• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

1:10pm Kansas City(-130) at Minnesota —- T:8.5
    1:45pm Milwaukee at St. Louis(-148) —- T:7.5
    7:05pm Philadelphia at Washington(-138) —- T:6.0
    7:07pm Tampa Bay(-105) at Toronto —- T:8.5
    7:10pm Miami at NY Mets(-113) —- T:7.0
    10:15pm Arizona at San Francisco(-165) —- T:6.0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• JHols1nger

Probably the ugliest slate we’ll see all season if I had to guess, looking like a great day to take a break.

• bucherpsu08

Mondays and Thursdays are the typical travel days so you get a lot of these short slates. Similar to Thursdays in NBA I guess.

• Wrightime

Cant believe the nats are only -138 at home agansit the phillies

• Whynot138

@Wrightime said...

Cant believe the nats are only -138 at home agansit the phillies

hamels – look at the total

• 08Gary08

Vargas or Milone? KC or Minn?

• Zealonsunited

I am looking at Fiers. History shows that the Cardinals bats struggle against him. I need to check Heyward’s history against him.

• bucherpsu08

If you’re big on pitchers history vs a team then Vargas is your guy. From the MLB Probables page on MLB.com:
    Last year, Vargas was nasty on the Twins, going 3-0 with a 0.96 ERA — he gave up just three runs and 20 hits in 28 innings.

• Zealonsunited

Ha, why I phrased “looking at Fiers”………Like always, i am looking for the daily lineups to post before I make a decision. KC the best team in baseball?

• FanalystDrew

Bum/Fister for cash? See what I did there…

• zachlowry

Left $3300 in salary on the table for the early slate. Taking a gamble on Milone

• maxeernst

ugly slate.

DK has a 3$ entry 25k guaranteed for the 2 early games…. throwing dartsssssss

• tgerty117546

Left 4k on dk solo shot(early) yesterday put up a 142 placing 28th. left over salary is definitely ok in smaller slates especially if you are stacking lineups. gpp only ofcourse.

• maxeernst

Something about playing hitters against my pitchers is making me feel like I have to poop right now.

Feels weird. 2 game slate yuck.

• bucherpsu08

I have no confidence about any of the early starters. I think FIers will be the highest owned so I’ll likely go against that.

• maxeernst

Tough to figure out what it will take to win a GPP in the early slate today.

Have to imagine that stacking top of the order from two of the teams with their pitchers and a hanging player from one of the other teams will probably be easily replicated by other players.

Thinking about employing a few middle/bottom of the order stacks honestly to make it more likely I’ve got a unique lineup even if it has a much smaller % chance to hit.

• Joeltimb

I’m an NBA DFS guy, doing my first MLB. Any quick tips?

• codyallison1026

hope and pray^. I cant seem to get the hang of it all, thinking about switching from DK to FD for MLB as I’m told it’s easier to cash on

• Tanner131

Do you guys like a Nationals stack?

• bucherpsu08

Maybe a Nats stack in a GPP since it’s a short slate, but attacking one of the better pitchers on the board is usually not a very good strategy.

• Jimmywil

@Joeltimb said...

Wait till tomorrow

• dunny06

@Joeltimb said...

I have had a hard time transitioning. This is my first season doing MLB too and its a different animal. Been very unpredictable for me so far. I might find a great pitcher that gives me 15+ pts but then my hitters all strike out…I am not even targeting bargain hitters.

• codyallison1026

I played Harper, Reyes, and Stanton the other day 0 points total. Then I’ll pay up for pitching instead of hitters, and they’ll get shelled. I try to stack a team and they go off the following night.

• gooch2306

I’m running into the same stuff. I think its just hard to gauge, at this early stage of the season, how its going to go long term. You have think sound research will pay off over time.

• maxeernst

MLB is clearly a high variance sport.

Many of the best hitters in the league on an average night will go 1/3. For every 1HR 4RBI 4/4 batting performance there will be three or four 0/4 performances.

Definitely a sport where you need to play within your bankroll and, like some have said, have faith/confidence your research and high percentage plays will pay off over time.

For every 500, 1k, 2k or whatever GPP entries you brick, you just need to bink a nice finish 1 time to be profitable ;-).

• smutpeddlers

@Joeltimb said...

I’m new also and will tell you what I’ve been doing since I don’t have all the number and stats down yet. I look at pitching and what they did last year and this year against lefties and righties, weather, which ball park, and mini stack teams who have done well against lefties or righties. I then match my darts to what the expert have to say. It’s definitely a different beast but it’s cool because 1 guy in the negative won’t kill your chances.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).