11:05 AM EST : Toronto ( -101 ) at Boston ( -107 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : NY Mets ( -170 ) at Philadelphia ( 156 ) —- T: 6.5
    7:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 106 ) at Cincinnati ( -115 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Washington ( 147) at Miami (-155) —- T: 7
    8:09 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -111 ) at St. Louis ( 103 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 116 ) at Chi Sox ( -126 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 118 ) at Minnesota ( -128 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:15 PM EST : Arizona ( 124) at San Francisco (-134) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• fanturds

Anyone else rolling the dice on Straily?

• Ndepompei

Going with straily some in DK lets you get Noah and good bats

• Brandon684

And that is the reason that I say that Reds stack is a trap. I strongly believe Straily is going to struggle right from the first pitch and if he gets tagged by Arenado, CarGo and Story, it will be real tough for Reds bats to get going.

• ramfan9776

Why would Colorado offense hitting have anything to do with the Reds bats against Lyles?

• dingdangdong

@MikeSos760 said...

Most interesting matchup tonight is how the Cardinals will do against Lackey.

I think they will score a decent amount of runs off him (3-5) but I’m not sure how much value there is in those runs from a DFS perspective.

• firepimp

@ramfan9776 said...

Why would Colorado offense hitting have anything to do with the Reds bats against Lyles?

Some people swear by the fact of the psychological depresso moment it causes a team when another team takes an early lead. They believe if say Colorado smacks 4 runs early then the Reds moral and hitting potential drops by 30%.

• KillaChap

@Redskins4 said...

DK just doesn’t get it, I made this thread for opening day when Bryce was priced less than Denard Span and Mookie Betts. Monday he is priced the same as Curtis Granderson, Christian Yelich, Miguel Sano, Jay Bruce, and Hunter Pence. Retarded. Starts to ruin the game when pricing is this terrible.

Bryce is far and away the best player in baseball, if he stays healthy he has no competition for MVP again.

If it were up to you, he’d be priced higher than Syndergaard. DC Homers.

• Brandon684

@firepimp said...

Some people swear by the fact of the psychological depresso moment it causes a team when another team takes an early lead. They believe if say Colorado smacks 4 runs early then the Reds moral and hitting potential drops by 30%.

This has happened a few times already.

• fanturds

@Brandon684 said...

And that is the reason that I say that Reds stack is a trap. I strongly believe Straily is going to struggle right from the first pitch and if he gets tagged by Arenado, CarGo and Story, it will be real tough for Reds bats to get going.

Edit: I quoted the wrong person, my bad.

I think there could be some psychology at play, if guys start pressing at the plate and start having bad at bats; trying to make up 4 runs in one swing.

but it’s April so my gut reaction based on nothing says you might see that more often later in the year.

But at the same time, pitchers might throw more fastballs for strikes if they have a good lead.

• TheRealJosh5

@djoseph1989 said...

Is everybody paying up for Noah today

1 LU with, 1 LU without.

• Brandon684

@fanturds said...

Edit: I quoted the wrong person, my bad.

I think there could be some psychology at play, if guys start pressing at the plate and start having bad at bats; trying to make up 4 runs in one swing.

but it’s April so my gut reaction based on nothing says you might see that more often later in the year.

But at the same time, pitchers might throw more fastballs for strikes if they have a good lead.

And if Colorado is ahead early, whenever Joey Votto or Jay Bruce come up to bat, Jordan Lyles can just intentionally walk them every time if he wanted.

• kmart35

People starting to jump on the BvP train. Martin owned in 17.9% all day

• kmart35

@Brandon684 said...

And if Colorado is ahead early, whenever Joey Votto or Jay Bruce come up to bat, Jordan Lyles can just intentionally walk them every time if he wanted.

Last thing a pitcher wants with a big lead is to give the other team free base runners

• TBforPrez

Anybody have some ownership #s for the all day slate on either DK or FD?

• ramfan9776

I just have a hard time believing that if Cargo hits a 2 run shot in the first that the Reds are gonna pack it in against one of the worst pitchers in the NL. I understand the psychological aspect of getting down 3 against a Kershaw type and pressing, but not in this situation.

• Rsmith11

Strally is in half my lineups at only $4,000 matched with Syndegaard. Hoping for 40 points between the two and then a lot of money left for bats.

• FFguru71

Here we go again….no one should even consider stacking a lineup like the Reds, typically under any circumstances…people look at Bvp and guess what?? reds stack. Going contrarian is getting harder and harder every day, and Bryce is a perfect example. You figure no one will pay that much for him($5900 on FD) and you take him assuming your getting an edge…Nope, 25% or more owned depending on the slate. Same thing with Syndeergard tonight…NO ONE paid that much for pitching last year, Syndeergard could be like 10% owned on a night like tonight last year…but tonight…even in large field GPP’s he will be like 50%+. There almost is NO edge anymore without being stupid and hoping it works out.

• ScoLuns

• Blogger of the Month

Stack the twins/brewers game.

💵💵💵💰💲

• legitlegit

harper only 5.3% owned in the $2K Mon MLB Squeeze #2 on fanduel

• bucherpsu08

People aren’t stacking Reds because of BvP numbers. They are stacking Reds because Lyles has an ERA and SIERA in the mid 4s, a WHIP of 1.4, a K% of 16, and a wOBA greater than .330 to both lefites AND righties. In short, he’s a bad pitcher and it just makes sense.

• Ibleedblue1

I getting pretty frustrated trying to make a LU worth a damn on FD today.

• jeffreybuckets

the Reds are in a good spot. But I believe that their ownership % wont be that high. Because they aren’t the most explosive offense. A lot of people have a bias when it comes to stacking a team. if it were the Jays, Orioles, Red Sox, etc. the ownership numbers would be a lot higher. if I had to guess I imagine Votto will be around 15-20%. Just my opinion.

• fanturds

@bucherpsu08 said...

People aren’t stacking Reds because of BvP numbers. They are stacking Reds because Lyles has an ERA and SIERA in the mid 4s, a WHIP of 1.4, a K% of 16, and a wOBA greater than .330 to both lefites AND righties. In short, he’s a bad pitcher and it just makes sense.

I watched one of his games. He just could not put hitters away. We are talking the bottom third of the Padres. 4 pitch walk to the pitcher IIRC

• Razzle11

@FFguru71 said...

Here we go again….no one should even consider stacking a lineup like the Reds, typically under any circumstances…people look at Bvp and guess what?? reds stack. Going contrarian is getting harder and harder every day, and Bryce is a perfect example. You figure no one will pay that much for him($5900 on FD) and you take him assuming your getting an edge…Nope, 25% or more owned depending on the slate. Same thing with Syndeergard tonight…NO ONE paid that much for pitching last year, Syndeergard could be like 10% owned on a night like tonight last year…but tonight…even in large field GPP’s he will be like 50%+. There almost is NO edge anymore without being stupid and hoping it works out.

Different sport, same tired complaint? Was a daily thing to see you post things like this in CBB. So because of BvP the Reds stack is going to be chalky? Could it not be the fact they are projected to score the most runs of any team in the evening games? Could it be that Cincy is a great hitters park and they face a pitcher who just is not very good? Could it be the fact that they do have guy who have a lot of dong potential in Votto, Bruce, Suarez? The Reds aren’t a great team but most of that is due to their pitching staff, not necessarily their offense.

Yes people paid up for pitching last year, just like they did the year before. People will ALWAYS look at doing 1 of 2 things with their pitching when possible…take a top stud and find a cheaper offense to stack around him or they will take a cheap pitcher so they can stack a stud offense..such as teams in Coors etc.

I do not get where you come up with your random ‘s you like to throw out there? Given the pitching options tonight, there would be no way somebody like Syndergaard (who is being talked about as a CY Young type pitcher) would be 10 owned…Where the hell do you think everybody would be going to make up 100% of a GPP field with tonight’s options?

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #8

RG Tiered Ranking

Noah + Reds Stack + Super cheat value plays.

Also, watch out for rain in Minnesota.

Other then that, call it a day.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler