Gpp flier I could see it.

• JENSGT

DK is showing tonights Orioles game PPD? That seems wrong. Am I missing something?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

@JENSGT said...

DK is showing tonights Orioles game PPD? That seems wrong. Am I missing something?

It’s not PPD, I just don’t think they’re including it, since it’s part of a double header.

• axman15

Anyone playing the early slate? I might throw a few lineups in. Never know how to approach games like the Mets/Phillies that’s only 7 innings. I Assume it doesn’t change much for the starters, but for most batters that’s probably 1 less plate appearance.

• ifthethunder

@Ndepompei said...

Paying up for pitching worked for me yesterday. Unfortunately, I stacked Astros instead of Tigers.
    ~

• txdave41

Scored 197 and still couldn’t win enough to pay my $12 entry fees. Is MLB even worth it anymore?

• JIB7

Woodruff seems like a great FD option. 30%+ K-rate vs the Cubs batters in over 100 ABs. Wary of paying down too much (e.g., Fried, Odorizzi) because there’s so much strong pitching on the slate.

Definitely have some Bieber/Bauer FOMO though after having Glasnow yesterday, though.

• biga0787

@JIB7 said...

Woodruff seems like a great FD option. 30%+ K-rate vs the Cubs batters in over 100 ABs. Wary of paying down too much (e.g., Fried, Odorizzi) because there’s so much strong pitching on the slate.

Definitely have some Bieber/Bauer FOMO though after having Glasnow yesterday, though.

I like your thinking. Woodruff has legit 40-50 point fd upside. I think Bauer and Bieber have higher ceilings. But in my instance going from Bauer to woodruff, I can also go from gurriel to acuna. I’d much rather have woodruff/acuna then Bauer/gurriel most days. Incoming gurriel 4 dong day and bauer no no

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Finished 9th… one good swing away from $100k and placed several lineups high yesterday…. Nick Ahmed didn’t come through for me this time, but I still owe him huge.

I like this slate on DK from a game theory perspective, my take early in the day is to not overthink and make a pool of 6-8 pitchers, mix and match them and make sure you have a decent amount of Dodgers bats. A low owned stack that may pay off is KC as Bundy may see ghosts of HR past, also like SEA (and anyone always in BAL).

From tier 1 (pricing wise) I will eliminate Giolito and will probably have less tan 10% combines Bauer/Bieber
    Strasburg is my low owned middle tier pick, maybe some Flaherty but don’t love him today… no particular reasons
    Then Woodruff, Castillo (light), Fried, Gausman

I don’t see any need to reach for anything else

• marker0357

Twins playing today?

• Coheedrodeo

looks like it

• biga0787

I can build some odorizzi and yarbrough lines I really like. But if he comes out of it 5ip 5so and a win no er, you are at 34 points does 5k get you the 15 points you’re losing on fd?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

@biga0787 said...

I can build some odorizzi and yarbrough lines I really like. But if he comes out of it 5ip 5so and a win no er, you are at 34 points does 5k get you the 15 points you’re losing on fd?

That’s a question with not only a lot of different answers, but also creates a lot of questions.

You’re banking on an almost perfect ceiling-esque start from Odorizzi or Yarbrough, but comparing it to a strong, not at all ceiling start from a Bieber or Bauer.

You also have guys like Castillo, Flaherty and Woodruff who can get 45-50, who are 2K or less more.

To flip your question, if I spend 5K more on pitching or even just 2-3K on one of the mid-tier pitchers, can I make that up with a couple cheaper hitters? Of course you can.

I guess it depends on what you want to do. Can you cash with 30-35 from Yarbrough or Odorizzi if your hitters go off, even if the higher end pitchers get 45+? Obviously. Yet, if you get 35 from your pitcher, but multiples of Bieber, Bauer, Woodruff, Castillo, Giolito, Flaherty go for 45+ or one or two of them go off for 60, you’re probably not finishing high in a GPP, because others will always find the right combo of cheap hitters that hit HR’s or just just have a day that fills up the stat sheet.

• biga0787

@Pandamonious said...

That’s a question with not only a lot of different answers, but also creates a lot of questions.

You’re banking on an almost perfect ceiling-esque start from Odorizzi or Yarbrough, but comparing it to a strong, not at all ceiling start from a Bieber or Bauer.

You also have guys like Castillo, Flaherty and Woodruff who can get 45-50, who are 2K or less more.

To flip your question, if I spend 5K more on pitching or even just 2-3K on one of the mid-tier pitchers, can I make that up with a couple cheaper hitters? Of course you can.

I guess it depends on what you want to do. Can you cash with 30-35 from Yarbrough or Odorizzi if your hitters go off, even if the higher end pitchers get 45+? Obviously. Yet, if you get 35 from your pitcher, but multiples of Bieber, Bauer, Woodruff, Castillo, Giolito, Flaherty go for 45+ or one or two of them go off for 60, you’re probably not finishing high in a GPP, because others will always find the right combo of cheap hitters that hit HR’s or just just have a day that fills up the stat sheet.

I’m just snowballing, I do think a large majority of the time paying up at pitching is the way to go. I think a ceiling game for Yarbrough is a solid average start for Bieber or Bauer. The off chance that it works out and he is in the same 5 point score, the trout, Bregman, seagers, you can get by doing it have to also out score the value. Mlb long term may be “skill” day to day its more luck than skill.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@biga0787 said...

Mlb long term may be “skill” day to day its more luck than skill.

Absolutely.

If you consistently build for the most logical outcome, you will certainly get lucky and hit a big one.

If you consistently build for outliers, is possible that you will get lucky and hit a big one

On today slate, there so many high upside pitcher options that to fade them all seems a fool’s errand

• biga0787

@Unico10 said...

Absolutely.

If you consistently build for the most logical outcome, you will certainly get lucky and hit a big one.

If you consistently build for outliers, is possible that you will get lucky and hit a big one

On today slate, there so many high upside pitcher options that to fade them all seems a fool’s errand

Agreed, hard to narrow it down to one

• marker0357

had Peralta and Glasnow last night but spoiled it by having 3 damn O’s. I didn’t expect the game to get canceled so that really hurt.

• hithisisnom

Stacking mostly Royals today, there’s not much I love offense-wise here, so I’m picking on a pitcher I think is a LITTLE overrated in a mediocre spot with an offense that should get overlooked. Tons of good pitching today.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).