7:10 PM EST : Atlanta ( 162 ) at Miami ( -172 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 100 ) at Texas ( -108 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 164 ) at Houston ( -178 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( -122 ) at Minnesota ( 113 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 165 ) at St. Louis ( -180 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:05 PM EST : Kansas City ( -103 ) at Oakland ( -105 ) —- T: 7
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 152 ) at LA Dodgers ( -165 ) —- T: 6
    10:40 PM EST : Arizona ( -132 ) at San Diego ( 122 ) —- T: 6.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• mewhitenoise

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@mewhitenoise said...

It’s still way too early for this kind of thinking, though – Trout has 17 PAs against lefties this year. And I’m pretty sure two of them have been Jon Lester and Cole Hamels (don’t quote me on that, though).

***Referring to the Trout comment above.

• Rsmith11

@FFguru71 said...

That’d be total BS if people were all over Greinke…No reason to be…He’s sucked his first two starts….Seems like every time I try to “sneak” a Pitcher thru, he ends up being 1000% owned. ZERO reason for that.

Haha Greinke is so chalk today. SD has sucked all year. Greinke is the opposite of a sneaky play today.

I might try Hendricks in a couple all day lineups.. Wind blowing in slightly and Rockies aren’t as scary away from home.

• jmikeisawinner

Who are the best offensive teams in the league not going by slate and ballparks?

• jeffreybuckets

Red Sox for the sneaky stack!

think we will see a lot of Orioles, Astros and Jays

• Olhausen

@welchwb said...

Debating Volquez to carry over another good performance at mid-range or picking on Minnesota with Garrett Richards for cash. Maybe even jumping down another rung with Rich Hill on GPP to give some more flexibility in the batting section.

I just started MLB this season but its already looking like it might be my best sport (bankroll up 400% on DK and 500% on FD so far, though definitely some luck involved). Now if only I could figure out when to trust the odds for batting or not…

I’m up big also to start the season. But trust me the variance monster will come sooner or later.

• DAR207

St Louis looks so tempting tonight.

• Ibleedblue1

@DAR207 said...

St Louis looks so tempting tonight.

They can actually hit vs RHP. I am thinking of going with a Carpenter, Hazelbaker, PIscotty stack over 50% LUs.

• jeffreybuckets

@Ibleedblue1 said...

They can actually hit vs RHP. I am thinking of going with a Carpenter, Hazelbaker, PIscotty stack over 50% LUs.

you forgot about Grichuk!!!!

• kmart35

Bos/Tor gonna should be way over the 9 OU Sox normally crush Dickey and Jays crush Porcello

• TheRealJosh5

why are the Jays run total projected to be under 4 vs a pitcher it’s bats hit well over the past, Seems odd and confusing to me.

• jeffreybuckets

@TheRealJosh5 said...

why are the Jays run total projected to be under 4 vs a pitcher it’s bats hit well over the past, Seems odd and confusing to me.

it does! they have been held under 4 runs only 3x. Once from Tanaka, Odorizzi (in TB), and to Steven Wright (a game they won 3-0).

Never mind the implied team run total. I think a lot of people will be on them.

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #8

RG Tiered Ranking

I am most intrigued by Houston stack and Miami stack tonight.

• FFguru71

@Jaredmlevitt said...

Not sure if this is sarcasm, but i’ll take it that it’s not. There’s every reason to be all over Greinke today. In the 7 games away from Coors, the padres have been shutout in 5, scored 1 in another. And their tied for 3rd in most strikeouts in the league. If there is ever a team for an ace pitcher to right the ship, it’s the padres. Greinke isn’t sneaking up on anyone tonight.

Also to note, the 2 teams that he faced so far this season have pretty good offenses and it was in Arizona which is not a pitchers park.

I operate under the assumption(and rightly so), that most Casual DFS players(which is a vast majority), that the extent of their research is to look at game logs…If it’s impressive, they take the guy, if not, they don’t. Most DFSers are NOT even hard core sports fans, only follow that sport because they play DFS.

• KillaChap

@FFguru71 said...

I operate under the assumption(and rightly so), that most Casual DFS players(which is a vast majority), that the extent of their research is to look at game logs…If it’s impressive, they take the guy, if not, they don’t. Most DFSers are NOT even hard core sports fans, only follow that sport because they play DFS.

When I use my sports bias I lose. When I don’t, I lose less. Billy Beane yo, stats all day.

• kmart35

@FFguru71 said...

This is very false. Anyone doing this will quickly realize they are throwing away their money and quickly either give up or start doing some legit research

If this weren’t the case could you explain why hitters facing bad pitchers and pitchers facing bad teams are always highly owned? That’s not reflected in any game log

• TheBigM

Thoughts on Rich Hill, GPP play…go

• BmoreClutch

@FFguru71 said...

That’d be total BS if people were all over Greinke…No reason to be…He’s sucked his first two starts….Seems like every time I try to “sneak” a Pitcher thru, he ends up being 1000% owned. ZERO reason for that.

How would that be BS? Yeah Greinke has sucked his first two starts, but he’s still one of the better pitchers in the game. He gets to pitch in Petco tonight against the awful Padres.

On a night with 5 pitchers over $10,000 Greinke is the cheapest with the best matchup. There’s nothing sneaky about him today.

• kmart35

@TheBigM said...

Thoughts on Rich Hill, GPP play…go

Great price (DK) but definite dud potential. Like pitchers in Oakland, don’t like pitchers v KCR

• onepinrodney

@NSNunn said...

Don’t forget that greinke’s first two starts were against fairly good offensive clubs in the Cubs and Rockies, and both were in the second best scoring environment in Chase Field. A date at Petco with the miserable Padres is what is on the agenda this evening.

I agree. Chase is an awful field for pitchers, Kershaw’s OPS against there is 2nd highest to Coors. I get the argument vs. playing Greinke, but this would be a good for spot for pretty much any ML pitcher.

• TheBigM

@kmart35 said...

Great price (DK) but definite dud potential. Like pitchers in Oakland, don’t like pitchers v KCR

Yeah that’s my hangup. Stacked KC yesterday and it paid off well… hmm

• TimmerRC

@TheBigM said...

Yeah that’s my hangup. Stacked KC yesterday and it paid off well… hmm

Hill is a complete boom/bust pick, but his price on FD allowed me to roster a big DET/TOR lineup of bats, so I liked the risk. I used it for a playboy mansion qualifier shot ;)

But over about 8 total LUs today, I’m running out 5 or 6 pitchers, I struggled to lock in on one guy. I’ve got a bit of Greinke, Sale, Kershaw, Hill and Worley.

• JackLotte

@FFguru71 said...

i actually think the opposite. With all the articles and tools (many of which are free or reasonable) the avg DFSer is more informed than ever IMO

• TheBigM

Price and risk are two great reasons, going with him for GPP today. I’m mini-stacking Cards and Mets with a little BOS thrown in.

Good article on him over at fangraphs if anyone is thinking of playing him.

Good luck!

• Barnold89

Pitching in Arlington tonight is atrocious hitters who own the split on both teams are going to be huge tonight

• kmart35

Can I somehow take Bumgarner as a position player tonight? lol going deep again

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler