8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -117 ) at Minnesota ( 108 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 120 ) at Houston ( 110 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : SF Giants ( 114 ) at Kansas City ( -123 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 129 ) at St. Louis ( -140 ) —- T: 8
    10:05 PM EST : Texas ( -129 ) at Oakland ( 119 ) —- T: 7
    10:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 153 ) at LA Dodgers ( -166 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Miami ( -103 ) at Seattle ( -105 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Arizona ( -122 ) at San Diego ( 113 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Rachelynn51912

How do you guys go about stacking when the position you want to stack is taken?…
    Ex. Stacking the O’s and the Mets. O’s Stack would be Jones, Trumbo, Machado, Smith. This doesn’t allow you to fit in Granderson, Bruce, or Cespedes,. Just curious on this thought process.

• Jaws1002

@Rachelynn51912 said...

How do you guys go about stacking when the position you want to stack is taken?…
    Ex. Stacking the O’s and the Mets. O’s Stack would be Jones, Trumbo, Machado, Smith. This doesn’t allow you to fit in Granderson, Bruce, or Cespedes,. Just curious on this thought process.

Multiple entries because there is no way around wanting to use 5 outfielders for 3 spots, but if you are going with 1 lineup you have to trust your research as to who the best 3 are that night.

• mstutts2799

Also wondering if its gausman or ubaldo tonight

• Tnjkoch221

O’s website shows Gausman. I’d tend to trust it most regarding starters. But, hey, could be wrong

• krazyju84

@fanturds said...

I came in 4th in the 30K home plate last night, but I had some solid action working Friday and Saturday as well…. Usually playing just one or two lineups.

I’ve cashed in about 45 percent of GPPs this year…..which leads me to believe I’m due to crash back to earth.

I have already set aside some money from the bankroll, and I’ll probably keep going at the 5-33 dollar tier for entries, but I do want to take at least one shot at something in the next tier up.

Its your winnings and your on a hot streak so understandable you want to stab at something higher. Hope you keep killing but as you said, DFS will smack you back to earth at some point so when that happens you will need to keep cool and use proper bankroll management. i have lost mucho in NBA towards end of the season even with proper management, now that i look back on it i probably could have used a short break instead.

• DcSports89

Could someone tell me what the term one off means?

• jdogg7811

@DcSports89 said...

Could someone tell me what the term one off means?

Single player from another team not included in your stacks.

• fanturds

@krazyju84 said...

Its your winnings and your on a hot streak so understandable you want to stab at something higher. Hope you keep killing but as you said, DFS will smack you back to earth at some point so when that happens you will need to keep cool and use proper bankroll management. i have lost mucho in NBA towards end of the season even with proper management, now that i look back on it i probably could have used a short break instead.

And also, Thames isn’t going to go yard every night…..

• hcassidy

I want to stack the Tribe/Twins game as I think it could easily be an 8-7 type affair tonight, as Tomlin is a straight up ‘Gas Can’ at the moment. But thing that is scaring me off a bit is the Tribe may have informed Tomlin if you don’t turn it around as in right now you will be losing your spot in the rotation. The Tribe has Mike Clevinger sitting down at AAA dealing it right now, has 3 starts is 2-0 (19 innings pitched) 1 earned run(.47 ERA) and 25 SO. What is more impressive over his last 2 starts he has thrown 13 scoreless innings with 17K’s.

• SweeneyPhoto

MLB probable pitchers website is listing Jimenez starting for O’s. if you haven’t been on that site check it out, lots of good tidbits and BvP info.

• Sharpljp

Hey guys does anyone know a good place to find MLB line movements?

• MPDR1983

@Sharpljp said...

Hey guys does anyone know a good place to find MLB line movements?

Vegasinsider

• Focalfitness

Any Catchers that look like must plays tonight?

• Codith

@Focalfitness said...

Any Catchers that look like must plays tonight?

B.McCann

• bigsmoot2

I only play FD single entry GPP (one lineup per night) cheap $1-2 buy ins, only play max of 5$ per slate (even when I want to play more, I don’t, and that can be really tough) spread across 3-4 contests. I am up $101 for the season, I have had one really good slate (last Saturday), and 2 decent slates. I like FD for single entry GPP as DK single entry ones, when they even have them, fill up too fast.

Good luck tonight, hopefully it is better than last night, my A’s and Indians mini stacks stunk, while my Yankees mini was good, oh yeah and Cotton stunk it if up for me too.

• deactivated51600

@txdave41 said...

I don’t think you can take down a GPP with stacking.

This is soooooooo wrong!

• deactivated51600

@Rachelynn51912 said...

I’d recommend choosing one team to stack the heaviest. Then rotate in others. Use multi entry capability to mix in, for example, Granderson, Bruce, Cespedes into the spots your main core has Jones, Trumbo, Smith.

• deactivated51600

@yanksfan1 said...

As the slates get larger, does stacking become less needed? Obviously gonna be players from multiple team that go off

I’d say it becomes more needed. You will want to be heavy on the team(s) that go off the most.

• fanturds

@SweeneyPhoto said...

MLB probable pitchers website is listing Jimenez starting for O’s. if you haven’t been on that site check it out, lots of good tidbits and BvP info.

Roch Kubatko, Orioles beat writer for MASN thinks Gausman will get the nod…..MASNsports Lists Gausman as starter.

• kdub

@whoisjohngalt said...

I’d say it becomes more needed. You will want to be heavy on the team(s) that go off the most.

I’d say 4-5 man stacking becomes much less needed, and using mini stacks is much more viable..

• Jaws1002

@fanturds said...

Roch Kubatko, Orioles beat writer for MASN thinks Gausman will get the nod…..MASNsports Lists Gausman as starter.

This is going back and forth all morning. Reds would be a nice play if its Jiminez, not so much against Gausman. Hope we get some clarification soon.

• khart

Question….Cheese always uses the term “tournament one off”. What exactly does that mean?

• CJtheGrump

Yesterday I decided to try to target high-contact hitters only – hoping for getting on base, scoring a run or two…. 6-10 from each hitter. High contact rates, low K rates. I also looked for decent wOBA and pitchers who give up lots of contact.

It did not go well. I had 2 of 8 hitters do anything at all. 1 darn near carried the entire lineup, but it was mostly 0s.

Weird b/c I would expect a lineup that targeted home runs to look like that.

• deactivated51600

@kdub said...

I’d say 4-5 man stacking becomes much less needed, and using mini stacks is much more viable..

Def a subjective topic. I know I personally have had my results dramatically improve once I decided to just simply make a stand each night and choose 1 team to go super heavy on in 50-100 line ups. Then, rotate other plays I like into those. I don’t use any LU builders or optimizers, all manually done. I am typically 90%+ exposed to 5-6 players. I play Quarter Arcade every night and cash in it almost every night.

Considering your results it’s hard to not see that your point also could be accurate. I think a lot of it has to do with how people execute their process, whichever they choose. Personally, I am big on encouraging people to do bigger stacks because it’s worked so consistently well for me and I love seeing other people do well too.

• RiRiMonsta

@whoisjohngalt said...

Def a subjective topic. I know I personally have had my results dramatically improve once I decided to just simply make a stand each night and choose 1 team to go super heavy on in 50-100 line ups. Then, rotate other plays I like into those. I don’t use any LU builders or optimizers, all manually done. I am typically 90%+ exposed to 5-6 players. I play Quarter Arcade every night and cash in it almost every night.

Considering your results it’s hard to not see that your point also could be accurate. I think a lot of it has to do with how people execute their process, whichever they choose. Personally, I am big on encouraging people to do bigger stacks because it’s worked so consistently well for me and I love seeing other people do well too.

I do something similar. Take my favorite 5 stacks and mix in a bunch of 1offs or 2man stacks with them.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).