7:10 PM EST : Atlanta ( 162 ) at Miami ( -172 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 100 ) at Texas ( -108 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 164 ) at Houston ( -178 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( -122 ) at Minnesota ( 113 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 165 ) at St. Louis ( -180 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:05 PM EST : Kansas City ( -103 ) at Oakland ( -105 ) —- T: 7
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 152 ) at LA Dodgers ( -165 ) —- T: 6
    10:40 PM EST : Arizona ( -132 ) at San Diego ( 122 ) —- T: 6.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• MikeSos760

Kershaw is just too much money to pay up for, preventing you from stacking the best (in Vegas eyes) offenses for the day unless you do a 5-9 stack or something like that.

• stu61

How highly owned will Grienke be vs the Padres?

• crazypaul

@stu61 said...

How highly owned will Grienke be vs the Padres?

Probably lower than he should be because people will be off of him due to his last 2 games. I have no problems using him considering the matchup.

• NSNunn

Greinke is 100% the chalk today. Considering the matchup, the ballpark, the discount from other studs, and the mere fact that every tout is going to write him up today.

Jerrod Eichoff was 35% owned verses the Padres in a hitters park.. Think about that!

• Jaredmlevitt

@NSNunn said...

Greinke is 100% the chalk today. Considering the matchup, the ballpark, the discount from other studs, and the mere fact that every tout is going to write him up today.

Jerrod Eichoff was 35% owned verses the Padres in a hitters park.. Think about that!

Not an apples to apples comparison though. Eichoff was only 6,600 on FD that day. Grienke is 10,400 on FD today. While I do think Greinke is the chalk, I could see his ownership being lower. He has not pitched well this season and is the 5th highest priced starter tonight. I could definitely see people shying way from him.

• firepimp

Yepper every site will have Grienke as the recommended pitcher for tonight I’m staying away screw him.

I just might be crazy enough to pick up Odorizzi or Richards for my tournament plays on the night and Padres batters for a big win if it hits.

• NSNunn

@Jaredmlevitt said...

Not an apples to apples comparison though. Eichoff was only 6,600 on FD that day. Grienke is 10,400 on FD today. While I do think Greinke is the chalk, I could see his ownership being lower. He has not pitched well this season and is the 5th highest priced starter tonight. I could definitely see people shying way from him.

I’m referring to Eichoff’s ownership level on DK on Wednesday night where he was $7900. There were two similarly priced pitchers in good spots (Leake at home for $8100 vs Brewers, and Lackey at home vs the Reds at $8300). Eichoff was the highest owned of the three.

My point being is people are going to auto stream right handed pitchers verses the Padres, regardless of price at this point.

• Jaredmlevitt

@firepimp said...

Yepper every site will have Grienke as the recommended pitcher for tonight I’m staying away screw him.

I just might be crazy enough to pick up Odorizzi or Richards for my tournament plays on the night and Padres batters for a big win if it hits.

I agree w/ Richards tonight. The twins look almost as bad as the Padres. Actually I think they look worse. Also someone to keep an eye on in tourney’s is Joe Ross. He gets a juicy matchup w/ the Phillies tonight.

• jaf373

It takes a looong time for the masses to gravitate away from a known starting pitching commodity. While Greinke’s first two starts didn’t go well, his name still carries a great deal of weight, and even the dimmest of the dim are now well-aware of the Padres’ ineptness against RHP.

• FFguru71

That’d be total BS if people were all over Greinke…No reason to be…He’s sucked his first two starts….Seems like every time I try to “sneak” a Pitcher thru, he ends up being 1000% owned. ZERO reason for that.

• moedigs

@jaf373 said...

It takes a looong time for the masses to gravitate away from a known starting pitching commodity. While Greinke’s first two starts didn’t go well, his name still carries a great deal of weight, and even the dimmest of the dim are now well-aware of the Padres’ ineptness against RHP.

I’m gonna disagree… it’s really early in the season and i think people will figure out a way to spend up to Sale or Kershaw because of Greinke’s last two starts… recency bias is huge for people and i think Greinke’s ownership will not be as high as it should… personally i’m all aboard on Greinke and if he gets lit up then so be it….

• nklotz

@FFguru71 said...

That’d be total BS if people were all over Greinke…No reason to be…He’s sucked his first two starts….Seems like every time I try to “sneak” a Pitcher thru, he ends up being 1000% owned. ZERO reason for that.

>sneak
    >Greinke

pick one

• moedigs

@FFguru71 said...

he does have 10k’s in 10IP… 4 walks in those two is not like him either… plus he’s at petco.. the stars are aligning for a good game from him…

• monarch

@Jaredmlevitt said...

I agree w/ Richards tonight. The twins look almost as bad as the Padres. Actually I think they look worse. Also someone to keep an eye on in tourney’s is Joe Ross. He gets a juicy matchup w/ the Phillies tonight.

I can’t believe the Angels aren’t bigger favorites with Richards and their right hand bats up against Milone at Target Field.

• Jaredmlevitt

@FFguru71 said...

Not sure if this is sarcasm, but i’ll take it that it’s not. There’s every reason to be all over Greinke today. In the 7 games away from Coors, the padres have been shutout in 5, scored 1 in another. And their tied for 3rd in most strikeouts in the league. If there is ever a team for an ace pitcher to right the ship, it’s the padres. Greinke isn’t sneaking up on anyone tonight.

Also to note, the 2 teams that he faced so far this season have pretty good offenses and it was in Arizona which is not a pitchers park.

• MrMadness001

As long as Greinke is being caught by Wellington Castillo every game is going to be a crap shoot for me honestly. He went from one of the best framing catchers to one of if not the worst this year. The only positive I see is that he is still getting strikeouts.

• kmart35

@FFguru71 said...

No reason to be…… Padres SUCK this is reason enough. Just because Greinke hasn’t been good doesn’t mean he couldn’t strike out a lineup of scrubs

• NSNunn

Don’t forget that greinke’s first two starts were against fairly good offensive clubs in the Cubs and Rockies, and both were in the second best scoring environment in Chase Field. A date at Petco with the miserable Padres is what is on the agenda this evening.

• fantasybender

I came here specifically to see what sentiments are out on Greinke for ownership prediction purposes. The whole forum has been about him thus far. I had him as top chalk before coming here, but this just reaffirms the very high liklihood that he is the highest owned pitcher on today’s slate. Recency bias indicates some may fade Greinke, but don’t forget recency bias of his opponent in SD; both due for regression. Vegas likes Greinke today and his price is lower than other top end studs. Highest owned SP IMO. Great value for cash games but a debatable GPP play. I like Kershaw in his stead for GPP.

• jreidlivewire

Does Trout get it going vs the lefty tonight? .276 wOBA vs LHP this season after a career high .434 last year.

• kmart35

@fantasybender said...

I like Kershaw in his stead for GPP.

I really like Sale tonight. TB has shown they are free swingers so far this year and he’s got great swing and miss stuff

• Wrightime

@FFguru71 said...

I agree no reason to be on greinke that much, can he pitch a gem sure .. Hes been awful. And with the likes of kershaw, bum, sale, and even martinez and volquez.. Greinke certainly isnt my top pitcher of night whether its cash or gpp..and to boot hes still 10.4 on fd ..

• welchwb

Debating Volquez to carry over another good performance at mid-range or picking on Minnesota with Garrett Richards for cash. Maybe even jumping down another rung with Rich Hill on GPP to give some more flexibility in the batting section.

I just started MLB this season but its already looking like it might be my best sport (bankroll up 400% on DK and 500% on FD so far, though definitely some luck involved). Now if only I could figure out when to trust the odds for batting or not…

• legitlegit

is keuchel good for cash games?

• mewhitenoise

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

It’s still way too early for this kind of thinking, though – Trout has 17 PAs against lefties this year. And I’m pretty sure two of them have been Jon Lester and Cole Hamels (don’t quote me on that, though).

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler