11:05 AM EST : Toronto ( -101 ) at Boston ( -107 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : NY Mets ( -170 ) at Philadelphia ( 156 ) —- T: 6.5
    7:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 106 ) at Cincinnati ( -115 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Washington ( 147) at Miami (-155) —- T: 7
    8:09 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -111 ) at St. Louis ( 103 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 116 ) at Chi Sox ( -126 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 118 ) at Minnesota ( -128 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:15 PM EST : Arizona ( 124) at San Francisco (-134) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Vitricate

Bryce Harper only $4,200 on DK?

What? Lol he was 80 percent owned at 5000+ today to begin with so is there a logical explanation? Dude should be 6k so his ownership isn’t so high. He’s one of those players people just ride with no matter what just because, so this price drop is pure insanity. Reminds me of Chris Davis a few days ago being dropped to 3600 from 5000 after a homerun game so I grabbed him and he got another homerun at 3600 for me lmao what’s with the random price drops on players I know it’s slate based but Bryce isn’t in a terrible matchup and neither was Chris Davis the other day so what’s up?

• walkoff9

The matchup should have kept him from being 6k, not drop him to $4200.

• Vitricate

• bighop04

I could fade him, the problem is he will get at least 1 ab off a guy from the bullpen. I really wouldnt expect anything off jose

• Vitricate

His bvp OBP is .500 with .300 avg now I know a lot of people discount bvp but it’s not like Jose owns him Bryce still put up 3 hits and 3 RBI’s in 10 at bats. Im more just saying that he is going to be high owned no matter who he plays and he is an anomaly right now where he is hitting anything coming to him. He is only high owned all the time because he is affordable. Make him more expensive and he won’t be. It’s annoying everyday seeing Bryce Harper 50 60 70 80 percent owned even in random matchups cause this dude is fantasy Jesus right now. I just don’t like guys that are “permanently” high owned I think that means there is something wrong with the price if everyone just grabs him since he is easy points.

• Redskins4

DK just doesn’t get it, I made this thread for opening day when Bryce was priced less than Denard Span and Mookie Betts. Monday he is priced the same as Curtis Granderson, Christian Yelich, Miguel Sano, Jay Bruce, and Hunter Pence. Retarded. Starts to ruin the game when pricing is this terrible.

Bryce is far and away the best player in baseball, if he stays healthy he has no competition for MVP again.

• Bigo1

RG Overall Ranking

Get him in cash, fade him in GPP (fully or partially)

• Wrightime

Not sure about far and away best player in baseball , maybe in nl

• MikeSos760

Most interesting matchup tonight is how the Cardinals will do against Lackey.

• djoseph1989

Is everybody paying up for Noah today

• MrMadness001

That is the big question for me today. I play only GPP’s so it seems like more then half the field will have him. I would say time to fade for that reason alone but may not be worth it if he goes HAM again.

• cAUmberlandtiger8

@djoseph1989 said...

I think he is a must play in all formats. I love game theory, but sometimes you can out think yourself if you try to get too cute.

• MikeSos760

@djoseph1989 said...

Against the Phillies ? You almost have to have him… I suppose he could have a rough outing but not likely. You may be able to roster Rodon with the hope he has an excellent game and gets the win and gets you within a close enough amount to Noah where your extra expensive bats can make up and surpass the difference, but that’s very iffy.

• nklotz

@Redskins4 said...

Bryce is far and away the best player in baseball, if he stays healthy he has no competition for MVP again.

Mike Trout would like a word with you…

But seriously I totally agree that the pricing for Harper is ridiculous and needs to be fixed asap.

• TBforPrez

Agree you have to pay up for Noah in both cash and GPP. Got a pretty good DK lineup but struggling with my second P – Santiago or Lackey. Lackey’s opponent (STL) has a lower expected run total but STL is a powerful offense. Santiago has a slightly better K%.

• TBforPrez

@TBforPrez said...

Agree you have to pay up for Noah in both cash and GPP. Got a pretty good DK lineup but struggling with my second P – Santiago or Lackey. Lackey’s opponent (STL) has a lower expected run total but STL is a powerful offense. Santiago has a slightly better K%.

Or actually Maybe Anderson against Minnesota is a better option

• jaf373

Good example with Harper yesterday. In the early slate $27 GPP on DK, he was 72% (!!!!) owned. For a 7-game slate, that’s almost unfathomable.

At the risk of sounding like a whiner, I can’t foresee any situation in which playing a hitter owned by 72% of the field on a 7-game slate is considered a good play.

• yanks237

I actually really like Santiago today, the White Sox are horrible versus LHP dating back to last year with high K%.

• TBforPrez

@jaf373 said...

Good example with Harper yesterday. In the early slate $27 GPP on DK, he was 72% (!!!!) owned. For a 7-game slate, that’s almost unfathomable.

At the risk of sounding like a whiner, I can’t foresee any situation in which playing a hitter owned by 72% of the field on a 7-game slate is considered a good play.

Interesting. Should be able to get a good early read of his ownership today for the main slate based off the all day slate right? Is there a way to see ownership levels in DK or FD ongoing contests without having an entry?

• Ndepompei

Fade Harper for Jay Bruce

• fcurev

• Blogger of the Month

noah leaves the worst batters lineup in history for cash though…i can’t put together something decent

• jmikeisawinner

What will be the surprise stack for the day?

• jeffreybuckets

@jmikeisawinner said...

What will be the surprise stack for the day?

Giants maybe??

• ItzJamesFTW

Harper is cheap because of matchup. It’s simple. If you think he will do good, roster him. We don’t need any other discussion besides that. I LOVE seeing his 50+% ownership every night. Even a 2-4 with two singles performance isn’t anything great. I’m just not putting my money on Harper taking Jose deep in three at bats. He is good at baseball, but isn’t a god, and susceptible to let downs like everyone else.

Votto/Bruce/Suarez in a nice spot. Braun nicely priced. Montero cheap.

• feekdogg

@TBforPrez said...

Or actually Maybe Anderson against Minnesota is a better option

Be careful with MN/Mil. Rain likely tonight, could end up PPD, depending on when rain moves in.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler