7:40 PM EST : St. Louis ( 107 ) at Milwaukee ( -116 ) —- T: 9
    7:40 PM EST : Toronto ( 136 ) at Minnesota ( -147 ) —- T: 9
    8:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( 0 ) at Texas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 105 ) at Chi Sox ( -114 ) —- T: 9.5
    9:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 121 ) at San Diego ( -131 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:07 PM EST : Houston ( -156 ) at Oakland ( 144 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 162 ) at LA Dodgers ( -177 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -109 ) at Seattle ( 101 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• osuryanf

Too many games for me. I’ll throw in a few cheapies, but I’m not wasting the bankroll on this one.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

If playing on Fanduel, keep in mind their main slate starts at 6:35.

• Lathum

@bhdevault said...

If playing on Fanduel, keep in mind their main slate starts at 6:35.

That is interesting because you never see them do that.

Must be because Red Sox- Yankees.

FWIW I think it is a horrible decision. I think you will have a lot of people who don’t change their lineups.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

@Lathum said...

That is interesting because you never see them do that.

Must be because Red Sox- Yankees.

FWIW I think it is a horrible decision. I think you will have a lot of people who don’t change their lineups.

Agree.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Lathum said...

The reality of mlb dfs these days is if multiple teams go off you need your whole lineup to be from those teams or you are doa.

I hate how true this is right now! Pitchers mean nothing and have been close to worth nothing. I cashed with Cahill/Showmaker (yes I’ll own up to my bad picks but I didn’t “like” anybody else). Castillo/Yelich/Calhoun trio saved me.

• frugal

Taking a look at the projected lineups and RG has the LAA/TEX game currently with an O/U of 18…

• Wooden_Bones

@frugal said...

Taking a look at the projected lineups and RG has the LAA/TEX game currently with an O/U of 18…

I saw that as well, thought it was an error that they’d correct soon.

• frugal

@Wooden_Bones said...

I saw that as well, thought it was an error that they’d correct soon.

OK, down to 10.5 right around where I expected it.

• frugal

@hautalak said...

I hate how true this is right now! Pitchers mean nothing and have been close to worth nothing. I cashed with Cahill/Showmaker (yes I’ll own up to my bad picks but I didn’t “like” anybody else). Castillo/Yelich/Calhoun trio saved me.

Yeah…if things continue like this a new approach to pitcher pricing or scoring is going to be needed.

• hautalak

• x2

@frugal said...

Yeah…if things continue like this a new approach to pitcher pricing or scoring is going to be needed.

I’m not sure the answer and don’t really care to find out. Unfortunately I’ll just keep playing with the chips that are dealt and tread carefully everywhere I look. There’s been some funky stuff working this year. For me the only “plug” right now is Snell when he pitches and hard to get away from Yelich but I will tonight.

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

I’m not sure the answer and don’t really care to find out. Unfortunately I’ll just keep playing with the chips that are dealt and tread carefully everywhere I look. There’s been some funky stuff working this year. For me the only “plug” right now is Snell when he pitches and hard to get away from Yelich but I will tonight.

Glasnow has been spectacular so far. I like him tonight…check that, I love him. Love him so much, that I will use Dylan Bundy in 75% of my lineups because that’s how it goes.

• hautalak

• x2

@PhoFever said...

Glasnow has been spectacular so far.

Now Yahoo will only have one slot (because you lock him in!).

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

Updated to reflect Barria starting in place of Harvey for the Angels. I replaced my Rangers stack with a Blue Jays stack…yikes!

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/mlb-data-detective-best-player-values-apr-16-3007977

• Timboslice528

O’s fan here. I think it would be foolish to not throw at least a few Rays into your lineup tonight. Bundy has been BADDD. I’d be shocked if he made it through 4 innings tonight.

• Njsum1

@hautalak said...

good pitching performances are important for a deep GPP run, not necessarily a min type cash. You can, doesnt mean it happens with high frequency, min cash, or slightly better with negatives or mediocre pitching.

But I agree getting hitting right seems to be more important for higher scores. Yet that’s something that’s less predictable and subject to much more variance. I’m in the midst of a good run in MLB as I’ve been doing well with hitting. Yet that comes and goes. It’s important to be able to get your pitching right consistently, so it doesn’t destroy you on nights where hitter variance is on your side. Still think the thing you want to focus on getting right is pitching, especially when u have to start 2. 🤷‍♂️

• hautalak

• x2

@Njsum1 said...

It’s important to be able to get your pitching right consistently, so it doesn’t destroy you on nights where hitter variance is on your side. Still think the thing you want to focus on getting right is pitching, especially when u have to start 2. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I’ve tried and haven’t done the best but I’m not just throwing “bums” out there. If I’m paying 10K+ (even 9K+) on some nights, I need those K’s! What happened to them all from last year?! I guess they’re there but so are the ERs.

Night with “choices” like tonight are good but nights like last, you have to stomach the “right” play (Darvish) and I played him in 1/4. And even that might be debatable. So far 2019 season has been difficult to say the least!

• imanz

@Timboslice528 said...

O’s fan here. I think it would be foolish to not throw at least a few Rays into your lineup tonight. Bundy has been BADDD. I’d be shocked if he made it through 4 innings tonight.

Yeah I’m plugging some Rays tonight. What do people think for the Red Sox-Yankees game? Sale has not been impressive this season.

• Syzltuth

Leon being called up and will be catching sale tonight, hopefully the move helps and sale finally gets a good performance tonight vs the walking dead yankees

• smokeyca14

Chris Davis magical week continues

• mr_papageorgio

Am I crazy for thinking about Pablo Lopez today? Cubs tend to not hit as well on the road and I think Lopez has some sneaky K upside.

• captainwacky

@mr_papageorgio said...

Am I crazy for thinking about Pablo Lopez today? Cubs tend to not hit as well on the road and I think Lopez has some sneaky K upside.

Eh. There’s a lot of higher upside lesser risk options but it’s not absolutely crazy. I just don’t know if you need to stretch to save as much with the weird amount of middling pitching today.

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

@mr_papageorgio said...

If there’s one thing I’ve learned about MLB, it’s that no lineup idea is ever crazy…just when you rule out a player, they go off.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@mr_papageorgio said...

For thinking about? No. To me he’s the type you might run out at like 10% maybe 15% if you’re multi-entering. Single line ups, I think settling there is a bit wild. I wish he was cheaper. There’s no discount there. He hasn’t earned that price. Wouldn’t surprise me if he held things down though and gave you 15-20. If I was looking to pivot off Gibson on the cheap end I’d take my chances with Jorge Lopez I think.

• Taterchipdip

Just use these pitchers tonight.

and Gray.

• mr_papageorgio

Thanks guys. I hadn’t looked at salaries yet but yeah it seems like he’s priced at his ceiling. I probably won’t go there since it is single entry but good to know I’m not completely off my rocker lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).