8:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( +110 ) at Texas ( -119 ) — T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Toronto ( -121 ) at Kansas City ( +112 ) — T: 9.0
    8:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( +140 ) at Milwaukee ( -152 ) — T: 8.0
    8:40 PM EST : NY Mets ( ) at Colorado ( ) — T:
    9:38 PM EST : Minnesota ( ) at LA Angels ( ) — T:
    9:40 PM EST : Detroit ( +164 ) at Oakland ( -179 ) — T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -150 ) at San Diego ( +138 ) — T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Houston ( -110 ) at Seattle ( +102 ) — T: 8.0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

Looks like I’m writing off both White Sox-Red Sox and Blue Jays-Royals due to weather.
    ~

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

So, what does everyone think of Scherzer here?

Seems like the decline might be real. The power given up to lefties keeps growing. Obviously Dodgers and Braves is not an easy start to the season, and I’m not convinced the D’Backs are some powerhouse, but they could throw six capable LHB’s at him here.

• rocketman828

Hey guys I won an entry into the DK Mega Gold Glove contest tonight. I’m really excited and nervous at the same time I just hope to hit the minimum cash line any more than that would be icing on the cake. Anyone have any takes are insight on tonight’s slate.

• mnstone14

@rocketman828 said...

Hey guys I won an entry into the DK Mega Gold Glove contest tonight. I’m really excited and nervous at the same time I just hope to hit the minimum cash line any more than that would be icing on the cake. Anyone have any takes are insight on tonight’s slate.

Cleveland like a really good play today outside of the teams that are going to be chalkiest. Also like Oakland.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Nothing set in stone until lineups are out and the weather picture is clearer…

Max vs DeGrom…. need to look at where the own% falls, but Coors and the huge OF gaps take a toll… keep that in mind

Mid range…. be wary of a chalky LH fly ball pitcher vs Cruz and keep an eye on the lineup that the Astros throw out there for an easy safe pivot.

That’s all the wisdom I have for now and isn’t much. Big day ahead, hope some one here takes home the $250k

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Seems like the decline might be real. The power given up to lefties keeps growing. Obviously Dodgers and Braves is not an easy start to the season, and I’m not convinced the D’Backs are some powerhouse, but they could throw six capable LHB’s at him here.

Two starts vs ATL and LAD in which he finished around 20fpts anyway… not too concerned, but not sure I will play him

Only one lineup today

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

A little nugget… Colin Moran and Bryan Reynolds have an unusually good BvP vs Houser, they bat 3 and 4 and they are free

PS: BvP must be used in contest…. if Tatis or Trout are 4 for 10 vs anyone it means nothing because they are good at hitting the baseball, by the same token if some rando is 1 for 8 vs DeGrom it also means nothing… you need to look for outliers

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Coors PPD… makes this slate a whole lot more interesting strategy-wise…. now fading Max is the core decision as ownership on him will probably be twice what it was

• am03wins

@mnstone14 said...

Cleveland like a really good play today outside of the teams that are going to be chalkiest. Also like Oakland.

What makes you like Cleveland in this spot? They have been absolutely abysmal against righties this season and it’s not like Hoffman is a complete gas can (so far this season, at least)

.182 average, 60 wRC+, .255 OBP against righties as a team so far this season.

• ecallarman

@Unico10 said...

A little nugget… Colin Moran and Bryan Reynolds have an unusually good BvP vs Houser, they bat 3 and 4 and they are free

PS: BvP must be used in contest…. if Tatis or Trout are 4 for 10 vs anyone it means nothing because they are good at hitting the baseball, by the same token if some rando is 1 for 8 vs DeGrom it also means nothing… you need to look for outliers

You are right… Apply context to these, because it is a small sample size.

• zeeshan2

damn really wanted degrom and the mets stack

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@ecallarman said...

You are right… Apply context to these, because it is a small sample size.

It is but is still several games with roughly 10 plate appearances…. .667 and .500 both with bombs and only one K is unusual as they aren’t barn burners. Could be salary relief options… too bad they are at positions with much more attractive alternatives

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@am03wins said...

What makes you like Cleveland in this spot? They have been absolutely abysmal against righties this season and it’s not like Hoffman is a complete gas can (so far this season, at least)

The smallpark?

• Njsum1

@am03wins said...

I’m playing the early slate only and I’m using Hoffman

• Njsum1

@Unico10 said...

The smallpark?

It’s also a good park for strikeouts. I can see Hoffman giving up a couple of homers, yet getting like 15 DK points

• Njsum1

@Unico10 said...

It is but is still several games with roughly 10 plate appearances…. .667 and .500 both with bombs and only one K is unusual as they aren’t barn burners. Could be salary relief options… too bad they are at positions with much more attractive alternatives

Anyone who’s ever played baseball knows BVP means something. Pitching is a lot of deception…some players see the ball well coming from certain pitchers.

Not saying Moran or Reynolds are great plays, yet the the fact that Houser only has 1 k in all those at bats, means they see him well, or aren’t fooled by him. Unless Houser changed his delivery or added new pitches or throws from a different arm angle, Moran and Reynolds, should continue to see him well.

Doesn’t mean it will translate into hits.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Playing the early only slate…4 lineups, 3 have scherzer…1 full stack against scherzer 🤷‍♂️

• yisman

KC also PPD
    BOS/CHW also PPD

• awilson45

Not a fan of the pitching options today. Thinking about Buelher as my #1 over Max

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Hopefully we get the twins and astros lineups soon… can’t finalize without those two…

Wish everyone was like the Reds, but still light years better than NBA :)

• yisman

Last Friday the main slate only had 6 games so at least it’s better than that. Still not a great slate, though.

• am03wins

@awilson45 said...

Not a fan of the pitching options today. Thinking about Buelher as my #1 over Max

I like Kikuchi a lot. Good K%, pitching against a triple A lineup tonight.

Also hasn’t given up a hit to a left hander yet on the season; significant considering half of the best batters left in the Astros lineups are lefties.

• awilson45

@am03wins said...

I like Kikuchi a lot. Good K%, pitching against a triple A lineup tonight.

Also hasn’t given up a hit to a left hander yet on the season; significant considering half of the best batters left in the Astros lineups are lefties.

Good shout. I was looking at him as a #2. My only concern is HRs

• JohnFR

Anybody get nervous with Angel Hernandez behind the plate for Montas, my numbers really like him, but man I do not trust Angel from screwing something up.

• mnstone14

@am03wins said...

because im looking at more than a 12 game sample size. Hoffman is bad over the last couple years and Cleveland has enough guys that can do damage, and the bullpen is below average. And theyre guaranteed ABs in the ninth. I should have clarified I only play GPPs for baseball though.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).