7:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -125 ) at Miami ( 115 ) —- T: 8
    7:40 PM EST : Toronto ( 118 ) at Minnesota ( -128 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:40 PM EST : St. Louis ( 128 ) at Milwaukee ( -139 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( 0 ) at Texas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 114 ) at Chi Sox ( -124 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 146 ) at LA Dodgers ( -159 ) —- T: 7
    10:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -115 ) at Seattle ( 106 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 0 ) at San Diego ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ecallarman

Dang it’s quite in here. This slate doesn’t get me too excited as far as pitching goes but I see some real opportunities for hitters.

• frugal

Wow….MLB forum already dead?

• Jonas137

A 2 game NBA slate is more active than MLB even, yees. Not a fan of the top arms today, hitters and budget arms today

• rgreuli

To Puig or not to Puig?

• RatedDAL

I really wanna roll with Darvish. 6 IP, 6 Ks 2 ER, QS and a win. I can already see him leaving in the 3rd with an injury w K and an earned run against him though.

• frugal

I got crazy lucky last night with Marquez, Andrus, Donaldson and a whole lot of nothing. Tonight’s slate outside LAA/TEX looks tough, lot’s of low-ish scoring games. Maybe a couple guys from KC or MIL

• patpat1999

Thoughts on Shomemaker tonight at Minnesota?

• PhoFever

NHL playoffs. Only when these are down to 2 game slates will I put myself through the sadomasochistic exercise of stacking BOS, PHI and NY, then watching them get shut down by glorified minor league pitchers.

• osuryanf

@patpat1999 said...

I’m definitely taking atleast a piece of him. A lot of stats seem to be there, but Minnesota seems to be playing and hitting pretty well as of late. Definitely not one I can go overboard with, but I think we can justify a piece or two.

On the flip side I do like Perez against Toronto… TOR has a very high K rate on the road, Perez has increased his K rate nearly double… Problem is, he walks a ton of guys also. I think he gives up some runs but I’m hoping he can strike out enough to be a positive play.

Lucchesi probably my favorite pitcher play of the night so the best advice I can give you is… avoid him at all costs. -5 point night incoming.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #75

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

Wow….MLB forum already dead?

Well… at the moment Drew Smily is dominating the RedSox…. feels like a stretch to venture into any prediction

• frugal

@Unico10 said...

Well… at the moment Drew Smily is dominating the RedSox…. feels like a stretch to venture into any prediction

Red Sox have been pretty frustrating on a nightly basis so far this season though. I missed the early slate today.

• madmanjayWV

@patpat1999 said...

Boy, I dunno, tbh ^

My buddy’s first make LU had Shoemaker in it on FD, and I told him there was 0% chance if I’m making 1 LU on FD it’s not going to have Willie Shoemaker in it.

Then, I looked at the slate at the SP choices and about puked. Currently, I’m hitched to BauerOUTTAGE for now, but not sure that’s the correct play.

Kind of like taking the chance on ole YU, at least on DK, too early to make 100% commitment tho.

As far as PUIG goes — he is dirt cheap on FD and will be massively owned in cash, I’d reckon. He was in one of my 2 initial GPP builds.

• Efhatch1990

Thinking Castillo has a good game against the dodgers risk of giving up a hr or two but huge k upside

• osuryanf

@Efhatch1990 said...

Thinking Castillo has a good game against the dodgers risk of giving up a hr or two but huge k upside

Reds homer here so not saying he’s a bad play because Castillo has loads of talent.

…. but Dodgers are one of the best in the league at not striking out. 4th best in the majors, 2nd best in last 3 games..

Not talking you out of him, but I don’t think Castillo’s K% is as high here as other matchups.

• jtkucheck

@Unico10 said...

*Dan Straily

But yeah.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #75

RG Tiered Ranking

@jtkucheck said...

*Dan Straily

But yeah.

Lol… I always mess those two guys up

• Efhatch1990

Im not saying im locking him in but i really like him for gpps in single entry. But thanks for the stats

• Jonas137

Casali batting leading against Kershaw. Might be the chalk for catcher, lead off so rare for a C

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #75

RG Tiered Ranking

@Jonas137 said...

Casali batting leading against Kershaw. Might be the chalk for catcher, lead off so rare for a C

Gotta play at least on CIN stack with Kemp and Puig revenge right?

• EricQ23

Cardinals gonna bash Freddy P again?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #83

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Unico10 said...

Gotta play at least on CIN stack with Kemp and Puig revenge right?

Terrible sample size, but so far this season the Reds against LHP are…

1st in .ISO (383), 1st in OPS (1.070), Also 1st in Slugging as you might expect by a large margin and 5th in OBP, 1st in wOBA at .438, and 2nd in wRC+ at 171. On the flip side they’ve struck out 29.6% of the time.

• Jonas137

And now another catcher, Garver (MN), announced at lead off.

• rgreuli

Time to enter the all Dodger revenge stack…Puig, Kemp, Schebler, Farmer.

• feekdogg

@Jonas137 said...

And now another catcher, Garver (MN), announced at lead off.

He’s 3400 on FD though, so it’s a more difficult decision. However, he’s hitting the cover off the ball right now.

• deadphish

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #75

RG Tiered Ranking

is rood open at Marlins Park tonight?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler