8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -117 ) at Minnesota ( 108 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 120 ) at Houston ( 110 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : SF Giants ( 114 ) at Kansas City ( -123 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 129 ) at St. Louis ( -140 ) —- T: 8
    10:05 PM EST : Texas ( -129 ) at Oakland ( 119 ) —- T: 7
    10:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 153 ) at LA Dodgers ( -166 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Miami ( -103 ) at Seattle ( -105 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Arizona ( -122 ) at San Diego ( 113 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• fanturds

is this the first full evening slate of the year?

• noddy

@fanturds said...

is this the first full evening slate of the year?

Pretty sure. So many choices.

• monarch

Duvall is hitting one out tonight. Reverse splits matchup RvR vs Gausman. Only think that scares me is the Orioles bullpen is lights out so there may be limited opportunity.

• krazyju84

How is everyone doing in MLB so far this season? I have whoooping 8.33 profit.

• Njsum1

Too much slate

• yanksfan1

As the slates get larger, does stacking become less needed? Obviously gonna be players from multiple team that go off

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

Do I try to burn money again with a Toronto or Cubs stack…nope too many other options.

• Jaws1002

@monarch said...

Duvall is hitting one out tonight. Reverse splits matchup RvR vs Gausman. Only think that scares me is the Orioles bullpen is lights out so there may be limited opportunity.

ESPN says Gausman is pitching for Orioles tonight. Morning grind and Orioles website has Jiminez as the starter. Anyone know who is right???

• txdave41

@yanksfan1 said...

As the slates get larger, does stacking become less needed? Obviously gonna be players from multiple team that go off

You could have scored 315 pts last night without using a stack. I don’t think you can take down a GPP with stacking. Sure, if you hit on the right stack, you won’t end up with zeroes, but it is unlikely that every player is going getting home runs and you’ll need at least 70% of your lineup score over 20 pts.

• Njsum1

@yanksfan1 said...

IMO it really depends on the slate and the build. I’m making one lineup tonight as I do on all super large slates for MLB and NBA. On medium slates I like to make 4 to 10 lineups, on a super large slate, since I don’t max enter, making more than a few lineups usually doesn’t work out for me. Tonight it’s 1 lineup. As far as stacking, it would seem like a good night to stack less. My DK lineup has 2 stacks of 2 (if you can even call 2 players from the same team a stack) and 4 1 offs.

Edit: I decided on two lineups tonight as there are 3 pitchers I want to use…still not stacking though. Lineup two has 6 1offs and a two man stack. I’m also not trying to win a GPP tonight, just have a nice cash or two.

• LouisD21

Which is the most beneficial or “safer”, 20-player or 100-player?

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

@txdave41 said...

You could have scored 315 pts last night without using a stack. I don’t think you can take down a GPP with stacking. Sure, if you hit on the right stack, you won’t end up with zeroes, but it is unlikely that every player is going getting home runs and you’ll need at least 70% of your lineup score over 20 pts.

I agree with you in that you don’t HAVE to stack to take down a GPP. However many of my tops scores (Top 10 finishes) are with two team stacks. I think it’s best to enter multiple line ups some with stacks others without.

• HungryHungryHip

@krazyju84 said...

I’ve had one really great night(6x profit) otherwise it’s been a disappointing start. That one night has helped keep me around break even thus far though. I’ve been just outside the money on a lot of the slates. Not sure if I’m playing tonight or not. Large slates just overwhelm me unless I find a lot of matchups I’m super confident in. Plus, work makes it almost impossible to do the research necessary for me.

Good luck to those who crush it today though

• fanturds

@krazyju84 said...

i turned my bankroll from 200 dollars into 1,900.

Not really sure what to do next.

• Supersharpie

@txdave41 said...

The guy who won the FD Squeeze last night ($4 entry, $25,000 prize) did so with a four man Yankee stack.

I pretty much exclusively played the Squeeze last year and the vast majority of winners stacked. The most popular strategies seemed to be two four man stacks or two three man stacks complemented by either two one offs or a mini two man stack.

• bigwillie20

@fanturds said...

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

The guy Chiefjustice06 had a night. In every Contest I entered he took down first with the same lineup. Counted atleast $30k.

• monarch

@fanturds said...

Same here…I’ve been leveraging the bankroll each night, mainly cash, and steadily growing at a modest rate.

• HungryHungryHip

@Supersharpie said...

The guy who won the FD Squeeze last night ($4 entry, $25,000 prize) did so with a four man Yankee stack.

I pretty much exclusively played the Squeeze last year and the vast majority of winners stacked. The most popular strategies seemed to be two four man stacks or two three man stacks complemented by either two one offs or a mini two man stack.

Obviously, it’s always depends on the slate and matchups provided. However, this is my 3rd year playing MLB DFS and it feels like the best way to take down a large slate(12-15 games) is to have a stack that goes off. This is especially true for large field tourneys. You can have some of the best plays going non stack and still not be anywhere close to the top if a team scores 10-15 runs. I’ve had that happen to me far too often so I rarely play larger slates(large field tourneys) anymore without stacking.

I prefer the smaller slates(6-10 games) because I’m more of a mini stack guy(2-4 players) Those have been my most profitable nights in MLB

• ssmith35

What are a couple things that you look for when doing research for slates? I am fairly new to MLB DFS. Are there certain statistics that are more beneficial?

• krazyju84

@HungryHungryHip said...

I’ve had one really great night(6x profit) otherwise it’s been a disappointing start. That one night has helped keep me around break even thus far though. I’ve been just outside the money on a lot of the slates. Not sure if I’m playing tonight or not. Large slates just overwhelm me unless I find a lot of matchups I’m super confident in. Plus, work makes it almost impossible to do the research necessary for me.

Good luck to those who crush it today though

yea, even though one could get lucky just throwing in some lineups within minutes but will be missing out on lots of valuable information especially in large slates like tonight.

• krazyju84

@fanturds said...

thats some nice returns! If the gains are mostly from GPP then my advice would be dont get too confident and use conservative bankroll management. BUT if you have been winning in cash games then keep on keeping on!

EDIT: even in cash still use proper bankroll management!

• monarch

@ssmith35 said...

What are a couple things that you look for when doing research for slates? I am fairly new to MLB DFS. Are there certain statistics that are more beneficial?

Ballpark, weather, where someone bats in the order. Last night Starlin Castro had all that going for him and was 1500 less than the chalky Altuve.

• Njsum1

@HungryHungryHip said...

Obviously, it’s always depends on the slate and matchups provided. However, this is my 3rd year playing MLB DFS and it feels like the best way to take down a large slate(12-15 games) is to have a stack that goes off. This is especially true for large field tourneys. You can have some of the best plays going non stack and still not be anywhere close to the top if a team scores 10-15 runs. I’ve had that happen to me far too often so I rarely play larger slates(large field tourneys) anymore without stacking.

I prefer the smaller slates(6-10 games) because I’m more of a mini stack guy(2-4 players) Those have been my most profitable nights in MLB

Yes a stack will most likely take down a tourney, yet there are 30 teams playing tonight, and on smaller slates I prefer stacking as well. Yet good luck finding the 1 stack tonight that does the trick. Not only that you’ll need even better luck finding the right combo of players on that 1 team that you’ll need to win. If your entering a 150 lineups, sure go for it, cover as many bases as possible. But if your only entering 1 or a few lineups, you’re best off not using full stacks, and passing by all those busted stacks and increasing your odds of a nice 2x to 6x cash.

• fanturds

@krazyju84 said...

thats some nice returns! If the gains are mostly from GPP then my advice would be dont get too confident and use conservative bankroll management. BUT if you have been winning in cash games then keep on keeping on!

EDIT: even in cash still use proper bankroll management!

I came in 4th in the 30K home plate last night, but I had some solid action working Friday and Saturday as well…. Usually playing just one or two lineups.

I’ve cashed in about 45 percent of GPPs this year…..which leads me to believe I’m due to crash back to earth.

I have already set aside some money from the bankroll, and I’ll probably keep going at the 5-33 dollar tier for entries, but I do want to take at least one shot at something in the next tier up.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).